The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dundee v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Dundee v Livi Empty Dundee v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:45 pm

Normally i hate International breaks, but with us having so many injuries and players struggling with covid etc, this one came at an ideal time for us. Hopefully we've got a few players back fit and ready to play for this game.

Dundee are journeymen R US, full of has beens with a lot of baggage, Griffiths being their latest signing. Think we dodged a bullet with that sort of signing last season, when Stokes chucked it without kicking a ball, really disruptive influence imo, unfit and unstable. Anyway, lets get in about them and notch up our first league win. Mon the Lions.
    orco
    orco

Dundee v Livi Empty Re: Dundee v Livi

Post by orco Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:38 pm

Charlie Adams, Jason Cumming and Leigh Griffith scare me. Sad
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:48 pm

Me too Orco, Cummings & Griffiths are potentially goal machines if they can get the supply & Charlie Adam can be their supplier. They will have to click but they have far more scoring potential than we do. The three of them may well be past their best & may have baggage but they are all still easily good enough for Scottish football’s top tier, which really isn’t that good in the grand scheme of things.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:59 am

Don't think Adam's will be playing, read on a forum he's out for several weeks yet.

Griffiths isn't the player we remember, even at Celtic he's not been that player for a few seasons. Whether he can get his head down and work hard enough to get back to something like his old self remains to be seen.

I'm more concerned with us than them tbh, if we can get ourselves on a decent run without injuries and illness hampering us, we'll be fine, as the old saying goes, winning breeds confidence, all we need to get going is a win, this is a game we could do with winning. Dundee will be one of the teams down the bottom we need to get above.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 am

Adam - don’t wish any harm on him but that’s good for us
    Griffiths - Less of a spotlight on him in Dundee, exactly what he needs… the downside for him is, for all his undoubted talent, his reputation is self inflicted, he’s his own worst enemy.

Agreed, much more concerned about us… the problem is we haven’t won a league match since beating Accies before the split last season and winning that didn’t bring any confidence. In fact the only teams we have beaten in 90 mins since then were Brechin & Cowdenbeath - if I remember correctly the worst & 2nd worst teams in the SPFL last season & those wins didn’t bring any confidence. (Yes we had illness & injuries but that only served to prove that we have quantity but very little quality in the squad).

That said this game is approaching “must win” status; but the most important thing for me is to not lose & just get a point on the board. So far we have been fortunate in that the other teams down the bottom end are also not winning, that won’t last for ever though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Very little quality?

A few seconds away from a draw against Aberdeen, but for Stryjek chucking it into his own net, and again not much in it against Motherwell. Even against Hibs it came down to 3 forced substitutions with injuries/illness fecking us up more than being outclassed, esp when Fitzwater went off. If that's us with little quality and narrowly losing games, we don't really need to worry much, when our 'quality' players come back, and are fully fit, we'll stroll it against those teams.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:36 am

I was clearly talking about the league cup group games, our league games have been close to our first choice xi
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:22 pm

So back to league business thank fech.Trying so hard to get enthused by this, but struggling. Hopefully some of the boys back reasonably fit will help us.The thought of Cummings and Griffiths coming at us gives me the boak. Really hope the lads are up for this. We've got to start to put points on the board,and this would be an opportunity to do so.Just don't lose Livi and cheer us all up for gods sake.Deppressed already.🙄💛.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Got more than a full squad back fit, and are having to leave some players out that could've played, massive difference from the Hibs game where we had players on the bench that were nowhere near ready to play and a player coming on with a rib injury.

Griffiths and Cummings have great goal scoring reps, but we've faced a lot better and got points, better teams than Dundee too, absolutely nothing to fear here, lets go get those points. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:01 pm

0-0 FT.

Shite for most of the first and second half, came to life in the last 10 mins in both halves and thought we were going to do a smash and grab on them.

Big Stryjek saving us a few times, his goal line clawing it out the net looked like going it.

Just not impressed with Hammy when he replaces Anderson, goes through the motions when balls are punted up to him, but puts in no real effort to win them. Would like to see Panayiotou getting a shot instead of Hammy.

First point on the board and a clean sheet, hopefully we push on now.

Oh and nae luck again for Sibbs, gets injured every game he plays this season, hope he's ok and it's nothing serious.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Fechin PPV.Gave up after nearly half an hour in.Couldnt even get a dodgy stream.Will watch the highlights later but from what I've heard Max was a standout for us.Were on the board finally. Yeh hope wee Sibbs is OK.Sounded like a bad one.Thinking last season after a bad start we took points off the old firm.Could be wrong but have had a few tins so forgive me.Anyway well done the Lions for in my opinion an unlikely point away from home,albeit a shitfest of a game.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Got an e mail telling me they'd stuck up more servers and it worked after that Troy. Just in time to see us having a few near chances on their goal.

2nd half we started poorly again (swear we must serve the players Ovaltine at HT, the way they come out so slow), but thankfully Max was on song to keep it level, then going into 3 mins injury time we were all over them, swamping their box. Just couldn't get that final touch to score before being cleared out their box though. Big Obileye claimed for a pen when his shot was blocked, on seeing the replay it was a handball twice, and we should've had it.

Would've been harsh and FAF on Dundee if we'd taken all 3 points, but hey. it's happened to us a few times this season so would've been good to see it going our way for a change, fecking didn't though.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:16 pm

Cheers L/F.Some PPVs are a nightmare.As i said sounds like Max had a belter of a game,will check later.Also agree with others about Jack Hamilton.I think he is out of his depth at this level and I just wish Anderson had someone better quality beside him.Only my opinion of course,but could cost us in the long run.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:43 pm

Just watched the highlights. Got to be honest. Max was magnificent. Got us a point there.Still think up front we're lacking that final touch.Dundee the better chances.But a clean sheet away from home which i said beforehand I thought unlikely has to be applauded. Well done the Lions.👏.Its a start but a long way to go.Still sceptical. 🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 pm

I was there, it was a poor game between two poor sides, only time I thought we were conceding was when Max clawed it out, I thought he had only helped it in but thankfully it went wide of the goal.

I never thought at anytime we were going to score but there keeper made one or two decent saves too.

We lack imagination in possession, take far too long to move forward, never win the second ball. Our passing is sloppy & our dead ball delivery is inept.

While it was a poor game between two poor sides it was actually spoiled by an even poorer referee.
    For our penalty claim, I thought perhaps the defender was too close to get out the way but it was the far end so it wasn’t clear.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:48 am

Having watched Sportscene’s highlights… they have a very skilled editor, he made it look like it was one way traffic with Dundee camped in our half. In fact we had long spells of possession where we did absolutely nothing with the ball & Dundee sat back and let us.

Still not convinced we should have had a pen but I have seen them given for less.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:16 pm

An uninspiring performance and game. That makes getting a point from it all the more satisfying. We've played better in games this season and got nothing. Max more than made up for his faux pas in the Aberdeen game yet again.
    Once more we are the team that has a man carried off yet get four bookings to Dundee's one. Maybe we need to get more sleekit.
    So, our next three games are Celtic at home then Rangers and Hearts away. Does anyone actually expect us to get anything from any of them? That will not stop those with the unrealistic expectations from calling from the manager's head. It's been hard and it's only going to get harder. We need to get behind the team and encourage them all we can.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:53 pm

orco wrote:An uninspiring performance and game. That makes getting a point from it all the more satisfying. We've played better in games this season and got nothing. Max more than made up for his faux pas in the Aberdeen game yet again.
    Once more we are the team that has a man carried off yet get four bookings to Dundee's one. Maybe we need to get more sleekit.
    So, our next three games are Celtic at home then Rangers and Hearts away. Does anyone actually expect us to get anything from any of them? That will not stop those with the unrealistic expectations from calling from the manager's head. It's been hard and it's only going to get harder. We need to get behind the team and encourage them all we can.

bounce

Come on now Orco, have you not read any of my posts over the years. lol!

Celtic at home a draw, maybe even sneaking a 1-0 or 2-1 win.

Hearts away a draw.

Sevco away, ok i'm really stretching now, but i'm in the holding out some hope of sneaking it on pens for this one. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:04 pm

Stretching now? You were at the very least reaching prior to that.

The current level of performance will be insufficient to trouble any of our next 3 opponents.
    Granted we usually raise our game against these sides but I’m not convinced this squad of players can raise their game sufficiently to make enough impact.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:42 pm

Wouldn't make any difference to you if we were winning every game and scoring for fun Bertie, you'd still have us losing our next 3 games. and i'd have us winning them. Laughing

I'm pretty confident Celtic wont beat us at home, neither them or Sevco are any great shakes playing away, and Eduard leaving is a big loss for them too. Fancy us getting something at Tynnie too, we aren't as bad as our results have suggested and Hearts aren't as good as theirs has them either.

Sevco at Ibrox is a different kettle of fish, because it's a cup game i'm still hanging on in there hoping we can take them to pens, or scrape through with a goal just before going to ET or pens. That's def the toughest game out the 3 of them, purely because it's at Ibrox and officials will give them everything.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:41 am

Officials are giving all our opponents everything this season though so that is something we have to face every game.

And yes, my glass is usually half empty, cracked & leaking but our overall level of performance is dropping game by game, the only positives from Saturday were Max & the point to get us off the mark.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:27 am

Yeh,agree Bertie.Ive said before that the balance of the team as opposed to recent seasons is worrying,especially up front.Id also suspect that when your at the wrong end of the table decisions generally go against you,but we're well used to that by now.Its going to take a monumental effort for us to turn this around imo.Albeit a horrendous run of fixtures hasn't helped us as well as some uncharacteristic mistakes in certain games as well.Im not convinced that this current team can turn this around ,but we live in hope that as usual we do it the hard way to get us out of this rut.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:31 pm

Dundee v Livi D9f2ee10
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:22 am

Must've been hard up for striker performances this week if Griffiths gets in the team of the week in a goalless draw. lol!

Wouldn't take much for us to turn it around Troy, 4 other teams haven't won a game yet, 1 win would lift us a few places up the table, as long as the other 4 teams didn't win too.

The table looks pretty much how it'll be going into the split, top 6 and bottom 6 wise, maybe St Johnstone will do their usual and finish strong to get into the top 6, apart from that i can't see the current bottom 6 teams changing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:56 am

Who are you and what have you done with Liviforever? If you were really LF you’d have US going on another amazing run to make the top 6 & threaten for a European place!

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 am