The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Celtic v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi Empty Celtic v Livi

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:52 pm

Nobody wanting to talk about this game, with just one day to go and no match thread yet. lol!

Never know what you'll get with Livi against Celtic, but away from home it's mostly 4,5 & 6 goal humpings, so i think it's a case of expect the worst, and hope for the best in this game. As long as we don't pick up any injuries, keeping the score down for our GD would be good too, and even better if we humped them or got a draw, but that's prob not going to happen.

Hopefully Anderson is ok to play, his energy up front will be needed here, expect we'll go 4-5-1 against them again, with us trying to hit them on the counter. Free hit anyway, nobody expects us to get anything, so lets surprise them and take a point or three, mon the Lions, you can do this. cheers
    Troy

Celtic v Livi Empty Re: Celtic v Livi

Post by Troy Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:04 pm

TBH.Cant wait to get this out of the way.On the other hand,we've absolutely nothing to lose here so might as well have a go.Im expecting nothing from this and just hope its not too painful to watch.Wee boost knowing Rogic is out with hamstring problem.But seems Septic have turned a wee corner as we have.Just feel Parkhead will prove to be a daunting prospect for us tomorrow unless we at our very best turn up. Any way I wish them all the luck and that they prove me wrong again.Have a go Livi,you just never know🦁🤞.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:49 pm

We will lose. We will park the bus but it won’t help. Hopefully it’s tight.

Unfortunately Ross Co are at home to a fast fading Hibs
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:20 am

A good day for us tomorrow would be Ross County, Dundee and St Johnstone getting nul points. 😏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:20 pm

Ross County game postponed, might actually be a good thing, breaks up their phenomenal victory over Dundee, giving them another week off to get it out of their system and not going into their next game on a high. Which will be Sevco at Ibrox, so they'll prob get pumped. Also will mean they'll have 2 games closer together when the Hibs game gets replayed, in midweek.

And of course we play Hibs at home next Sat too, which breaks up their routine having no game for another week. Gives them extra days recovery but we'll have 7 days before that game and will have plenty time to recover from the Celtic game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Interesting starting XI.

Celtic v Livi Team_l10

Pitts not in the squad, thought it may be because Shinnie is back, but surely he'd be a sub if available. Was thinking this last week with Pitts and Shinnie, both play the same position, and bring different qualities. Shinnie is technically a better player, but Pitts energy and closing down will be a big miss in this game.

Anyway, Parkes playing looks like we're going with a back 3, or will Obileye move into his best position as a holding mid, would love to see that happen. Good looking line up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Looks like the usual 5-4-1 to me - I agree that the lack of Pittman is a concern. Sibbald also missing from the squad, sure I saw him with the subs at half time on Wednesday.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Don't know what to make of that.What the fech was Obiley doing.Could have cost us.Need to see it again,but to do that at Parkhead,madness.Did we deserve a point from that? imo probably not.Celtic fans will be seething.But credit to the defence for sticking to their guns.Wasnt pretty from our point of view but the point could be priceless later in the season. Shame that Obiley will now be missing for next week against Hibs though,he had such a good game and indeed could have got a pen in the second half when Hart clattered into him.Nonetheless,well done Livi for a battling display that I never thought they'd get.Hands up.👏🦁👍.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:43 pm

Just to edit,just seen the pen incident.Soft as shite.But Obiley should have known better. Embarrassing from both players.🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Wow, what a result, was out a walk with my dog and checked the HT result, then waited till the game was over before looking to see the final score, brilliant from the Lions. Wont be many teams keeping a clean sheet there.

Pity other results all went against us, but it's a point gained today, and we'll get the chance to make up the 3 pts Dundee and St Johnstone got when they play Celtic.

What a turn round for us though, 4 games undefeated now, bring on the covid mob next week.

Oh and Max has turned into one hell of a penalty saver, two pen shoot outs we've won and i think that's his 2nd pen save in the league, 2 in the space of a week too, and wasn't far away from the 2nd County pen either.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 pm

Tremendous result.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:55 pm

Concice and straight to the point Bertie.Love it.👏🦁👍.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:44 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if Livi were to put in an appeal on that oh so soft red card,would Obiley be eligible to play next week.Or is it just the drink talking.Ive seen it again.And could be worth a shout.Thoughts guys.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:04 pm

It would be fast tracked, so we'd have to win the appeal.

By all accounts we should've had a penalty too, for Hart's challenge on Obileye. Now that would've been funny if we'd taken all 3 pts. Usual one sided decisions from the officials though.

The reaction to Obileye's pat on the head was embarrassing, reminded me of the Celtic fan who ran up nd did that to the Italian keeper, can't remember the team now, and he dropped like a sack of spuds to the ground play acting, ended up getting stretchered off because he'd taken it so far and had to go through with the pretense to ridiculous measures. Silly of Obileye to react to the push on him though, luckily for us Max saved the pen, and got us a deserved point.

Parkes looks like he can come in and do a decent job though, and Fitzwater has been outstanding. That tw@t on P&B used to slag him off with his pathetic 'fizzywater' patter, notice he's away into hiding these days though.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Yeh,of course I'm ecstatic with the point.But even more galling when I hear some septic supporters saying it was soft.Bobby Madden another official helping the old firm.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:12 am

He helped Hibs in a cup quarter final game against us a few seasons ago too,. Giving them a free kick for nothing just outside the box, which was hit straight out of play for a goal kick, but Madden decided it was a corner, which then resulted in them getting a goal. Then going into injury time at 2-2, heading for 30 mins ET, he gave them a penalty for feck all.

That's what you're up against most weeks playing bigger teams.

Obileye could've got Hart done for assault with that punch to his face. Halkett got a pen for less against the Hearts keeper in our 5-0 win. We got a pen awarded against us at Hamilton for even less again.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:25 am

I'm sick of the acting from footballers. That's twice in two games that over reaction from opposition players has resulted in red cards for us. Don't get me wrong, Williamson was at fault for his stamp on Glass's foot and Obileye was foolish to take a slap at Furuhashi. However imo in both cases the referee was influenced by the opposition player's reaction and brandished reds when yellows would have sufficed. Furuhashi should be embarrassed at that especially clutching his face and then remembering that it was the back of his head that was touched. Obileye will now automatically miss the next two games v Hibs and St Mirren and we can ill afford to lose him.

That said I am delighted with the point as well as getting a difficult game out of the way. Mon the Livi!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:13 am

Obileye was silly to raise his hands & cuff the lad round the head. Gave the ref a decision to make & in the modern game you simply cannot raise your hands to an opponent no matter how lightly you “swing your handbag”.

As far as us getting a pen earlier for Hart clashing with Obileye… never going to happen, Schumacher on the French lad was a million times worse & proves that keepers need to bludgeon, knife, shoot, bury & dance on the grave singing hallelujah before they are penalised.

Aside from that I didn’t think there was that much in the incident when I saw it… perhaps Ayo should have squealed like a stuck pig & fell to the ground holding his head?
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:00 pm

Obileye reacted stupidly but I'd say it was Furuhashi who gave the referee a decision to make and that's the basis of my complaint - footballers who cheat to get a fellow professional sent off.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:44 pm

Furuhashi’s reaction was ridiculous but as soon as Ayo cuffs him the ref has to do something… law of cause & effect. If Ayo doesn’t cuff him then there is no decision to make, so bottom line is Ayo gives the ref a decision to make, Furuhashi then influences the ref with his wimpy reaction.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:09 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Obileye was silly to raise his hands & cuff the lad round the head. Gave the ref a decision to make & in the modern game you simply cannot raise your hands to an opponent no matter how lightly you “swing your handbag”.

As far as us getting a pen earlier for Hart clashing with Obileye… never going to happen, Schumacher on the French lad was a million times worse & proves that keepers need to bludgeon, knife, shoot, bury & dance on the grave singing hallelujah before they are penalised.

Aside from that I didn’t think there was that much in the incident when I saw it… perhaps Ayo should have squealed like a stuck pig & fell to the ground holding his head?

As i said already, Zlamal slapped Halkett in the face and we got a pen, against Accies we didn't even foul their player when our keeper came for the ball but they got a pen.
    Utd's keeper got penalised for a pen last week too,
    The Swiss came out to punch the ball clear and was deemed to have fouled Watt
    So it does happen, but you're right, not against Celtic at Parkheid with Bobby Madden in charge.

Looking at the stats on the bbc, what an impressive defensive display that was from the Livi players, 10 fouls, the same as Celtic, and they had 85% possession, incredible discipline to keep the foul count down so low. And until Ayo's brain fart moment we hadn't had a booking either.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:54 am

Anyone else that was listening to Open All Mics at the weekend and soiled themselves when it was initially reported that Max was sent off will agree that we really need to recruitment a new sub goalie asap Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:56 am

Could maybe recall Brian Schwake, he's having a good season at Edin City, or get an emergency loan keeper in. We'll end up getting Ross Stewart back on loan from Hearts. Shocked lol!

Or even McCrorie as an emergency loan, not my fave keeper but had a couple of good performances for Sevco against Celtic and a European game. Hopefully nothing will happen to Stryjek though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:47 am