The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Auld Nick
livikev
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v Sevco

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Sevco Empty Livi v Sevco

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:47 pm

Home game, its been a while.

Fancy us getting something here, esp with Sevco having a European game on Thurs night, best time to get them. Hibs gubbed them in the Semi's of the cup too, cracks appearing with Gerrard jumping ship?

5 games undefeated now, lets take all 3 pts here, we can do this. bounce cheers
    livikev
    livikev

Livi v Sevco Empty Re: Livi v Sevco

Post by livikev Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Going with a draw
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:48 pm

I’d happily take a draw but we might not have a better chance of beating them, as LF says they were well beaten by Hubs & they have a Thursday night game (pity it’s not away from home though); the upside for them is the desire to impress GvB but if we can match our performance level when we play Celtic we will be in with a shout.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:50 am

Let's park the bus, rough them up and get Rangers Twitter in a meltdown with our anti-football, plastic pitch, no fans, tin pot club, Franchise FC lol! will we look happy? Laughing

Liviforever likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 am

Shame Obelys missing but hopefully the defence will be up for this.Not going to predict a win,but the longer it remains goaless we can hit them and possibly take something from this.Weve done it before and can do it again if the players believe.Il be there to cheer them on with the feeling of nothing to lose and so much to gain..Go for it Livi.👊🦁🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:08 am

Not seeing anything saying this game is in doubt, so hopefully it is going ahead.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Horrible day for football,absolutely baltic.The game itself ,we were ok for 75 mins until we took Bruce off,don't know why.Felt our attacking prowess left with him unfortunately. Shinnie was anonymous when he replaced Anderson.Good to see Kabia back though, hel get better. Would have been interesting had Macgregor not pulled of that worldly to make it 2 2.The nonsense from from the Sevco fans was just embarrassing at the start of the second half.Oh well good to be back home for a heat and put this behind us and move on.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:14 pm

I thought we shot ourselves in the foot defensively at all 3 goals, nobody picked up Arfield’s run for the opener, we were all too far to our left for the second & Sakala should not have outjumped Max for the third. Arfield & Aribo both finished well.

At 1-0 we had a few chances & caused them problems. At 2-0 I feared a drubbing but we dug in & got back into it & Forrest could have equalised but for good reactions from McGregor. At 2-1 we were very much in it but the late 3rd killed us off but flattered them.

I thought Devlin came on to a very good game & between him & McMillan kept Kent in check (despite some guy on Radio Scotland suggesting he was superb, he wasn’t).

I don’t think our substitutions helped us any.

Finally, the ref was appalling (no surprise there). Devlin got booked for his first foul, which wasn’t particularly bad. Forrest got booked for NOT fouling Kent. Kent avoided seeing yellow despite multiple fouls including one on Forrest that was worse than Devlin’s foul & worse than what Forrest got booked for. Goldson had Anderson folded in half & held while he “won” the header & we got nothing.
    italion

Post by italion Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I thought we shot ourselves in the foot defensively at all 3 goals, nobody picked up Arfield’s run for the opener, we were all too far to our left for the second & Sakala should not have outjumped Max for the third. Arfield & Aribo both finished well.

At 1-0 we had a few chances & caused them problems. At 2-0 I feared a drubbing but we dug in & got back into it & Forrest could have equalised but for good reactions from McGregor. At 2-1 we were very much in it but the late 3rd killed us off but flattered them.

I thought Devlin came on to a very good game & between him & McMillan kept Kent in check (despite some guy on Radio Scotland suggesting he was superb, he wasn’t).

You must have been at a different game from me. Kent and Haggi ran riot. Devlin was never on top of Kent. He had to much space when he got the ball.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I thought we shot ourselves in the foot defensively at all 3 goals, nobody picked up Arfield’s run for the opener, we were all too far to our left for the second & Sakala should not have outjumped Max for the third. Arfield & Aribo both finished well.

I don’t think our substitutions helped us any.

Finally, the ref was appalling (no surprise there). Devlin got booked for his first foul, which wasn’t particularly bad. Forrest got booked for NOT fouling Kent. Kent avoided seeing yellow despite multiple fouls including one on Forrest that was worse than Devlin’s foul & worse than what Forrest got booked for. Goldson had Anderson folded in half & held while he “won” the header & we got nothing.

Yeah agree with most of this, up to the Kent part. Kent had too much space but he was making good direct runs through us and always looked dangerous when on the ball.

italion wrote:

You must have been at a different game from me. Kent and Haggi ran riot. Devlin was never on top of Kent. He had to much space when he got the ball.

Yep, think we gave up marking him to defend narrower, but Kent was also able to cut inside to cause us problems.

In the end we were comfortably beaten, much by our own downfall giving away cheap goals, but we at least made it interesting when we scored, and kept ourselves in the game till they got their 3rd goal.

Also agree with Troy, Anderson going off took away any chance we had of getting a 2nd goal, Shinnie just isn't a striker, despite him doing really well in that one game against Celtic playing up front.

Thought Montano did well too, getting us on the front foot pushing forward, and Bailey looked good but tired later on before being subbed.

First half we competed well but shot ourselves in the foot with the goals we lost. Clinical finishing for their goals though, and some good keeping from both goal keepers.

Ref was just a joke, Goldson, Kent and Tavernier all should've had yellows, but were just warned , or in Goldson's case, just let off even having blatant fouls given against him.

Scotland's shame again with the snowballs and flares at HT, and stopping the game from being started after the break, sheer stupidity, but the media and tv stations will prob gloss over it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:49 pm

Both of you clearly missed the number of times Devlin & McMillan stopped Kent then. He was given far too much space early on & at 2-0 I thought it would be a rout, but we started shoring up our right hand side & began to keep him quiet, so much so that I wasn’t bothered when the ball came to him because if McMillan didn’t stop him Devlin did.

2-0 flattered them because for all their possession they had scored with their only two shots of the half, both good finishes but both poor defensively. At 1-0 we had them rattled with a bit of pressure but then they got the second. Thereafter we got into the game, pulled 1 back & should really have equalised.

Second half they got a few more shots on target but we still had a bit of a flurry with a couple of threatening attacks that unfortunately broke down before we could get a shot away. Then the subs were made & we lost much of our attacking impetus. The third goal was just a badly defended corner.

I’m not saying we should have won but it would have been very interesting if Forrest had equalised.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:02 pm

He kept switching wings, and was taking 2 and 3 players on at a time, but i did notice he got caught on the ball too long a few times. Still a dangerous player for them and gives opposition defenders a torrid time. He got far too much space earlier though, as i think we played narrow to defend inside our box, but got cut open for their 2nd goal, with an excellent finish too.

Forrest has been great for us the last couple of games too, unlucky not to score against St Mirren last game, and twice today, but his efforts have still resulted in us scoring twice, with Devlin and Anderson following up to score. Some save by McGregor to keep Forrest out just before the break, now that would've been interesting going in 2-2 after being 2-0 down. Agree 3-1 flattered them.

Hopefully Forrest starts against Aberdeen too, him, Bailey and Anderson look like getting us plenty of goals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:31 am

Some editing on Sportscene, glossing over the fiasco at HT with the 2nd half having to be delayed for 10 mins as our players were being hit with snowballs, and the pitch had to be cleared. Apparently Sportscene thought the Rangurs fans were just having a wee bit of fun with Max Stryjek, pelting him with dozens of snowballs. The wee scamps, what are they like.

Yet again setting off the fire alarm with flares, got no mention at all, could be wrong (not really) but flares are not allowed into grounds, doubt there will be any comebacks on Sevco for that though, prob blame Livi for letting them in with flares, and leaving snow lying around for them to make snowballs with, then Max encouraging them to throw snowballs at him..
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:39 am

Liviforever wrote:Some editing on Sportscene, glossing over the fiasco at HT with the 2nd half having to be delayed for 10 mins as our players were being hit with snowballs, and the pitch had to be cleared. Apparently Sportscene thought the Rangurs fans were just having a wee bit of fun with Max Stryjek, pelting him with dozens of snowballs. The wee scamps, what are they like.

Yet again setting off the fire alarm with flares, got no mention at all, could be wrong (not really) but flares are not allowed into grounds, doubt there will be any comebacks on Sevco for that though, prob blame Livi for letting them in with flares, and leaving snow lying around for them to make snowballs with, then Max encouraging them to throw snowballs at him..

And I wonder what happened to all seater stadia. Ignoring the seating instructions is so widespread now it doesn't even get a mention. It's the reason I stopped going to Hampden years ago. I am not fit enough to stand in one place for 90 minutes and in any case I find it difficult to see behind six feet men. No one was sitting yesterday in all three Rangers stands and, being massively outnumbered, there was nothing the stewards could do about it. The SFA, on the other hand, could enforce it very quickly by saying that a game will not start until every fan is seated and that the players will leave the pitch if fans stand up during the game. It wouldn't take too long for the penny to drop even with the most Neanderthal of fans.

Rant over.

As usual the ref yesterday was influenced by the noisy Rangers support. Every 50/50 decision went their way. All a Rangers player had to do was fall over and they were given a foul and by how they used that one. We were getting fouled useless and getting very little. At one point in the first half Anderson was pulled round 180 degrees and it was play on. I thought I had imagined it till I played the game back later and saw it again.
    They are all the same. Rolling Eyes

Glad we've got both halves of the OF out of the way. We can get on now with playing the rest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:07 am