The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Hibs

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hibs Empty Livi v Hibs

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:24 pm

Wonder how we'll line up for this, same again except Anderson for Shinnie would do me, or also having Obileye back in and dropping Parkes to the bench too. Don't know if Bailey was being rested, or has an injury, hopefully he'll be in the squad.

The midfield of McMillan and Omeonga were superb, McMillan is the ultimate utility player, i wonder if he's as good playing as a striker?Suspect

Really could do with all 3 pts here, but even a draw would be good, just to get something on the board to start another wee unbeaten run. Same performance as the Hearts first half would be great, only scoring a goal or two before HT. Mon the Lions, lets do this.bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Hibs Empty Re: Livi v Hibs

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Had we played them when we were supposed to I’d have been confident of getting something from this game, now not so much
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:27 am

I'm already anticipating Davies Post match interview with an uneasy dread.He understandably looks worn out.Were in a precarious position despite some promising play from us,which is so frustrating.We know Hibs are better than their league position suggests and will be up for this.Got to get Sunday out of our system and take any chances that fall to us.Its not critical just yet but we have to start putting points on the board,especially at home.Id bite your hand of for a point here in what is going to be a baltic evening down there.Il be there and hopefully the lads can give it a real go.Cmon Livi,you can do it.👍🦁👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Had we played them when we were supposed to I’d have been confident of getting something from this game, now not so much

Aye we were on a good bit of form and they were in a slump, could go either way now. Bit more optimistic after the Hearts performance, but we're so up and down this season you just don't know what we'll get from one game to the next. Aberdeen game was horrific, Hearts first half was sublime, County game was also really poor but we were as clinical as feck with our chances and won it with a brilliant injury time goal from big Parkes. What will we get tonight?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:28 pm

Didn’t think we played as well as our first half performance on Sunday but we were more measured & consistent throughout the 90 mins. Thoroughly deserved the win but we should have taken some of the other chances we had. Always felt Hibs could get a goal or another pen in the second half, especially when they brought on Doidge & Allan to partner Boyle in the synchronised diving team.

Really dislike the mentality of many Hibs fans, leaving early in a 1-0 game just because you go down to 10 men is ridiculous, what’s more they probably created better chances for themselves in the last 10 mins even though they were short handed. I though Nisbet was going to equalise at the end but thankfully it went over the top.

Didn’t get a clear view of the pen incident but it clearly incensed Max. Boyle’s effort from the spot was gloriously bad.

Omeonga was immense. McMillan proving to be a decent midfielder & finished a good move well for the goal.
    Good to see Pittman get some time on the park in the second half. Forrest had some great runs but his final ball was lacking tonight.

Not sure if Parkes took a knock in the first half to be subbed at HT or if his couple of stray balls just meant he wasn’t to be trusted in the second half.

Ref was probably the best I’ve seen all season.

All in all an excellent win.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:30 am

Yeh,well said L/F.Unexpected from me,but was terrific to see the old Livi surface last night. Grit determination passion,so many superlatives i could go on.Shame on Sportscene for no highlights,but at least I saw it for myself.Omeonga and Forrest literally ran themselves into the ground,and was pleasing to see Pitts make a return.Boyles pen miss was justice done after such a blatant dive,really embarrassing from him and I wish refs would get wise to him.Hibs were simply not at the races and the two red cards were absolutely merited. All in all a night when Livi thoughrally deserved the 3 points and warmed me up ever so sightly on a bitter night.Onto Tannadice with the same again if they can.Trulely magnificent 👊👏🦁👍.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:31 am

Every player must have been absolutely knackered last night, because they all busted their nuts for 90 minutes. If only we could play like that every week Rolling Eyes a great result but, for me, it just papers over the cracks. Still caressing that panic button!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:30 am

What a signing Omeonga has been, he's like Pittman and Keaghan rolled into one, all over the pitch putting tackles in and winning the ball back. They couldn't live with Forrest making constant runs, just needed to score a goal to polish his excellent performance off.

Aye Boyle is one cheating, diving turd, justice was done with his penalty going blazing over the bar. Jack Ross has been sacked too, so the 'you're getting sacked in the morning' chants came true, hopefully that gives them a new manager bounce for their next 2 games, against St Mirren & Dundee.

Great shift and deserved win by the players, lets do the same again on Sat to Utd now, they're starting to flounder too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:07 am

My team made me very happy last night. The most pleasing thing from these last two games is seeing the Livi team from the past few seasons back. Pressing and fighting for every ball has been our hallmark since the Championship season. The elite teams don't like it so they mistakenly label us physical. And of course as we see every week the refs buy into that.
    I'm so pleased for the team that we got the points this time. Hopefully it will spur them on to repeat the last two performances. However three big games in 6 days will be a big ask. Could have been doing with an extra day for recovery but will just have to get on with it.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:08 am

Liviforever wrote:What a signing Omeonga has been, he's like Pittman and Keaghan rolled into one, all over the pitch putting tackles in and winning the ball back. They couldn't live with Forrest making constant runs, just needed to score a goal to polish his excellent performance off.

Aye Boyle is one cheating, diving turd, justice was done with his penalty going blazing over the bar. Jack Ross has been sacked too, so the 'you're getting sacked in the morning' chants came true, hopefully that gives them a new manager bounce for their next 2 games, against St Mirren & Dundee.

Great shift and deserved win by the players, lets do the same again on Sat to Utd now, they're starting to flounder too.

If Omeonga could just do that on the regs, we'd have some seriously hot property on our hands. Hate to say it, but I fear we just raised our game against a 'big team' last night. Playing like that against Ross County, Dundee etc, we would devastate them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:56 am

ol1vercloff wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:What a signing Omeonga has been, he's like Pittman and Keaghan rolled into one, all over the pitch putting tackles in and winning the ball back. They couldn't live with Forrest making constant runs, just needed to score a goal to polish his excellent performance off.

If Omeonga could just do that on the regs, we'd have some seriously hot property on our hands.  Hate to say it, but I fear we just raised our game against a 'big team' last night.  Playing like that against Ross County, Dundee etc, we would devastate them.

You're worse than Bertie. Laughing
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:36 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    ol1vercloff wrote:

If Omeonga could just do that on the regs, we'd have some seriously hot property on our hands.  Hate to say it, but I fear we just raised our game against a 'big team' last night.  Playing like that against Ross County, Dundee etc, we would devastate them.

You're worse than Bertie. Laughing

I'm the eternal Livi pessimist, waiting for us to decline back into League 2 at some point Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:56 am