The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
livikev
Troy
6 posters

Livi v The Arabs.

Troy

Livi v The Arabs. Empty Livi v The Arabs.

Post by Troy Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:24 pm

Nea thread ,ach well here we go.Another tough one up at Tannadice. Hopefully the lads aren't knackered after the other night.If they could replicate that effort weve a genuine chance up there methinks.Havent a clue what the starting 11 will be but once again Davie will have a game plan in mind.Horses for courses comes to mind.The rotation of the squad will continue im sure,although at least 6 are certain starter's just don't ask me what 6.Im off to hospitality at the Falkirk Stadium v Cove Rangers as a guest at my bosses retirement do.But rest assured one eye will be on my flashscores to see how the Lions are doing.I wish them all the luck in the world and will rely on you guys for your surmises. 👍🦁🍻.
    livikev
    livikev

Livi v The Arabs. Empty Re: Livi v The Arabs.

Post by livikev Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:51 am

Last game at Spaghettihad , we were unlucky. I think if we had managed to keep 11 men on the park we would have won.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:15 am

United seem to have fallen off in recent weeks, hopefully that continues & we can emulate the play off performance & result up there. When we won up there that day I was just beginning to think we could go up… great memories of a tremendous season.

The team is substantially changed though but so is theirs. If we can be Harkes quiet we will be in with a shout.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:10 pm

I think Butcher (apt name for the big thug) is banned for this game, after getting a retrospective red card against Celtic, so that helps us a bit. This is the game Martindale was thinking about when complaining about the Hibs midweek rearranged game, and us having 3 games in a week, players will have to push themselves to keep up the same intensity they showed against Hearts & Hibs, Omeonga in particular, the shifts he put in. McMillan too if he's fit, heard Pitts hasn't trained much before playing on Wed there, so not sure he'd last a full game today.

Anyways, feeling optimistic for all 3pts today, we can do this, mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Yaaaassss!!!

Excellent win & a nice wee cushion again between us and trouble. If we can capitalise on that by beating County next week then it will make for a good Christmas.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:19 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Yaaaassss!!!

Excellent win & a nice wee cushion again between us and trouble. If we can capitalise on that by beating County next week then it will make for a good Christmas.

Agree cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Shinnie the game changer coming on for Anderson, still stick by what i said about him not being a false 9 etc, but wont cut my nose off to spite my face not giving him deserved plaudits today, cool penalty by Obileye too.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:51 am

Obviously wasn't at the game yesterday, but just saw the highlights. Looked a pretty even game.Rush of blood to the head saw the United boy make a rash challenge. Penalty all day long.And good to see big Obiley put it away with ease,and good to see Livi see the the game out and earning the 3 points in a tough fixture.So onto next week back home,can't wait.👏🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:28 pm

Should've been 2-0 too, Obileye was in line with their player when we took the free kick, lino obv looked across when he was a yard behind their defence and sticking the ball in the net.

Courts saying Fuchs was shoulder to shoulder with Shinnie making that tackle is a case of tinted tangerine specs, he came running in across him with his back into Shinnie, blocking him off, even from where Courts was standing he couldn't mistake that for shoulder to shoulder. Boy's clearly at it, feeling the pressure of a bad run of results. Laughing

All the nonsense about coming off on the wrong end of a lot of 'coming togethers', which is code for fouling us when anyone makes that statement. The Montano one was a clear foul by them, holding onto Montano's arm hauling him down, trying to con the ref into giving them a penalty, by making it look like Montano had fallen onto him, tripping him up.

Anyway, good to see the ref actually getting decisions right (except the Obileye disallowed goal) for a change, we've had more than our fair share of bad decisions going against us recently.

Huge difference it makes winning back to back games, momentum and confidence is with us again, the Ross County game will be massive too, they've got lightening quick wingers in Charles-Cook and Hungbo, going to be a really tough game.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:36 am

In the space of 4 days we saw two players sent off for the opposition, we got a penalty at last and were kind of responsible for a manager getting sacked.
    Of course we also got 6 points. 😊 Happy days.
    Re Saturday v Ross County I hope Hungbo and Charles Cook have off days. They tore us to pieces up at Dingwall.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:01 am

A great result, ground out. I'm sure that'll be a valuable few points come the end of the season. Although, if Ayo was to miss that penalty, he should have been rightly banned from taking any future penalties with that technique Evil or Very Mad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 am

ol1vercloff wrote:A great result, ground out.  I'm sure that'll be a valuable few points come the end of the season.  Although, if Ayo was to miss that penalty, he should have been rightly banned from taking any future penalties with that technique Evil or Very Mad

Never misses them.

QoTS fans said that too, always scores pens but gives you palpitations the way he takes them. Cool as feck though, makes the keeper commit themselves and sticks it the other way. Siegrist wasn't pleased at all, he made a right fool of him. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:04 pm

orco wrote:In the space of 4 days we saw two players sent off for the opposition, we got a penalty at last and were kind of responsible for a manager getting sacked.
    Of course we also got 6 points. 😊 Happy days.
    Re Saturday v Ross County I hope Hungbo and Charles Cook have off days. They tore us to pieces up at Dingwall.

Aye and there was still a few ref decisions that went against us, the Hibs 2nd yellow and red card should've happened sooner with that challenge/assault on Shinnie, and Boyle should've been booked instead of awarded a pen, some amount of pushing with both hands on our players backs in that game too, being allowed to go unpunished.

The Hearts game had a few too, with Anderson being given offside when he wasn't, and same again with Obileye's goal getting disallowed against Utd. Thankfully it didn't effect the results in the Hibs & Utd games.

Looked like Montano pulled up with a hamstring injury in the Utd game, hopefully it isn't a tear, and he'll recover in a week or two, otherwise he could be out for months.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:13 pm

From what I saw on Sportscene Ayo was just offside so I’m not sure what you have seen to suggest otherwise LF?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Auld Nick wrote:From what I saw on Sportscene Ayo was just offside so I’m not sure what you have seen to suggest otherwise LF?

I saw he was in line with the last defender.

Sportscene commentary team said they couldn't tell from their angle, it was that tight, which makes me wonder if the lino could either, or if he glanced along after the ball was kicked and saw Obileye running through on goal and just gave offside. Always thought in tight decisions they gave the attacking player the benefit of the doubt though.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:From what I saw on Sportscene Ayo was just offside so I’m not sure what you have seen to suggest otherwise LF?

I saw he was in line with the last defender.

Sportscene commentary team said they couldn't tell from their angle, it was that tight, which makes me wonder if the lino could either, or if he glanced along after the ball was kicked and saw Obileye running through on goal and just gave offside. Always thought in tight decisions they gave the attacking player the benefit of the doubt though.

I think there may have been a clause added - only if they don't play for Livi. Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:57 am