The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Dundee Utd

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dundee Utd Empty Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:18 pm

Lets do the Dundee double with another 4-0 win, so we can sing are you Dundee in disguise. Very Happy

However Utd will be a lot better defensively so doubt we'll get more than 2 goals against them, just need to make sure we cut out the defensive blunders late on in games and see this one out. Watt always gave us a torrid time when he was with Motherwell, but we've got our own players that will do that to Utd too, Forrest and Nouble, so still quite confident we can win this, 2-1 Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dundee Utd Empty Re: Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:23 pm

Tam Courts timely interest in signing Forrest on a PCA, wonder if Celtic will do this before we play them on Sunday.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:41 pm

Tempted to give the same rubbish prediction as last week. Livi v Dundee Utd 1f604
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:57 am

I can resist anything except temptation…. United have steadied the ship after a spell of freefall & that makes them potentially dangerous, I expect them to sit in & hit on the break & that makes them potentially more dangerous. It is so tight in 4th to 10th that any slip is now potentially fatal to top 6 aspirations and with Celtic up next (yes I know our record on plastic against them is excellent but they will win at our place eventually) we could do with taking all 3 points.

I expect us to get sucker punched but hope for better things.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:07 am

Yeh,this is going to be a helluva lot tougher than Saturday. Tam Courts is starting to get United rolling.We on the other hand are in a good place and have a genuine chance of upsetting the applecart once again.Hopefully put this Forrest nonsense behind us and that he plays a blinder.Were at home and in that hense I'm going for a narrow win.Putting my neck on the line here,but really hope we have a go at them.Of course well need to keep Sparky and Watt quiet,so clean sheet required.The lads should be boyed after Saturday and what a chance to push on.Any il be there cheering the lads on.Mon the Lions. 🦁👊👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:28 am

Our away record is better than our home one, putting to bed any pish about us having a huge advantage on our plastic pitch. However i don't think our form is much different, we've played well in home games, but for some reason haven't put teams to the sword when we've been comfortably on top, then conceded poorly defended late goals, usually from a high ball/cross into our box.

Noticed a big difference in attacking play against Dundee though, after DM's post match St Mirren interview, saying he wasn't happy with our front players not taking opportunities to score goals. Our main problem in that area has been not having players getting into the box, when we had 3 or 4 playing the ball about on the wing waiting to get the ball in, but then trying to take it into the box instead of crossing it in (as nobody was making runs into the box anyway). Anderson is now getting himself in there, and so was Pittman.
    It's pleasing in particular to see Pitts playing a more attacking role, he's excellent at scoring those type of goals, getting on the end of balls across the 6 yard box, as is Anderson, so if we continue playing like this we'll score a lot more goals than we have been doing up to the Dundee game. Having Nouble, Devlin and Forrest on the wings gives us 3 players that are excellent at hitting the bye line to play balls into the box too, it really is all coming together for us in the run in to the season.

This Livi team could finally be delivering DM's promise of exciting attacking football.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Terrific win. Good chance to score in the first minute and then we go behind to sloppy defending.
    United then began time wasting, which was very odd as they looked quick when they did attack.
    We finally got a grip of the game and scored a belter of an equaliser. Great play by Bruce turning the defender (Mulgrew I think) inside out before firing it to Pittman who controlled it superbly & finished it even more brilliantly.

Decent game second half but not helped by the ref who seemed to see mainly fouls by us that the equivalent or worse by United players went unpunished. Good play down the right & Devlin forces the og. Then see the game out. And other results were largely good for us.

I thought Penrice was outstanding tonight, my MotM. Pittman may have played better at Dens but played his best game at home for ages. Holt was very good. Omeonga has played better but had some decent spells. Devlin & Fitz were decent Forrest had his moments but lacked a killer pass or shot. Anderson worked hard as usual, brilliant assist. Nouble was more than a handful (definitely a candidate for the MotM that he got but I’d have given it to Penrice). Obileye was a bit of a bomb scare tonight but got away with it. Max had no chance with the goal but was largely untroubled.

Still unnecessary risks being taken with the faffing about at the back though.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:08 am

Yeah the faffing about at the back is heart stopping stuff at times, really frustrating the amount of times we play it back the way without even a thought of looking up to play it forwards.

A couple of players not been at their best recently, Obileye, Omeonga, but the others are doing more than enough to make up for it, hopefully those two will get back on their game (going to need them to be against Celtic).

Pitts playing his old role as an attacking midfielder is paying off dividends, looking back to being the old Pittman we know and love, getting himself in on the goals. Anderson is lively and setting up assists as well as scoring, Nouble just superb, gets fouled all game and hardly gets a thing from the refs, but still manages to deliver great balls into the box, or onto runners, good flick ons too. Think Forrest is trying a bit too hard now, plenty effort from him but feels a bit forced instead of just letting it fly when shooting, still playing well though.

Feels great going up to 4th place, also feel we should be up there with a decent cushion the amount of games we've managed to drop points from winning positions, but not going to dwell on negatives, we're there now and no reason we can't keep this run of form going and first and foremost get into the top 6 for the split, then 4th place for a European place (feck 5th place).
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:56 am

You guys have basically covered what I was thinking,agree with it all especially the points about Omeonga and Obiley.Also I reckon that's the best I've seen Penrice play in a Livi top thus far,despite Joel getting MOTM,Penners ran him close imo.I too felt it was going to be one of those nights with the amount of chances we missed but thankfully United were indeed tepid which was pleasing.Great to see the reaction at the end.Would have been criminal had we not won that.Been a long time since we've been in this position, but it feels wonderfull. Massive kudos to Davie and the lads.👏🦁👍.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:56 am

Who else was expecting Soto to be subbed off last night?  Livi v Dundee Utd 1f648  Livi v Dundee Utd 1f602

Pleased with Devlin's recovery during the game.  He started quite poorly, but came good in the end.  Love his passion at full-time!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:09 am

ol1vercloff wrote:Who else was expecting Soto to be subbed off last night?  Livi v Dundee Utd 1f648  Livi v Dundee Utd 1f602

Pleased with Devlin's recovery during the game.  He started quite poorly, but came good in the end.  Love his passion at full-time!
    Laughing

Aye when the double substitutions were coming on i thought Sotto was coming off. Kept giving the ball away and nearly headed an assist to them from the halfway line back towards our box.

Did a full circle twirl and ended with the ball at his feet in amongst 3 Utd players, not sure he meant it and was as surprised as everyone else when he saw the ball at his feet. lol!

Did put pressure on Edwards for the og from Devlin's cross right enough, and didn't look as bad after being on 10 mins, hopefully he settles down a bit next time he gets a game.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:49 pm

I wonder how a Chukwuemeka-Soto strike force would look Livi v Dundee Utd 1f602
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:47 pm

TBF Soto did show some nice touches on his first appearance but kept trying them instead of going simple. This time he just looked off the pace.

In answer to the question… yeah I briefly thought he was being hooked back off as we prepped the double sub. That would have been some record though 3 players given no time at all as subs being subbed.

And yes LF you are totally correct, it was his presence that meant Edwards attempted to block Devlin’s cross resulting in the og winner. So he would appear to have a sense of where to go when we get into the box.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:26 am