The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Midden v Livi.

Troy

St Midden v Livi. Empty St Midden v Livi.

Post by Troy Tue May 10, 2022 7:55 pm

Would be good to stay unbeaten till the end of the season.Hard to get enthusiastic for this.The main work has been done and only pride and placings to play for.Would love this line up just one last time before seasons end.Stryjek
    Devlin Obiley Fitswalter Mcmillen Omeonga Holt Pittman.Baily Nouble and Anderson.With Cameos from Forrest Soto Chucky and Sibbs.Wont happen of course but worth a shout.Il go 2 1 Livi though wouldnt put my house on it.Mon the Lions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Midden v Livi. Empty Re: St Midden v Livi.

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 9:08 pm

Wouldn't be averse to another 1-1 draw and a win against Dundee in our final game to stay 7th, currently 1-1 between Hibs and Dundee.   However if we win this and the Hibs score remains the same, we'd have secured 7th place with a game to go, and could put out fringe players against Dundee if we wanted, Gary Maley in goals. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 9:41 pm

Ooft Hibs lost 3-1 to Dundee, great for us, means we're still 3 pts above Hibs with a better GD, playing this game to put 7th place to bed with a draw. And Dundee still in it means we could officially relegate them in our final home game, and get a big pay day from them bringing a big support through.

Just need Aberdeen to hump St Johnstone tomorrow and us to win our game for everything to come together.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue May 10, 2022 9:49 pm

And there's me thinking what a meh end to the season.🤣🤣🤣.In our hands for it all to fall into place.Mon the Lions 👊🦁⬆.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 10, 2022 11:28 pm

Going to this just cos it’s only a tenner. Would love a win but they seem to have regrouped again so I’d take the draw, but a draw coupled with an Aberdeen win means we would need at least a point on Sunday to guarantee 7th… and another strange quirk is that if we win both our last games we will have the 4th best points tally in the division, I don’t think the 7th placed side has had more points than 4th before.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 11, 2022 12:19 am

Auld Nick wrote:Going to this just cos it’s only a tenner. Would love a win but they seem to have regrouped again so I’d take the draw, but a draw coupled with an Aberdeen win means we would need at least a point on Sunday to guarantee 7th… and another strange quirk is that if we win both our last games we will have the 4th best points tally in the division, I don’t think the 7th placed side has had more points than 4th before.

Yeah points wise for us finishing 7th, a draw between Aberdeen and St Johnstone would be a good thing, and us drawing would mean Aberdeen are out of it, as would St Mirren with their poor GD, and we'd only need a draw against Dundee to see off Hibs, but i really want Dundee to still have a chance going into our game, as it would boost our gate money by a decent amount. I also want us to be the team to officially relegate them, and beat them to make sure we get 7th place too. Basically i want to have my cake and eat it. Laughing  

Course if we just go win our final 2 games it wont matter what Hibs or Aberdeen do. Cool

I'm not going through to it but i'm in two minds whether to watch it on ppv now, after the dirge against St Johnstone i wasn't going to, but i'm starting to swither.
    Suppose i could try avoiding seeing the score and watching the highlights on sportscene tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions. scratch
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed May 11, 2022 10:29 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:Going to this just cos it’s only a tenner. Would love a win but they seem to have regrouped again so I’d take the draw, but a draw coupled with an Aberdeen win means we would need at least a point on Sunday to guarantee 7th… and another strange quirk is that if we win both our last games we will have the 4th best points tally in the division, I don’t think the 7th placed side has had more points than 4th before.

Yeah points wise for us finishing 7th, a draw between Aberdeen and St Johnstone would be a good thing, and us drawing would mean Aberdeen are out of it, as would St Mirren with their poor GD, and we'd only need a draw against Dundee to see off Hibs, but i really want Dundee to still have a chance going into our game, as it would boost our gate money by a decent amount. I also want us to be the team to officially relegate them, and beat them to make sure we get 7th place too. Basically i want to have my cake and eat it. Laughing  

Course if we just go win our final 2 games it wont matter what Hibs or Aberdeen do. Cool

I'm not going through to it but i'm in two minds whether to watch it on ppv now, after the dirge against St Johnstone i wasn't going to, but i'm starting to swither.  
    Suppose i could try avoiding seeing the score and watching the highlights on sportscene tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions. :scratch
    :

Stream it! Only 2 games left before the wilderness begins. I'd be surprised if we don't up our game after the garbage on Saturday. We'll only get minutes on Sportscene and be part of a group summing up of at least two other games. You know you want to. 😋
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 11, 2022 1:10 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Suppose i could try avoiding seeing the score and watching the highlights on sportscene tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions. :scratch
    :

Stream it! Only 2 games left before the wilderness begins. I'd be surprised if we don't up our game after the garbage on Saturday. We'll only get minutes on Sportscene and be part of a group summing up of at least two other games. You know you want to. 😋

You could get a gig doing the verisure alarm ads, "Have you heard, Jim down the road got his house broken into".

"Oh that's terrible".

"Yeah i'm getting a Verisure alarm installed, it'll give me peace of mind".

"Oh yeah i'm thinking of getting one of those too"  

"DO IT!".

Awright hen calm doon. Laughing

That might be a blessing if it's like the St Johnstone game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed May 11, 2022 10:01 pm

Thought we had nicked it at the end with Baileys deflected shot off the bar.Not to be.Never a classic but 7th place secured so well done to the lads.Couple of chances for both teams so I guess a draw was fair overall.Clancy brandishing the cards was a worry but thankfully kept the rest in his pocket.So onto Sunday. No bumper crowd unfortunately but I'll be there to thank them for their combined efforts this season.Bring it on.👏🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 pm

Yep St Mirren have to overturn a 12 goal swing as well as winning their final game and us losing ours against a deflated and relegated Dundee. So we've as good as finished 7th, and level with Motherwell's pts tally in 4th place.

Undefeated in our post match games too, must be a first for us as we're usually rank after the split, lets finish the season off with a win against Doondee.

9th, 5th, 6th and 7th, a pretty fecking great time of it we're having in the top flight, nowhere near any relegation battles in any of those seasons. Long may it continue.cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 12, 2022 12:23 am

0-0… they hit the post twice and we hit the bar, Nouble looked like he should have scored first half.

Draw was fair. It wasn’t as turgid as Saturday but it wasn’t great.

I don’t think Ivan is the answer to who should be 1st choice keeper.

This season we have gotten ourselves safe with two wins & then not won since … so we still don’t win games after securing top flight status. Hoping that monkey is removed from our backs on Sunday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 12, 2022 12:52 am

Auld Nick wrote:0-0… they hit the post twice and we hit the bar, Nouble looked like he should have scored first half.

Draw was fair. It wasn’t as turgid as Saturday but it wasn’t great.

I don’t think Ivan is the answer to who should be 1st choice keeper.

This season we have gotten ourselves safe with two wins & then not won since … so we still don’t win games after securing top flight status. Hoping that monkey is removed from our backs on Sunday.

Not lost them either though, 5 games undefeated now, would be good to finish with a win and making it 6 games undefeated too. Think this is our 2nd highest points tally in the top flight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:46 am