The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dundee Utd v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Dundee Utd v Livi Empty Dundee Utd v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:35 pm

They've a European game on Thurs night before playing us on Sunday, every advantage helps, so hopefully it takes a bit out of them, they also wont have the full week to prep for this game.

Would imagine we'll go back to a front 3 in a 4-3-3, with Anderson centre and either Mullin or Bahamboula on the right, with Nouble left, dropping Kelly and Shinnie to the bench. Though i'm not as confident on who'll be dropped, but i think Holt, Pittman and Omeonga are our best mid 3, but wouldn't surprise me to see Omeonga on the bench and Shinnie starting.

Funnily enough i think Shamal will get a better chance to show us what he can do, wont get as much protection as he did when we were sitting so deep against Sevco, it'll be a more open game. His kicking looks good, so i think Anderson could get a few goals this season from long direct kicks up the pitch, either running onto them or Nouble with flick ons.

Feeling confident we'll get something here, hopefully all 3pts to get us climbing up the table. Mon the Lions, we can do this. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Dundee Utd v Livi Empty Re: Dundee Utd v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:22 pm

Bodes well for us now i'm going to this game, last twice i wasn't bothering to go and my mate decided to go and talk me into it, was our Petrofac cup final game against Alloa up in Perth, and our play off away game against Utd in Dundee, and we won both, here's to making it 3 out of 3 on Sunday. Cool
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:55 pm

Yeah, they won 1-0 tonight and it was a home tie so no tiring journey to be concerned about, I don’t think tonight will have much impact on Sunday… nevertheless, tickets acquired, we’ll be there.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:33 pm

Yeah good win for them, but they had to play a high intensity pressing game, that will have taken a bit out of them, the players and fans are buzzing too, which could bring them down with a big bump playing us, suffering from their high hangover. Wont be as easy for them to continue that and be pumped up for this game.

Good to see their fans saying good comments about Sibbs, looks like he's back to his best with them, we'll also have Tony Watt to deal with, constant thorn in our side when we played Motherwell. Still feeling confident we'll win this though, Nouble and Omeonga are more than enough to cancel out Sibbs and Watt, and Anderson should be starting for us, so expecting goals in the first half for us.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 pm

Tony Watt is clever at going down for fouls. ie he cheats. Rolling Eyes
    They'll certainly give us a harder game than last season. I'd take a draw.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:04 pm

Must admit I was mighty impressed by United the other night.They battled away and got the result they deserved.Not sure if its enough to go through though theve givin themselves a chance to progress. Alkmaar will be a different proposition over there imo.As for tomorrow's game,I can't call it.Had it been at the Vale I'd be confident of getting 3 points against them.Its not and I tend to side with Orco and hope for at least a point to get us on the board.Will be interesting to see our starting lineup and whether Davie will be brave enough to start Bruce up front with big Noubs. We should be able to start with our strongest lineup here.Last week is over and done with,albeit a tremendous effort from the team.Hopefully we can carry that forward to Tannadice in what will undoubtedly be a tough ask.Cmon Livi we can do this.👍🦁👊.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Anderson on the bench again.🤷‍�.Deary me.🙈.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:15 pm

Certainly not a classic,but I guess the result is all that matters.I was actually critical about Montano in the first half as I felt he was very wasteful and couldn't cross a coupon.More than made up for it though in the second with that wonderfull strike tbf.Hope he wasn't badly injured when he was subbed.Thought it was gonna be one of those days with Davie persisting with his usual one man up front routine. Big Noobs put a helluve shift again and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself. Same goes for Pitts.I thought he was going to replicate that night up there in the playoffs.Not to be this time unfortunately. All in all a hard earned 3 points but more than welcome at this early stage.Signs are reasonably promising.Well done lads.👏🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:30 pm

Aye we were 6 games in before our first win last season so nice to see us getting the 3pts so quickly this season.

Very frustrating seeing us set up so defensively against a team outside the erse cheeks, it worked to a point, as we dominated midfield and limited them getting near our goal, but we were so blunt ourselves in the final third. Couldn't see where our goal was going to come from, but Nouble got the best move of the game going and it got recycled to Montano who finished it brilliantly, cracking goal. Pittman should've made it 2 with as Troy said, a similar chance to the one he scored in our play off game up there, and we saw the game out quite comfortably.

I'd still rather we had Anderson on too, and went for the jugular, Utd looked very shaky in defence, i think had we pressed them we'd have forced mistakes and scored a few goals. Liking the look of Brandon though, he injected some energy and pressed them a bit when he came on, which helped us see out the game. Like i said though, frustrating seeing Anderson and Mullin, or even Bahamboula not getting a game. Got a feeling we'll be sticking with big Joel up front as a target man to punt long balls to for a while now, and Anderson, our top goal scorer last season, is going to get limited game time.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:35 pm

I hope I'm wrong, but get the feeling that Bruce won't hang around to be a bench warmer.Hes our No 1 striker and the sooner this transfer window is closed the better.We definitely can not afford to lose him.Somethings not right imo.🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:53 pm

Good win. Excellent save by Shamal from Watt just after we went ahead but Watt really should have scored that. Shamal also limp-wristed a corner away but got away with it as someone else completed the clearance. Wee Cudjoe looks some prospect for them, gave us a lot more to think about in the second half, although I also thought Jacko stood up well to him when he replaced Montano.

I didn’t think Noobs was as effective this week as he was last week but he did superbly to force the save that led to Devs stealing the ball back & feeding Montano for his wonderfully struck winner.

Defence handled pretty much everything except the move that led to Shamal saving from Watt.
    Midfield - Omeonga back to stealing the ball and harrying but his final ball wasn’t good today, that said it’s not what he’s there to do, he did his primary job well. Pitts should have scored but again did a good job. I thought Holt was our weakest link today but even he had some good moments. Shinnie was decent but a wee bit slow in the transition. Kelly put in a decent shift with brother Liam in the stands watching him. Brandon injected some harrying energy and helped seal the deal. Bitsinpieces didn’t have much time to make an impact but still got a yellow from the dumpling with a whistle.

Ref got conned time & time again by United players falling over whenever there was even minimal contact but rarely gave the same decision when it was our guys being bundled over. Should have booked Cudjoe for diving too but didn’t.

Our officials are so inept I can’t see VAR being anything but a disaster when it comes in.

One final thing; I wasn’t surprised at our set up today as we were away from home & I suspect our default away formation against last season’s top 6 and probably Hibs & Aberdeen will be this. That said I also think we got forward more than we did against the blue butt cheek, because we were winning the ball higher up the pitch. So really not going to complain about it… had we lost the game my mindset would probably be different though.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:14 am

I thought we bullied them the entire game without actually having any kind of cutting edge in front of goal. ( Montano strike apart) But that worked because we restricted their efforts on goal. They did look dangerous the few times they got through and they came close a couple of times as the ball went narrowly wide. If one of those had gone in it would have been a different story. George hasn't really been tested yet. He did get a couple of finger tips to balls that came flying towards him but our defenders have this far offered him decent protection.
    Omeonga was a constant thorn in their side as he kept robbing them of the ball. In fact all of our midfielders contributed in that way. I'd have liked Bruce to get some game time but we won so I won't dwell on that.
    I'm awfie glad that fella Cudjoe was only on for the second half. He was a wee menace. I was hoping he was Scottish but apparently he has played for Ghana under 20's.

All in all a good day. I got public transport (train and bus) up and walked from the city centre to Tannadice. The walk back down was a dawdle but I won't be doing that walk up the hills again in a hurry - especially on a hot day.
    Thoroughly enjoyed my day. 😊
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:40 pm

George made a terrific save from Watt just after we scored as United carved us open. He was also credited with a save from Cudjoe which looked like it went out untouched to me but they got a corner so it must go down as another great save. Where he hasn’t impressed me yet is claiming crosses, he had the chance to do so and flapped it away but luckily someone else cleared it.

In the home game the previous week he made a terrific double save albeit the second one was hit straight at him lying on the ground.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:45 pm

His height came in handy for the header just under the bar, and he was able to just stand there and tip it down into his hands, a shorter keeper may have let that one in.

I like his kicking too, gets plenty height on it when being closed down, not giving the on rushing player a chance to get a block on it. Could be a handy weapon for setting up goals, kicking it up to Nouble. 2nd half the wind was holding the ball up quite a bit though, and balls were barely getting out of our half from Shamal's kicks.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:44 am

Yeah, but he should have learned from his first kick into the wind that it was going to have an impact and gone for a lower trajectory thereafter. Yes, I’m nitpicking but there is room for improvement, that said he’s filling me with more confidence than the other 2 keepers.

He also needs to watch his time wasting cos that is 2 yellows for that already and we’re only 2 games in.
    Thing is we’ve all seen opposition goalies do it and get away with it which adds to the frustration.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:52 am

Aye didn't even think he was that bad against Utd, didn't get any warning from the ref to get a move on either, just a straight card. Against Sevco he was obv winding their fans up behind the goals and wasting time a lot, wasn't the case against Utd. You wonder if he's got a rep for it already with refs after the Sevco game and they're extra vigilant to crack down on him for it, which is ridiculous but wouldn't surprise me with our officials.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 pm