The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Max Off To Wycombe?

orco
    orco

Max Off To Wycombe? Empty Max Off To Wycombe?

Post by orco Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:53 pm

Twitter and Facebook rumours that Max is off. A good goalkeeper on his day with a sprinkling of unfortunate blunders. Will always remember his penalty save at Parkhead that saved a point for us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Max Off To Wycombe? Empty Re: Max Off To Wycombe?

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:46 pm

Aye good luck to him, head wasn't in it with us this season so a good move for both parties. Frees up a wage for us too, maybe see us bringing in that rumoured attacking player now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:57 pm

TBF Martindale was on about bringing in a forward before Hammy went on loan & even more so after. However Max going must surely enhance the chances of it happening.

Hope there is a fee involved too given he was under contract.

And yeah, good luck to him. His errors could be calamitous but on form he was a decent keeper.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:02 pm

Aye he's got a main target and several plan B's as alternatives, so hopefully the freed wage will help secure target A.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Looks like it's plan B signings then, as Martindale saying his main 2 targets are gone now, one of them getting double what we could offer him.

Not that bothered about us signing another striker now if i'm honest (using Martindale speak now Very Happy  ) Nouble turning out to be a goal scoring striker has changed everything from our pre season and cup games desperation to sign one. He'd have to be some player to get a game ahead of Joel and Bruce, and even Bruce isn't getting starts.

We've also got attacking wingers like Bahamboula & Mullin not getting near our team, and Goncalves behind Anderson too, we're pretty well covered for attacking players this season.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:41 pm

Good luck to Max down there,good deal all round.Id disagree however that we're pretty well covered in the striking dept. Gocalves hasn't givin me any reason to shout from the rooftops.Joel is not a centre forward but has played the position well so far.Only Bruce is our recognised No 9 and he must be getting splinters on his arse the amount of time on the bench.The other guys you mentioned haven't seen enough of as yet to be convinced.Sorry for the negativity, but that's how I see it.And we're going for another goalie.Tottally baffling. 🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Yeah, one swallow doesn’t make a summer and 2 goals don’t make someone a prolific goal threat. I’m not saying Noobs won’t score anymore but while 2 goals in 3 games this season makes great reading & is a great start to this campaign, it’s  also only 2 career goals for us in around 20 games. Let’s see where we are after half a dozen games.

Noobs has been outstanding so far but let’s not be counting horses before the chickens have had a drink & laid any eggs… or something not entirely unlike that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:10 am

What i'm saying is why the need for another striker or attacking player when we've got 4 that can't get a game. Nouble is No1, Bruce No2, Goncalves No3, and 2 more attacking players can't get anywhere near the team, so i fail to see the need to bring in another one to sit there getting a wage for just being in the squad.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:44 am

Unless he is better than the players in positions 3 to 5
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:46 am

He'd have to be better than Bruce though, or all he's going to do is the same as Goncalves, and even Bruce is a sub at best just now.

Joel has stolen the show just now, even if he wasn't scoring (Shinnie last season) it's how Martindale wants us set up, big strong guy up front who can get us up the pitch and is a good out ball, but his 2 goals in 3 games has made him a cert to stay there for a good while yet. We all know it takes a while for DM to change formations when he sees one working (Shinnie again from last season even when it only really worked that one game against Celtic).

At best we can hope Anderson somehow gets put in the team beside Nouble, as a 10 or attacking mid like Pittman, but i doubt a 3rd striker is getting a game even than, Shinnie would be the obv choice to drop out for Anderson, and he'd be the one getting back in if Anderson was subbed. So where is another attacking player going, he'd have to be better than Anderson, fat chance of that happening going by the ones we brought in last season, Chuk and Soto.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:37 pm

I see we have signed a new goalkeeper. Jack Hamilton who played with Morton last season.
    Seems this club can function without at least one Jack Hamilton here. 😏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:10 pm

He's even worse than Jack Hamilton number one, can remember him at Dundee and he was horrendous for them. Doubt he'll be anywhere near our first team right enough, thankfully.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:37 pm

A new front player only has to be as good as Bruce/Joel, so that they are interchangeable.

Sounds like he will be looking to capitalise on the late window moves down south that might free up players.

Hammy the keeper has been capped at all levels for Scotland except the full squad. Suggests he is decent enough.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:50 pm

Auld Nick wrote:A new front player only has to be as good as Bruce/Joel, so that they are interchangeable.

Sounds like he will be looking to capitalise on the late window moves down south that might free up players.

Hammy the keeper has been capped at all levels for Scotland except the full squad. Suggests he is decent enough.

Aye shouldn't be difficult finding one then. lol!

Ask a Dundee fan about that. And if he was that good for Morton why didn't they sign him back for another season. Thankfully i can't see him being anywhere near our first team.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:57 am

Apparently he was offered a new deal at Morton. I'll reserve judgement on him till I've seen him play.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:18 am

Yeah, he could be maturing nicely into a decent keeper.

Ask St Mirren fans about Ludo Roy, I’d imagine they would remember him fondly. Us? Not so much.

We also have to bear in mind that our budget prohibits us from signing above a certain level of quality. Noobs & Bruce have been great signings for us but while they both are exciting players who are very good at their respective roles, they aren’t the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, they are also proof that our recruitment team have a good eye for a decent player, so no reason why they can’t unearth another one.

I doubt many of us were clamouring for the club to sign Joel before we actually did & Bruce was not getting a chance at Pittodrie. There must be a fair few decent players in a similar position, it is all about spotting them first.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:45 am