The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Livi v Utd (League Cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Utd (League Cup) Empty Livi v Utd (League Cup)

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Not sure who is available with all our recent red cards, and if they carry on into the cup comp, also read Fitzwater was on a card pts suspension from the group games, though i'd have thought that would be wiped clean for the knock outs, considering some clubs are just joining the cup at this stage, not having played any games to amass bookings. Or if Anderson will make it for this game, hopefully he will.

Whatever our starting line up is, we should be going with a 4-3-3 formation, Utd have conceded 23 goals since losing to us, no way we should be setting up so defensively with just Nouble up front, they are fragile as feck once the concede a goal, lets go our and hammer them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Utd (League Cup) Empty Re: Livi v Utd (League Cup)

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:24 pm

Hopefully we'll have the clearance for Guthrie to play on Wed, want to see a front 3 with Nouble-Guthrie-Mullin/Bahamboula, and get in about this bunch of shitebags.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Definitely want to see a more attacking set up…. To be fair our regular 4-3-2-1 set up at Aberdeen took the game to them until the disastrous penalty changed the game… but I want to see us rip them apart from the kick off
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:35 pm

Yep score an early goal and their arses will collapse, their confidence is already at an all time low, but we'll need to push it through and go for the jugular, and it'll be a comfortable night's work.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:47 pm

After Ross,s departure,puts a new slant on this.Cant call it tbh.Would agree an early goal for us could make it all the more comfortable for us.But the same could be said for them.Once again haven't a clue about the starting 11.Gut feeling tells me we could be in for a long night.Were at home on our pitch,and despite Saturdays debacle have nothing to fear.Hopefully Saturday is out of our system and maybe see Bruce getting a run out,but I won't hold my breath.Mon the Lions.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:37 pm

We started ok but quickly fell apart to be totally inept for most of the first half.
    Looked like George had made a good save but no one reacted to clear it and they go ahead then came the farcical second.

Second half was much better from us but far too slow in getting Guthrie on.

Also, our dead ball delivery is garbage and where is Mullin? On loan to Ayr… another masterstroke.

Thought we’d got out of jail with the equaliser only for the flag to wipe it out.

Over all we got what we deserved for not getting right into them - nothing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:09 am

Yep no wingers and we were awful, bin Mullin and played Omeonga out wide, masterstroke, not. Omeonga was woeful, couldn't hit a pass, worst i've seen him, but i'll put it down to Martindale's formation. Kelly too, ok as a LB/WB, pretty good as a midfielder, but CB, not his best position, which says a lot for Cancar not getting a game.

Again Nouble as a No9 just isn't working, 2 Utd players man marking/handling him and we lumped balls up to him, weren't using width as our WB's and wide mids weren't getting down the wings and passed the ball back the way all the time. I like Montano, but he just isn't looking confident playing as a WB, wont go past his man to try and hit the byeline.

2nd half no changes, great, because it was working so well first half why change anything. *insert sarcastic smiley here*

Finally we bring on Bahamboula, an actual winger, and Nouble was playing wide too, and it had an immediate effect, we were getting in behind them and firing balls across the box causing chaos for Utd. Their keeper looks dodgy as feck but we hardly worked him, was flapping about all over the place dropping balls when we did though. Just a pity our formation was wrong first half and we gifted a 2nd goal, with George thinking about running out his box, realized he was never getting there, stranded in no man's land and turned back, fell on his arse and the Utd player not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, chipped into a gaping empty net.

Only positive was new signing Guthrie coming on and bagging himself a goal, so no doubt he'll be benched against Hearts and Nouble will be back as a No9. Rolling Eyes

Too many square pegs in round holes, playing players out of position, and putting all our attacking eggs in the one basket playing Nouble as a No9, lumping balls up to him, opposition teams have quickly found a way to neutralise him as a threat playing there. Once out wide he was back to his old self, ripping opposition players a new one and getting down the byeling, then into the box, creating havoc.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:39 am

Absolutely gutted by that last night.Wasnt until the second half that we decided to have a go.The subs helped there.For about 3 quarters of the game their defence mopped anything we threw at them.Goncalves and Shinnie were virtually anonymous and Omeonga had his poorest game ive seen from him yet albeit he tried his best.Yeh,Guthrie looked decent on his debut.Really shows how much we're missing Bruce and Fitzwalter was a huge miss for us as well.Pity we can't see a replay of that pen claim near the end,but tbh we would have struggled to get any decisions from that ref.Had we got it I reckon we would have done them in ET.All in all a dissapointing evening confounded by some of the zoomers on other sites calling for Davies head.You could see how frustrated he was with the players who didn't listen to his instructions from the side.Some of the quotes rip my sides.Nuff said.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:08 pm

The minute we lose a few games there's always folk wanting Martindale punted, happened the last 2 seasons too, where we finished 6th and 7th, fans are nutters. Laughing

He frustrates the life out of me with some of his systems, playing Shinnie as a No9 last season, and Nouble as a No9 this, once it became quite obv it wasn't working anymore, and not sticking a man up on the halfway line when we're defending set pieces in our box is a huge bugbear of mine, but ffs, he's done an incredible job at Livi, and kept us comfortably up 4 seasons (even as the assistant manager i think we all know it was Martindale behind the scenes making signings etc).

I'm also peeved at Mullin and Anderson not getting games (when Anderson was fit) and now Mullin going out on loan, all because we're sticking with a system that can't play both of them. It got us 2 wins and a good effort against Sevco, but Nouble is being marked out the game now and needs to get back on the wing where he can do his stuff a lot easier. Still not wanting Martindale punted though, that's just crazy talk.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:43 pm

Agreed.I said a few weeks ago that teams would get wise to our system,and they have to an extent.Andersons injury has been a continuous bummer for us.Hope to god he's back ASAP.The Martindale out brigade should just fech off.Ive said before Davie albeit his set ups recently is going nowhere, he'll decide when that time comes.The subs last night give me cause for optimism in the coming months.Greg Kiltie if the rumours are true would be a welcome addition to the squad. He's been a thorn in many opponents sides and he's experienced.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:17 pm

Stephen Kelly and Greg Kiltie would be impressive signings, making the Josh Mullin loan a lot more palatable too, with us needing to move players out to bring some in.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:22 pm

👍

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 pm