The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Killie

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Killie Empty Livi v Killie

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:27 pm

Yay the game is on, massive game for us after our win against Hearts, 3pts here would take us up to 12 pts, and with Motherwell playing Hearts and St Mirren Celtic, we'd move above at least 2 of those into 5th place. Bit of luck we could even move up to 3rd.

Don't really know what to expect from Killie, but i suspect if we play to our own high standards like we did against Hearts we'll win this, the extra week off will also hopefully see Bruce available as he's had a reserve game and another week's training under his belt. With Bruce, Joel, and Kurtis Guthrie we're in very good shape for options up front, so no doubt we'll start with Esmael Goncalves. Laughing

Looking forward to the game, lets go get those 3pts Livi. bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Killie Empty Re: Livi v Killie

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:56 am

Their league form has been poor but they are doing well in the cup. Hopefully that remains true on Saturday. McInnes always seemed to be able to mug us when at Aberdeen so that’s a worry. It’s all about taking our chances, we need to be more clinical because despite LF’s eternal frontline optimism, we really don’t score many goals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm

We don't score many goals Bertie, HOWEVER Very Happy , Curtis has just started playing in the team and scored 1 in his debut, almost got one against Hearts with an audacious back heeler, and scored 2 (think he got the 2nd with a pen) in a reserve game, he's looking like a great goal scoring signing, AND, Bruce is just coming back into the team and will get goals too. So we aren't so reliant on Joel being the focus of our goals.

Curtis also looks good with his head, and gives us a threat from set pieces, something we've missed since the last Guthrie left.

Also think we'll see more goals now we're starting to stick Joel back out wide, and giving Bahamboula game time on the other wing. Really hoping we start both of them on the wings in this game and have Curtis in the centre of a front 3, i mean if we can't do it at home against Killie when will we ever have a better chance of doing it, they're a bottom 6 looking team, ideal for us to have a go at playing at home.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:31 am

I agree we have potential for goals but until we realise that potential all we have is too many missed chances.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:23 pm

Would be great to start with Joel Kurtis and Bruce starting up front for this one,then Troy woke up.One of the latter two will be on the bench I suspect unfortunately. I've actually got high hopes for this.Been waiting for god knows how long to be playing teams around or below us for a change.Yeh,they play on plastic as we do only we are better id suggest.Lafferty,Diodge could cause problems if we're not on our game,but I expect especially being at home,this is an opportunity we surely can't pass on.Like all games in this division, wont be easy.But I sincerely hope we come out the traps and get tore right in about them.Cmon Livi,do it.👊🦁👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:07 pm

Good 3 points, reasonably good first half but we need to be more clinical; bit flat second half but still created chances that should have been taken.

Ref useless as usual.

What does DM have against wee Bruce?

Nouble & Montaño were excellent again esp first half
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:21 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yay the game is on, massive game for us after our win against Hearts, 3pts here would take us up to 12 pts, and with Motherwell playing Hearts and St Mirren Celtic, we'd move above at least 2 of those into 5th place. Bit of luck we could even move up to 3rd.

Don't really know what to expect from Killie, but i suspect if we play to our own high standards like we did against Hearts we'll win this, the extra week off will also hopefully see Bruce available as he's had a reserve game and another week's training under his belt. With Bruce, Joel, and Kurtis Guthrie we're in very good shape for options up front, so no doubt we'll start with Esmael Goncalves. Laughing

Looking forward to the game, lets go get those 3pts Livi. bounce cheers

Livi v Killie Fredfl10
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:29 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Good 3 points, reasonably good first half but we need to be more clinical; bit flat second half but still created chances that should have been taken.

Ref useless as usual.

What does DM have against wee Bruce?

Nouble & Montaño were excellent again esp first half

Think he's just being really cautious bringing him back due to how many times he's broken down with an ankle injury. Hopefully Guthrie isn't seriously injured too, because Goncalves doesn't fill me with confidence as one of our main strikers. The International break should help us have time to get Guthrie fit for the S Mirren game if it isn't anything too serious though.

Aye fairly solid dominant performance from us, just needed to be a bit more clinical in front of goal to put the game to bed and not have us being nervy of Killie getting an undeserved equaliser. Everything else is looking good for us.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:03 pm

Don't normally post post match but here goes.Overall thoughrally deserved those 3 points.Thought the game changed when Guthrie went off. Couldn't believe that Jamal went down second half with cramp.FFS what did he have to do for those 90 mins.Basicly nothing..Was a game of jest between Martindale and Mcinnes. Despite pressure near the end we held on,and excuse me need to get the hanky out for my nose bleed .3rd in the table for a wee while.Surely I don't have to.renew my passport as yet.As I kinda predicted, a narrow win,but more than.welcome.Well done the Lions.🦁👊👍
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:24 pm

I thought we dominated the first half with only that goal to show for it. Second half we let them into it more until the last 15 minutes or so when Pittman took the game by the scruff of the neck and showed the way once more. We had a couple of near misses and several forey's into the box that Kille managed to clear. We could have been out of sight with the chances we spurned.
    The referee was once again useless. If a couple of Killie players had been booked for wrapping their arms round our players and pulling guys back they would soon have stopped the nonsense yet they got away with it. To rub salt in the wound too he had the cheek to book Pittman for an innocuous foul late on. Surely they can't all be so incompetent. Either that or there is a conspiracy v Livi. I'm tending towards the latter theory.

Great win though. 👏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am

yeah I get the caution with Bruce but if he’s not fit enough to go on the park don’t name him in the squad.

Goalie cramp is a myth. They go down at weird moments to break up the momentum of the opposition. Yesterday, Guthrie was clearly unable to continue but nobody was doing anything about it. The ref is supposed to have a duty of care for the guys playing but apart from the initial treatment did nothing to assist Guthrie and our bench took an age to figure out what to do… George sat down, I thought he was doing a 1 man sit down protest because there was clearly nothing wrong with him. This achieved a couple of things… it stopped Killie from gaining any momentum with Guthrie hirpling about the pitch & gave our bench the opportunity to resolve that situation, which they still took ages to sort as instead of doing it right there and then they waited for the game to restart. Maybe they were arguing amongst themselves who to replace Guthrie with, who knows? But the length of time they took was ridiculous.

Oh…and our dead ball deliveries yesterday were rank awful except the one we scored from.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:29 pm

Auld Nick wrote:yeah I get the caution with Bruce but if he’s not fit enough to go on the park don’t name him in the squad.

Goalie cramp is a myth. They go down at weird moments to break up the momentum of the opposition. Yesterday, Guthrie was clearly unable to continue but nobody was doing anything about it. The ref is supposed to have a duty of care for the guys playing but apart from the initial treatment did nothing to assist Guthrie and our bench took an age to figure out what to do… George sat down, I thought he was doing a 1 man sit down protest because there was clearly nothing wrong with him. This achieved a couple of things… it stopped Killie from gaining any momentum with Guthrie hirpling about the pitch & gave our bench the opportunity to resolve that situation, which they still took ages to sort as instead of doing it right there and then they waited for the game to restart. Maybe they were arguing amongst themselves who to replace Guthrie with, who knows? But the length of time they took was ridiculous.

Oh…and our dead ball deliveries yesterday were rank awful except the one we scored from.

Martindale does that all the time, suppose it gets players who've been out injured more involved with the match day squad and experience, rather than feeling isolated and out of things, also read Callum Carsons take that he reckoned Bruce would've been used for the last 20 mins or so had we needed him, but DM wasn't going to risk him when we were winning, and trusted his players to see the game out without Bruce. Which seems reasonable, with the International break it gives him another 2 weeks to get fitter and more prepared for the St Mirren game.

Yeah i thought that too, that Shamal just went down injured to give us time to get the sub ready for Guthrie coming off. Don't know why they didn't do that after Guthrie was initially injured though, it was obv watching him he wasn't able to keep playing, and not taking him off could've made his injury worse, same as it did with Boyes last season when we risked his well being to get Gary Maley his chance to play in a Premiership game before retiring. And he ended up needing an operation after taking another hit playing on, whether that was why he needed the op i don't know, but it was silly taking the risk when a player was injured. At the very least you are aggravating the injury risking more damage. Anyway smart move by Shamal, and the ref has to stop the game untill the keeper is ok to continue, as you can't play on without a keeper on the pitch.

Really don't know what we do with dead ball practice, whoever is selected to take them (Holt & Kelly) should be practicing like feck to be good at them, hitting ball after ball into different areas, it isn't really anything other than that, practice, practice, practice, and it'll be second nature doing it. The amount of times we can't even get past the first defender is unreal. We had great areas putting in diagonal balls for a Livi player to just get a head on, i'd have been shitting myself if the opposition had as many free kicks from those positions, Sevco would've scored 2 or 3 goals from those positions into our box. The other Kelly looks good at taking set pieces and i was hoping he'd come on 2nd half, because with Montano, Guthrie and Obileye we've good players to attack the ball if we put in decent crosses.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:31 pm

Also thought the ref was decent enough to start with, but then started letting holding and grabbing of Nouble go unpunished, fair enough if he's giving us the advantage, but usually the very fact they've slowed him down grabbing onto him the advantage is gone.

I'd still rather have that type of ref to the card happy clowns we've had in recent games, Bahamboula went in for another wild challenge over by the Killie fans, thankfully he didn't connect with his swinging legs and the Killie player didn't go down play acting like certain Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen players. He needs to be careful with his challenges though, too many players in this league willing to take advantage of those type of tackles, Killie has one in Lafferty too, but he spent most of the game on the bench.

Hibs must be the worst team in the league for it though, i see Porteous was at it yesterday too, grabbing hold of an Aberdeen player pulling him down on top of himself, making it look like the Aberdeen player hauled him down, got a penalty and a 2nd yellow for the Aberdeen player.

Shockeroony, St Mirren beat Celtic 2-0, going above us into 3rd place on GD, cheers Celtic ya useless fuds, first time they've lost in the League for a year, since we beat them last season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 pm

Hearts beating Motherwell 3-0 shifts us down to 5th, ah well that's still a jump from 7th to 5th for us from last week/fortnight.

2 goals for Alan Forrest too, some week he's having.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:42 pm

A bit about Bruce Anderson in the DR.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/livi-fc-manager-martindale-reveals-28044507

Confirming what Callum Carson said in the Killie game.

“If I needed a goal on Saturday, Bruce probably would have been put on. But if I didn’t need to, it was always in the back of my mind that I wasn’t going to. He’s playing probably around 60 minutes today which gives him another three days rest and then the international break gives us another week closer to first team action.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:36 am