The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Troy
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v St Johnstone

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Johnstone Empty Livi v St Johnstone

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:10 pm

Huge game for us now, esp with Sevco & Celtic being our next 2 matches, we really need 3 pts to give ourselves some breathing space from the bottom teams, they've all closed the gap on us after collecting pts, esp Utd with back to back wins.

Tough enough game for us, but went and looked to see who was officiating it, ooft, going to need a spectacular performance if we're wanting to collect 3 pts here.

For those of a sensitive disposition i'm putting up a warning to quickly scroll past my post and don't look down the bottom of it.

Kevin Clancy. pale
    Troy

Livi v St Johnstone Empty Re: Livi v St Johnstone

Post by Troy Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:04 pm

We'll go down quicker than a whores drawers with that absolute arse in charge. Was really looking forward to the games against St Midden,County and St Johnstone to give us a chance of some breathing space from those below us.Alas the last two games went down like a lead balloon for us despite squandering so many chances to take something from both.This game is more massive than I anticipated a few weeks back.Lose and the cat will definitely be among the pigeons with whats on the horizon.Its that bad I darent make a prediction for this.Maybe if Anderson starts we might just give ourselves a sniff of a chance but I wouldn't bet my house on it.Need Livi to participate in lifting the negativity surrounding my brain at the moment. Givin everything I've said can only but hope we stop this rot.As always Mon the Lions,just fechin do it.👊👊👊🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Griffiths back training with us, i'd give him a contract till the Jan transfer window. At the very least we'd have someone who can take good set pieces.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:06 pm

I said that on Saturday watching our inept set pieces. He’d probably score a few as well.

In terms of Saturday, I hate playing this mob and fear we will lose again with no sign of where the next point is coming from never mind the next win.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:48 pm

Yeh,I'm in the same frame of mind Nick.As I said earlier this a game we can not afford to lose although the way we've been recently im reluctant to have opptomism going into this.On the Griffiths scenario, the support seems split.For me if Davie thinks he can do a job for us albeit temporary then what have we got to lose.But understand the reservations of some.🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:11 am

From a footballing perspective he's a good player with plenty of experience. He wasn't fit last season at Dundee or Falkirk, you can see he's a lot leaner now. Whether his head is on straight is debatable though, he got into a verbal confrontation with his own supporters over in Oz. If anyone can motivate him to play again though it's Martindale.

Seems to me a short term contract to Jan would be beneficial for both parties, and a low risk for us. Does well for us and scores a few goals then some clubs might be more inclined to make him an offer, just now he's a big risk for a couple of seasons contract and would need to show clubs he's still got something worth them taking a punt on him.

Last edited by Liviforever on Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:23 am

After going into the last two games with reasonable hopes of getting a decent result and coming away scunnered and frustrated I will be approaching this one accepting that we'll probably get beat by a team we often struggle against. They'll likely get a dodgy penalty after a dive and Stevie May will bullet a header in from a corner. It's easier to cope this way. Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:39 am

orco wrote:After going into the last two games with reasonable hopes of getting a decent result and coming away scunnered and frustrated I will be approaching this one accepting that we'll probably get beat by a team we often struggle against. They'll likely get a dodgy penalty after a dive and Stevie May will bullet a header in from a corner. It's easier to cope this way. Rolling Eyes

Being a bit positive there Orco, Kevin Clancy will send a Livi player off for a debatable foul and give St Johnstone a last minute penalty for the ball hitting Obileye's face. Oh and prob miss a deliberate hand ball penalty up the other end stopping us scoring.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:35 am

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:After going into the last two games with reasonable hopes of getting a decent result and coming away scunnered and frustrated I will be approaching this one accepting that we'll probably get beat by a team we often struggle against. They'll likely get a dodgy penalty after a dive and Stevie May will bullet a header in from a corner. It's easier to cope this way. Rolling Eyes

Being a bit positive there Orco, Kevin Clancy will send a Livi player off for a debatable foul and give St Johnstone a last minute penalty for the ball hitting Obileye's face. Oh and prob miss a deliberate hand ball penalty up the other end stopping us scoring.

You've got it Liviforever. It comes from having supported our team for so long. 😏

Auld Nick likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:26 am

Cant wait to see the starting 11,will tell us how this game is going to pan out.Then the inevitable dissapointment at 4.45.Desperatly hope I'm wrong.God knows we need this.Please Livi.🙏.
    italion

Post by italion Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Liviforever wrote:

We’re in for a tough time today! Kevin Clancy just gave the thumbs up to someone in the St Johnstone directors box.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:36 pm

It was far from pretty, at times it was shite, but happy with the ground out win. I'd say we deserve a bit of good luck after a crap couple of weeks.

It'll be nice to have another BBC Alba re-run to have on the TV box.

Looking forward to seeing the St Johnstone chance that came off the bar in the first half. Think that could have been in 👀
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:24 pm

I thought it was in. I also so nothing wrong with Nouble’s header that went in and would have given us an easier last few minutes.

Early on I thought Saints looked more dangerous than us but we still had some good play up the wings.

Looked like a wee bit of luck with the goal (thought it took a deflection) but will need to see it again to be sure… If he scored without the aid of a deflection it was a cute finish.

We played 10 times better in the first half last week against a worse team but somehow lost that and won this. The 3 points puts a nice cushion between us and the danger zone and moves us to 5th for 24 hours.

Clancy was a clown as usual, classic case was giving a foul against Bahamboula after he clearly won the ball twice in the same tackle. He allowed a ridiculous amount of shirt pulling by them and granted the usual fouls for them falling over when the wind blew.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:22 pm

Yep agree Nick.Saints started brightly and had one or two chances there.But the resilience shown by our lads has to be commended.Will need to see the afore mentioned instinces spoke about, but from where I was sitting, looked like a deflection that put the ball in the back of their net.Christ fortune shone on us today.But il take it.Massive 3 points for us considering whats on the horizon. Get these two games out of the road and go again.Bahamboula got MOM.Fair play,but I genuinely thought Steven Kelly was immense and would have been in with a shout.His general play and sheer guts for every ball that ca.e his way was imo a joy to watch..Next couple of weeks will be trying to say in the least.But you never know with these lads.Sorry for doubting them once again.👏🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:56 pm

Just gonna say YASsssssss, 3 pts.

Oh and loved the shithousery of Devlin after being pushed over Shamal in our box, staying down and calling for the physio. Then getting up and running up the pitch giving the booing Saints fans a couple of waves. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:20 am

Agreed on MotM Troy, it was between Stephen Kelly & Pitts for me with the former just edging it given it was his first start. Just a pity he couldn’t capitalise when he broke away in the second half.

First half I thought Devlin and Holt were poor by their standards, Dev eventually played ok by the “Musselburgh Xavi” was the “Musselburgh Shabby” yesterday. (TBF it is unusual for him to have a poor game). Dev started like he’d not gotten much sleep…congrats on the new baby Dev! Very Happy

Also agree with LF’s comment on Dev, made me smile when he waved at them. Also love how much winning games means to him.

Saw the goal again last night and it was not one but two deflections. Just hope we haven’t used up all our good luck in one game. Still to see the other “talking points”.

Also noticed that our “minimum of 4 added minutes” became 6.5 minutes despite their being nothing like 2.5 mins extra required during the added 4. If Clancy ended it when he should have the last two bookings of the game don’t happen (after Noobs was walking the ball back to Shamal, another thing that made me chuckle to myself).
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:59 am

Watched the highlights this morning. The shot off the bar did not cross the line, so while we were fortunate that it didn’t go in, we didn’t get a wrong decision going our way.

They didn’t show Nouble’s header that ended up in the net but was disallowed so no idea if that was a bad decision or not.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Watched the highlights this morning. The shot off the bar did not cross the line, so while we were fortunate that I didn’t go in, we didn’t get a wrong decision going our way.

They didn’t show Nouble’s header that ended up in the net but was disallowed so no idea if that was a bad decision or not.

You can watch the full game on bbc alba through the iplayer. Skimmed through the game to have a better look at flashpoints, Nouble's goal was disallowed for a push on their player as he goes for the header, wasn't much in it but enough for Clancy to give a foul against us.

The one on Obileye was far worse though and he gave us heehaw for that, where Ayo had a defender's hand on his shoulder and another round his waist pulling him to the ground, that was a penalty if ever i saw one but completely ignored by Clancy. Then just to be a wind up merchant he gives them a foul a minute or so later for the softest foul i've ever seen, ie. fuckall.

At the end Clancy was a minute and a half over the 4 added minutes when the fiasco with McGowan barging into Nouble to get the ball off him happened, as Nouble was going back with the ball in his hands to give it to Shamal for a free kick to us. Ayo gave McGowan a push to get him away from Nouble, and ended up with McGowan and Ayo getting yellow cards, completely needless incident that shouldn't have happened if Clancy had blown FT when the added 4 mins was up. To top it all Clancy blew FT immediately after he'd written their names in his book, so i can only assume his plan was to blow for FT when the ball was in the air from Shamal's kick up the pitch, but instead got into a whole lot of nonsense booking 2 players.

Clancy really is a complete arse of a referee.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:19 pm

I've not had such a feeling of relief as when that goal went in for ages. Another one would have been nice to calm me down but I'll take the nerves if we go on to get the win. It was such an important one with the next two being the Old Firm. Maybe me being neurotic again but the match scheduling makes me wonder sometimes. In our 5 opening games since we came up three of them have been against one of the OF. Now we have to face both of them consecutively in the first games of the second quarter. Just coincidence, aye.
    Anyway, overall I think we deserved the points and at last we actually got them. Wee Kelly was all you'd want in a Livi midfielder. He fought for everything and imposed himself on the game. The goal was a wee bit fortuitous but heck we were due a bit of luck.
    Once again Clancy did not cover himself in glory. There were no major wrong decisions but every 50/50 decision went only one way and it wasn't ours. The Pittman and Obileye bookings were farcical.
    I could watch the Stevie May free kick where he falls on his erse over and over. He goes down so often he's bound to get confused when the optimum time to do it is Very Happy b
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:56 pm

orco wrote:I've not had such a feeling of relief as when that goal went in for ages. Another one would have been nice to calm me down but I'll take the nerves if we go on to get the win. It was such an important one with the next two being the Old Firm. Maybe me being neurotic again but the match scheduling makes me wonder sometimes. In our 5 opening games since we came up three of them have been against one of the OF. Now we have to face both of them consecutively in the first games of the second quarter. Just coincidence, aye.
    Anyway, overall I think we deserved the points and at last we actually got them. Wee Kelly was all you'd want in a Livi midfielder. He fought for everything and imposed himself on the game. The goal was a wee bit fortuitous but heck we were due a bit of luck.
    Once again Clancy did not cover himself in glory. There were no major wrong decisions but every 50/50 decision went only one way and it wasn't ours. The Pittman and Obileye bookings were farcical.
    I could watch the Stevie May free kick where he falls on his erse over and over. He goes down so often he's bound to get confused when the optimum time to do it is Very Happy b

What apart from Obileye being hauled down in the box and us not getting a penalty, and Nouble's goal being disallowed for the slightest of touches on a St Johnstone defender, when they get away with man handling Nouble and Guthrie all game. Those kind of major decisions? lol!

Aye i would say Holt's booking for his cynical foul to stop them breaking on us was the only one we deserved. The worst foul he gave was against Bahamboula for winning 2 consecutive challenges getting the ball both times and not touching their player. There were a few more that had everyone around me wondering WTF is going on, which makes you wonder what fun VAR is going to be when us fans are kept in the dark waiting on being told what's happening, and with no screens showing us. It's going to be some clusterfeck of aspectacle for the fans in the stands.

Yeah Stephen Kelly was magnificent, prob our MoTM, but it is Bahamboula's best game for us and he scored a deserved goal* for his efforts, so don't begrudge him getting the MoTM award.

*So often those are the kind of deflected goals we concede to lose games, normally coming off Devlin's arse, great seeing us getting one for a change.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:07 pm

All in all a very decent first 11 games* for us, accumulating 15 pts. When you consider we were cheated by the ref giving Motherwell a pen, chopping off Obileye's goal against Sevco for a 2-2 draw, and that we should've had at least 2 more pts for draws against St Mirren & County, and could be sitting on 19 pts in 3rd place, we can even feel there's room for improvement on that total in the next 11 games.

Once Brucie is back starting too the goals should increase, narrow margins in top 6 and bottom 6, but i think we've shown enough that we should be a top 6 team this season.

We're 4 points better off on last season at this point too.

*yeah i know we're on 10 games but being realistic the postponed game at Celtic park is likely to be a defeat and i'm just taking it as read we'd be on the same points as we are now had we played it. Basically it's a free hit for us, and if we take anything it will be an unexpected bonus.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:27 pm

Liviforever wrote:

What apart from Obileye being hauled down in the box and us not getting a penalty, and Nouble's goal being disallowed for the slightest of touches on a St Johnstone defender, when they get away with man handling Nouble and Guthrie all game. Those kind of major decisions? lol!

I have on occasion been accused of bias towards Livi. I am trying my best to be open minded. Cool But aye another ref and a different team and those examples would have been judged differently.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:57 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

I have on occasion been accused of bias towards Livi. I am trying my best to be open minded. Cool But aye another ref and a different team and those examples would have been judged differently.

Aye we're all a bit biased to our own teams, but in Clancy's case it's completely justified to be calling him out as useless and thinking we should've been given them. Used to think we couldn't get a worse ref than Greg give Livi a red card Aitken, but i think Clancy has proven me wrong.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:50 pm

I remember claiming the pen for the manhandling of Ayo - also remember saying “probably just as well, we’d probably miss it anyway” Laughing
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:15 pm

Auld Nick wrote:I remember claiming the pen for the manhandling of Ayo - also remember saying “probably just as well, we’d probably miss it anyway” Laughing

Oh we of little faith.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:26 am