The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

QP v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

QP v Livi Empty QP v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:17 pm

1-0 Livi, Bruce Anderson with the goal.

Wasn't at the game but noticed we lined up with a back three again, de Lucas-Obileye-Boyes, with Jack Hamilton in goal, and kept another clean sheet, 4 in a row now, with 3 wins and a draw, pretty decent pre season.

QP v Livi Web_ca47

Late change to the starting line up with Sean Kelly replacing Sangare, take it he must've done something to himself in the warm up.
    Troy

QP v Livi Empty Re: QP v Livi

Post by Troy Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:31 am

Yeh,wasn't there either.But credit to those who attended.Horrible night for football but a decent results for the Lions nonetheless.Not sure about the situation with big Joel,but I suspect we'll find out soon enough. Still think we need another striker in to help us going ahead.Another goal from Bruce,pleasing but he surely can't be relied on to do it on his own. Hopefully we can get someone in to help him,otherwise we'll struggle imo.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:17 pm

Not sure about missing Nouble, if he wont be here for the season then i'm happy not playing him. It'll get us used to a system without him, and bring Kelly, Pittman, Anderson into a front 3, or a 2 behind Anderson. We play a much slicker passing game with those 3, if Nouble is there we'll boot it long to him more, knowing he's a good hold up player, but we haven't the players to play like that without him, so i'd rather not play like that.

Anyway, we seem to be going with a back 3 again, and it's looking solid, with our budget restrictions it's important we got our defence sorted, and making ourselves hard to score against again. you don't need 2,3, 4 goals a game when you keep clean sheets, 1 will do.

Last season we were never comfortable only being a goal up, always felt we needed 2 or 3 before being assured a win, our defence just wasn't good enough, far too easy to score against.

Agree with Freedom farter on P&B, a back 3 suits the likes of Obileye and Boyes, both are suspect in a back 4, but protected more with 3 CB's and 2 FB's/WB's, keeping it narrow and forcing opposition players wide to put crosses into the box, really plays to Ayo's strengths.

I'd love us to be a team that when we score, opposition players know it's game over, like St Johnstone's double cup winning team, it really deflates opposition players and fans, knowing how much a shit housing team you are when getting the first goal, actually like we were when we first came up into the top flight.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:46 pm

All about opinions L/F.We know how Davie likes to muck about with systems and tactics.Sometimes to our detriment. If Joel goes,and its looking highly likely I dread to think that we go into the start of the Prem with Bruce as our sole striker. All hearsay mind you.But like your good self I occasionally peruse other forums,and you will know I'm not the only one with concerns on the said subject.Fingers crossed we get it sorted,sooner rather than later.Lol.🤷‍�🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:50 pm

We'll sign other strikers right enough, esp if/when Guthrie & Goncalves leave (freeing up wages), it's whether they'll be any use or not is another matter. Nouble is best played as a winger though, only games he should be used as a striker is against the erse cheeks, where we're limited to getting a ball up the pitch, and he's ideal as an out ball, holding play up and getting us fouls. Any other games and we're wasting Brucies talents, not giving him that position.

I actually prefer Kelly and Bradley playing in a 3 with Bruce, or in a 2 behind him, as entertaining as Nouble is, he looked well off it in our last 10 games or so, and i felt we'd be better off without him, giving Bruce the striker's jersey, with proper support. Think Pitts being played up there will see him scoring goals too.

I know i always look for the positives, but i really see us tightening the defence and having Bruce/st Kelly/Pitts/Bradley as a very decent attack for us, that will see us having another comfortable season. Throwing in Montano/Penrice & Brandon getting up both wings, and we will have a good shape in attack. Even better than last season.

We still need a few more bodies to bulk out the squad for injuries and suspensions though, hopefully we get a few of the dead wood players off the wage bill soon so we can recruit more players.

My biggest concern was our defence, but if this switch to a back 3 works in the league, and we will be very difficult to score against, i fancy us having a good season. We're kicking the league off with 3 difficult games though, so we'll see pretty quickly how good our defence is. If our GA is only 2 or 3 goals after those three games, then i'm prob going to be looking at top 6 again.lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:54 pm

Sangare went to the wrong stadium on Monday, thought maybe he went to Hampden instead of lesser Hampden, but no, he went to the TMA.
    Livingston new boy Mo Sangare sat out Monday’s friendly against Queen’s Park after pitching up at the WRONG stadium.

The Liberia international had been down to start the 1-0 win at Lesser Hampden but made an embarrassing blunder after believing the match was taking place at the Tony Macaroni Arena. The 24-year-old, who joined on a two-year deal from Accrington Stanley last month, still managed to make it to Glasgow before kick-off but was left to watch from the sidelines.
    Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:37 am

Hope he’s smarter ON the pitch Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content