The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Livi v Accies.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Accies. Empty Livi v Accies.

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:35 am

Accies are managing to scrape wins so far, but they've got the 6pts. I'd expect they'll set up very defensively against us to try and get something from this game, all they need is a draw, and then with our form for pens, the odds would favour them taking the bonus point winning the pen shoot out.

However we def should be too good for them, once we break them down it should be pretty comfortable, getting that first goal could be tough though. 4-0 Livi. cheers
    Troy

Livi v Accies. Empty Re: Livi v Accies.

Post by Troy Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:12 pm

Not often I agree with you L/F.But on this occasion I do😁.We should be too strong for them and yes an early goal for us could open the floodgates here.Apparently they were dire last night,and that was from their own fans.As you say a draw for them would see them progress through to the next round.Somehow I don't see that happening.As long as Davie doesn't fanny about with systems and tactics I suspect we'll win this comfortably. But there again,what do I know.1 0 Livi.🤷‍�🤣.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:11 pm

We should have far too much for them to handle but that hasn’t stopped us losing in the past.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Due to a sudden close family bereavement this morning I wont make the game today.Will speak later.Troy.🙏.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:03 pm

Troy wrote:Due to a sudden close family bereavement this morning I wont make the game today.Will speak later.Troy.🙏.

Sorry to hear that Troy, it’s never an easy thing, deepest sympathies.

Troy likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:05 pm

Given Troy’s sad news it seems wrong to hash over today’s game… suffice it to say that very undeserved point may prove vital.

Troy likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:11 pm

So sorry for my absence today guys.My mum in law who we cared for passed away early this morning. She was 90 and gradually went downhill.Thank you all for your comments.So far ive lost 5 close family members this year.Bare with me.Will rely on your combined summaries on today's game.Trying to put Livi at the back of my thoughts.But must admit,was hoping they'd lift my spirits, obviously not.Thanks guys.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:10 pm

Troy wrote:So sorry for my absence today guys.My mum in law who we cared for passed away early this morning. She was 90 and gradually went downhill.Thank you all for your comments.So far ive lost 5 close family members this year.Bare with me.Will rely on your combined summaries on today's game.Trying to put Livi at the back of my thoughts.But must admit,was hoping they'd lift my spirits, obviously not.Thanks guys.

Condolences Troy.

Troy likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:20 pm

Poor start to the game and Accies deservedly went in at HT a goal up, poor from back to front and didn't get going at all. Accies pressed and passed it about well, didn't look like the League One team anyway.

2nd half we were better but as usual we made it hard for ourselves having now given Accies a goal to hang onto, and even harder to break down. Wasn't till the subs came on that we looked threatening in attack, up till then Montano was the only one taking shots at goal, hitting the woodwork. Stephen Kelly almost gave us a smash and grab 3pts in injury time from a free kick, rattling the bar, all a bit too little, too late though.

Our pens haven't improved any, we should've had 2 pens for hand balls, pisses me off these went against us with VAR all last season, and we get sod all when VAR wasn't in play today, but with our record, we'd prob have missed them, absolute dire in the pen shoot out for the bonus point.

Only hope we have of winning the group now is beating Cove on Tues, and gubbing Clyde by at least 5, then Accies dropping pts against Cove next Sat. 10pts would prob be enough as one of the best runners up though, if Accies beat Cove and win the group. Better play a lot better than we did today though, and hopefully St Kelly starts on Tues.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:35 am

The balance of the side is all wrong because he plays Penrice and Montano & one or other is always on the wrong flank. It was so much better with Brandon on the right.

All in all we were woeful. Accies out played us and out fought us in the first half and contained us in the second until “wee Brucie” grabbed a vital point.

We should sign Kevin Holt from United, he scored more pens yesterday himself than we did in the shootout.

Just read the match report on the official site. Not very accurate. Only named one change in the line up from the previous week, George out for Hamilton didn’t get a mention. Suggested Pitts missed a sitter from a Penners cross…. If it’s the same one I’m thinking of the Accies defender blocked the cross. Also suggested that Bruce scored from a corner, the corner saw three handball claims before going out for a throw-in which resulted in a cross reaching Bruce, who took it well at the back post.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:21 am

Aye Brandon needs to be starting as RB, he compliments Montano on the left side with his surging runs, Brandon looks to get down the flanks too. I'd also drop Nouble, isn't looking anything like the player from last season, well not the one that was making runs taking players on and hitting the byeline anyway, maybe the Nouble in the run in that was holding back in case he got injured. Would rather have a fully committed St Kelly starting, Nouble should be bodying League One players out of his path and leaving them in his wake, but he isn't.

Oh and can we get Stephen Kelly on pens now, said it last season either him or Bradley should be taking them, as they both hit good free kicks and have scored from outside the box, he was the only one to score a pen yesterday. Have yet to see Bruce taking one, he must have no confidence from the spot, which seems strange for a striker.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:49 pm

I think Bruce was one of our 5 based on the players that DM was talking to as they selected the 5; unfortunately we only had to take 3 cos we are so mince at this relatively simple exercise.

Nouble still shows the odd flash of what he can do but he has definitely gone off the boil and currently is showing why he hasn’t kicked on to a higher level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am