The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v St Mirren

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Mirren Empty Livi v St Mirren

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:36 pm

Really looking forward to this game, St Mirren have had a great start but we've been flying under the radar a bit and are steadily making progress with good performances. Nouble has found a new role as a midfield maestro, and our back 3 looking impressive too, wee Pitts is like a new man, reinvigorated playing like the Premiership play offs winning Pittman. Even Shinnie has impressed me.

Would be massive to get all 3pts and move up to 7pts, lets get this done, 3-1 Livi.

Mon the Livi Lions. bounce cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Mirren Empty Re: Livi v St Mirren

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:44 pm

Surprisingly VAR has been pretty decent this season, so i'll remain optimistic with this set of officials not ruining it. lol!

Livi v St Mirren Web_ca65
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:09 pm

I anticipate a share of the spoils at best, that said we have both won at Fester Road and drawn at home to Aberdeen, the only difference has been us losing at Ibrox while they edged out Dundee 2-1 and Dundee had a man sent off.

So while they have rightly been getting plaudits, we have been largely ignored. Therefore, it would be tremendous to beat them… but as we all know this fixture has a propensity to end in favour of the away team and while more recent results are less predictable it remains the most common outcome, so yes a draw is my expectation.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Aye they've had the rub of the green with some officiating going their way, Pitts sent off for Baccus arriving late and kicking him, or us missing a penalty then conceding a late goal, we're long overdue giving them a spanking. They're moaning like feck about VAR and refereeing decisions all being against them too, so would be sweet if they got a red card, we got and actually scored a penalty, and both were dubious decisions. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:39 pm

Got a feeling our new signing will be starting on the right side as a RWB instead of Brandon, he's left footed but Martindale saying he can play either side, and can't see Penrice being dropped after a MoTM performance against Hibs.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:48 pm

This one really is hard to call.St Midden have had an excellent start to the season and will be a tough nut to crack.Having said that, if we can replicate the performance from Easter Road we will have a helluva chance to take all 3 points here imo.Reckon a lot will depend on our starting 11,although with Davie you just never know.Definatly looking forward to this. Decent crowd expected,and the weather forecast looks good. Hoping for a narrow Livi win although a point wouldn't be disastrous. Bring it on.👊🦁⬆.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:10 pm

Auld Nick wrote:I anticipate a share of the spoils at best, that said we have both won at Fester Road and drawn at home to Aberdeen, the only difference has been us losing at Ibrox while they edged out Dundee 2-1 and Dundee had a man sent off.

Troy wrote:This one really is hard to call.St Midden have had an excellent start to the season and will be a tough nut to crack.Having said that, if we can replicate the performance from Easter Road we will have a helluva chance to take all 3 points here imo.Reckon a lot will depend on our starting 11,although with Davie you just never know.Definatly looking forward to this. Decent crowd expected,and the weather forecast looks good. Hoping for a narrow Livi win although a point wouldn't be disastrous. Bring it on.👊🦁⬆.

As Nick said, isn't really much of a difference between us, other than them having an easier game against Dundee than we did against Sevco at Ibrox.

Though Robinson does tend to get the better of Davie in games against his teams, first at Motherwell and then St Mirren, but we managed a draw against them last season at home, after Pitts was red carded.
    Would expect Bruce to be on the bench again, and us starting with Guthrie up front, which has been working for us this season, and gives us a great sub to bring on to score a goal or 2.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:59 am

I don't mind them winning as long as they are better than us. But if it's diving, cheating, idiotic refereeing and bizarre VAR I'll be raging.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:22 am

orco wrote:I don't mind them winning as long as they are better than us. But if it's diving, cheating, idiotic refereeing and bizarre VAR I'll be raging.

No as much as they will if it's us getting a dodgy decision, they've spent all week seething at the Aberdeen fans over that double kicked penalty goal for the equaliser. Usued to love going through to Paisley when we always beat them there, their fans were the angriest i've ever seen, always raging about something. Was great entertainment when we were on the winning side. lol!

Really is a tough one to call, apart from our debacle of a 3-0 deafeat at theirs last season and that game Ryan Hardie demolished them, they've all been pretty tight games, lately they've been coming out on the better side of results though, with narrow wins, or us getting the odd draw. Feeling more optimistic after seeing us scoring goals at Easter rd, and Nouble putting in a good performance, we're a lot better looking in our shape this season too, and not as soft a touch defending balls into our box from set pieces.

Robinson got the MoTM award, lets give him a defeat in his first match after receiving it. Cool

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:28 am

That Keanu Bacchus carry on when Pitts got sent off still rankles with me. 😡
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:41 pm

Would love to see a Mo Sangare 25 yarder into the top corner for a late winner, sure St Mirren have scored a few of those type of goals to take all 3pts against us, would be sweet if we did it to them for once.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:46 pm

1-1 and while we should have held on to the lead (running the clock down well in the corner only to give it away stupidly, leading to a silly foul on half way, which in turn led to the equaliser) over the 90 minutes a share of the spoils was probably about right.

For us, Nouble wasn’t involved enough. When he was he linked well with Penners again.

Bruce finished his “goal” well but was sadly offside.

Bacchus is a cheating wee git and deliberately made a back for Shinnie leading to his injury, good to see him walk across the pitch at half time though. He also conned a free kick by squealing and holding his ankle only to get up and run off immediately. Horrible wee git and I hope someone leaves a dull one on him soon.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:24 pm

Just in.WTF.Yeh,before the game would have taken a point tbh.But our inability to see a game out worries me.Regardless points dropped at home as well,no argument there.These silly points dropped, albeit early in the season when weve managed to get points in the bag for the campaign ahead worries me.They threw that away when it looked like we would prevail.Need to see the offside goal again, but Livi fans saying it was offside by a bawhair. Few players got pass marks,but wtf happened at the end.Feels like a defeat,and I hope the players and many of the support feel the same.Shocking.🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:18 pm

Yeah we did the right thing keeping the ball in the corner, but when we lost it and it was hit up the pitch Brandon should've just knocked it back up towards the corner flag again, instead he dallied with it and got caught on the ball, then gave away a foul. Which they launched into our box. Felt like the away game against Hearts last season, losing a last minute goal and coming away with a point.

On a positive, St Mirren look a good team, moved the ball about well in the first half, and we stood up to them and almost won. A draw was a good result, even though it doesn't feel like it when we were so close to winning the game.

The games against St Johnstone, County, and Dundee should be where we can have a more attacking set up with Bruce and Kelly starting, and ones we should be looking to take 3pts.

Still though, 5pts is still decent from the teams we've played, i reckon St Mirren will be top 6 again.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:21 am

One thing I would say about Brandon giving away the foul…I thought at the time and again after the highlights, the lad he fouled actually fouled him first but as had happened throughout the match, Walsh ignored the foul on us and gave the foul on them. He really is inept.

Also, what do the pundits actually want? They claimed the game with Aberdeen was poor and this game was poor; both matches had two teams trying to win and while both games lacked quality both were good matches to watch, played at a decent tempo. They need to get their heads out of their butts, it’s the SPFL not the EPL.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:41 pm

Aye everyone was shouting to him that Greive was running in behind him, but he didn't react till Greive went into the back of him. Still should've just hit it first time back up the pitch though, just read Martindale saying he was shouting at him to do exactly that. When will we learn to see out a game. As i said, we were doing the right thing holding it in the corner flag, winding down time, something Nouble should've done at Tynecastle last season, instead of heading into the box. Brandon needed to be more savvy and just hit it straight back up the pitch, and we prob see out the last minute keeping it away from our box.

Having watched sportscene, i'm still of the opinion Baccus rolls Shinnie after he jumps, it's not quite so obv as i thought it was when i saw it live, but he doesn't go for the ball, you can see him glancing to the side as Shinnie comes in, and moves towards Shinnie to shoulder him away from the ball when in the air. Not sure now he deliberately rolls Shinnie to stop him landing on his feet, or was just knocking him off the ball when he went into the air, either way it was dangerous play imo, whenever a player is in the air like that you're impeding their landing bumping them and being underneath them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Baccus is an obnoxious individual; a blight on the modern game who regularly gets away with foul play and plain old fashioned cheating - he should have been booked for the foul on Shinnie and booked again for feigning injury when he won a foul and then got up and ran off after his wimpish squeal and rolling about holding his ankle. He is quite simply a git of the lowest order.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:43 am

Bacchus was the worst but the whole team were at it all game. They've obviously been coached to dive. They're the new Hibs. 🙄

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:55 am