The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The Rangers v Livi (Quarter Final)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

The Rangers v Livi (Quarter Final) Empty The Rangers v Livi (Quarter Final)

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:38 pm

Win or lose we're getting a big pay day, so it is a pretty successful cup run for us, it would be unbelievable if we won though, and progressed to a Semi Final with both erse cheeks knocked out. But i'll just stick to this game before i let myself get carried away.

Would be a huge boost if we were saving Devlin for this game, when we left him out of the squad against Celtic, and we could play with a back 3 again. We need to take any chances we get this time, we had a couple of good chances against Celtic and it would've made a massive difference if we had taken them, same goes here, we need Anderson and/or Nouble to step up and give the performance of their lives, if we have any chance of an upset. I dare to dream we are doing this, mon the Lions, this is going to be our season for cup glory, lets do this. bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

The Rangers v Livi (Quarter Final) Empty Re: The Rangers v Livi (Quarter Final)

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:55 pm

How sweet it would be to beat them at their place… alas I fear this is but a forlorn hope.

Just hope we give a good account of ourselves, and at least we can take the money & run.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:21 pm

Yep,same for me.Take the money and get this out of the way.Hopefully have a go at least.Mon the Lions.🏆🦁👍.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:55 am

Acht we'll beat them on penalties. The Rangers v Livi (Quarter Final) 1f602
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:21 pm

Doesn’t help matters when the referee ignores the most blatant push you are ever likely to see to gift his team the lead while his lodge mate on VAR (Video Assisting Rangers) helps by ignoring the blatant error.

That said we have been appallingly passive in the first 20 minutes that we have barely crossed the halfway line.

Our performance is as inept as the officials

Last edited by Auld Nick on Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:56 pm

Our players ought to be charged the admission price, they were a bunch of spectators tonight
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:21 pm

Can't disagree with you Nick, we were toothless up front and waited till the game was lost before bringing on Anderson. Guthrie has his uses but playing as a lone striker isn't one of them, lack of mobility and nobody running off him, useless.

Annoying the first goal was a blatant push, and VAR ignored it too, then Collum gives us a foul later on for the same thing. 2nd goal is a toe poke from a break up the middle of the pitch, which doesn't happen if we aren't chasing the game, 3rd goal is a fluke deflection, and the only decent goal of the game is after the game was a bogey.

As you said though, we were piss poor up front and even less of a threat than against Celtic, it was a cup quarter final and we went into with no fight or desire to win.

Got home and watched Ahsoka on Disney+ to cheer myself up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:01 am

What is even more disappointing about the lack of desire & fight was Martindale saying prematch that their injuries gave us a right chance… maybe he forgot to telll the team
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:23 am

Haven't seen the highlights yet so will go on your summaries.Getting decisions at Ibrox is notoriously frustrating for us,and that hasn't or never will change.Personally just glad to get this out of the way.Anoying as it is,we've a much more important game on Saturday up in Perth.We move on.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:47 am

He did the old give the player a push then hold up both his arms routine, signaling he didn't push Brandon. I've yet to see anyone that hasn't pushed someone do that, it's always a player who has actually just pushed/bumped someone trying to pretend they didn't.

He just pushed him in the back to get him out of the way so he could get the ball, and once Brandon hit the ground there was no Livi player between him and Shamal, and he curled it into our net. If you're shoulder to shoulder then fine, it's down to body strength, but to put your hand on a player and give him a push, and it knocks him off balance, then that's a foul. None of this it wasn't enough to make him fall down pish, because that's exactly what it did.

Haven't seen anyone that didn't think it was a foul either, even Sevco posters on P&B.

Whether it would've changed the outcome is a different story, yeah it changed the game's dynamics giving them something to build on, but we didn't threaten their goal and it was wave after wave coming at us, with us sitting deep inviting pressure. We had a bit better 2nd half getting some corners and free kicks to put into their box, and a couple of headers went narrowly past the post. However we only really had one decent one decent run from Nouble, where he looked like the Nouble from early last season, shrugging off a couple of Sevco players holding onto him, then bodying Tavernier with pure body strength, leaving him a space to hit the byeline and run into their box, but he chose to shoot, when 3 unmarked Livi players had ran into the box waiting for a cut back, and it deflected off a Sevco player going out for a corner.

I honestly felt we could've scored against Celtic and got something from that game, but in this game we were just too passive and looked like we set out to try and hold onto a 0-0 till Anderson could come on and maybe nick a goal, as soon as they scored though, i couldn't see a way back.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:44 pm

Cute from the bbc, there was no appearing about it, it was a clear push.

Abdallah Sima capitalised on a positive start, producing a wonderful angled finish after appearing to push Jamie Brandon to initially gain possession.
    It was controversial but referee Willie Collum was not summoned to check the screen after opting to wave play on.

Martindale isn't being so scared to call a push a foul.

"I think the first goal's a foul. It's a clear hands on. For the life of me I don't know how we've not got a foul there.

When push comes to shove VAR just ignores a clear foul by a Sevco player at Ibrox, cheers Nick Walsh.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:58 pm

Video Assisting Rangers
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:06 pm

We were toothless for most of the game but did manage to get to half time with it still at 1-0. If that goal had been chalked off who knows. The Ibrox crowd is not patient and that can transfer to the players. But we will never know eh.

The other refereeing travesty was the yellow card for Brandon. His hand made contact with the Rangers player's shoulder. The Rangers player immediately clutched his face. What did Collum see? He assumed Brandon was at fault. It is sickening how often the OF get the benefit of the doubt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:18 am