The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Johnstone v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Johnstone v Livi Empty St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:44 am

Could really be doing with winning this game and taking 3pts to get us on the way up the table. We're sitting precariously close to the edge of the play off spot, and in a group of 7 teams where only 2pts separate 5th from 11th. And if St Johnstone win they'd only be 1 point behind us, moving us close to the relegation spot.

We've got the erse cheeks out of the way though, and are entering into the nitty gritty playing 5 teams we should be looking to take points against completing the first 11 fixtures.

Anderson has to start surely, we're playing the bottom team, that hasn't had a win, sitting on 2pts, this is a must win as far as i'm concerned, we need to be setting out with an attacking line up to go and gub them.
    Troy

St Johnstone v Livi Empty Re: St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Troy Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:01 pm

Said on P&B that this is a huge game for both of us,and I stand by that.Yeh,the old firm is out of the way and as such we should be looking for maximum points here imo.Davie surely has to go with our strongest attacking line up,and that means Anderson starting,but knowing Davie hel do the opposite and we'll struggle.First goal in this
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Bloody phone. Meant to say the first goal in this will be crucial, il leave it there.Mon the Lions.Just do it.👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:11 pm

Yeah St Johnstone haven't scored first in any league game, mostly haven't scored at all, but we all know how hard they are to play against when they go in front, and in amongst their pish poor run of results, they managed a 0-0 against Celtic at Parkhead, so i wouldn't want them scoring first and giving them a lead to defend.

Troy likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:43 pm

Suspect this has shitfest written all over it.Il take a late dodgy decision from VAR in our favour if it means getting those 3 points back down the road.Dont know who the officials are mind you,cant be any worse than brother Collum, can it?🙈🤣.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Wonder if Chris Kane will start for them. He's an accomplished diver whose antics in the past have led to trouble for Livi. With Stevie May in on the act at some point, strong refereeing will be required here.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:40 pm

Seen this script many times before, we go to Perth having been doing ok (apart from playing the ugly sisters) and they have been garbage… how does it end? With us losing.

We all know Perth is rarely a trip we do well in & I see no reason to expect that to change.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:23 pm

orco wrote:Wonder if Chris Kane will start for them. He's an accomplished diver whose antics in the past have led to trouble for Livi. With Stevie May in on the act at some point, strong refereeing will be required here.

Kane is meant to be still injured, missed their last game. Don't know much about this ref but our old friend Dallas is on VAR,

St Johnstone v Livi Web_ca70
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:27 am

Liviforever wrote:

Kane is meant to be still injured, missed their last game. Don't know much about this ref but our old friend Dallas is on VAR,

Grainger was the ref last season in the first home game v Ross County when they nicked a win. He let them away with murder. One of theirs should have been sent off early in the game after a bad foul on Nouble (?)
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:40 am

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… doesn’t matter what ref we are given they are all inept.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:05 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Grainger was the ref last season in the first home game v Ross County when they nicked a win. He let them away with murder. One of theirs should have been sent off early in the game after a bad foul on Nouble (?)

Can remember a Dundee Utd player and a Hearts player that should've been red carded with bad tackles on us last season, the one at Tynecastle by Cochrane on Devlin didn't even get us a fecking foul, ref gave Hearts a throw in after Devlin was near halved in two by a late challenge. Can't remember the Utd player's name, was a young black player, and did a studs up tackle catching Pittman late. Crazy when we saw Pittman and Holt getting red cards for far less.

St Johnstone seem to be like us at the run in of last season, start off well, but then concede, then concede another in the 2nd half, and it's game over, hopefully they'll continue with that today.

Devlin being injured is a worry for us, although both games he's missed were against the cheeks, we just didn't look settled in a back 4, we missed his vocal organisation in defence too. Even when we switched to a back 3, Parkes was slow, and we still looked out of sorts, really could do with Devlin being back in defence.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:59 pm

Unfortunately not at this but by most accounts we've been pish.Said on here and on P&B the first goal would be crucial. Its gone against us.Not sure we can pull this back.Huge 45 ahead.Worrying.🤷‍�.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:47 pm

Well bugger me.I know 😂.Not sure what to make of that. Was it a point gained or points dropped. Will go for the aforementioned considering we went behind.Had a slim chance at the end to take this.A glance at the table shows us 11th.But its so tight between us and 6th.Fine margins will determine whether we can mount a genuine challenge to keep us clear of the danger zone.Which for me is once again our ultimate aim.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Sorry to edit,we're 10th,but a bawhair from 6th.Wheres the fridge 😂😂😂.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:58 pm

Troy wrote:Unfortunately not at this but by most accounts we've been pish.Said on here and on P&B the first goal would be crucial. Its gone against us.Not sure we can pull this back.Huge 45 ahead.Worrying.🤷‍�.

I was feeling fortunate i was walking the dogs in the pouring rain and not up at Perth Troy. At least i was enjoying my walk.

Seems we were as bad as we were up in Dingwall, but again managed to salvage a point. Disappointing we can't beat the bottom team in the league, and are still clumped together with a group of teams bordering on the play off spot, but down the road these kind of pts add up and will be important.

We're struggling with putting our best starting line up just now, Devlin being out is a big blow, but Davie isn't helping matters with his strange selections all over the place either.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:13 pm

Yeh,Agree,L/F.Wasnt there myself Mentioned earlier Shitfest and was proved right.For both as I've heard a point probably just about right..Points dropped from both,which looking at the table doesn't fill me with overwhelming confidence for both.From our perspective. Got to get our respective arses into gear. Or we could find the unextible become reality.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:27 pm

Scored a penalty though. Yee ha!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:24 am

Every point is a prisoner this season and while the points haul from the first 4 games was more than expected we have probably taken less than expected since those early results raised our hopes.

I’m now back at my original assessment that 10th would be a major achievement.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:13 pm

Looking at the top 6 and how many games we're drawing, i'm looking at between 8th to 10th for us.

Motherwell look a lot better than us too, and pushed the cheeks hard in both games, agonizingly close to a 1-1 with Celtic yesterday, but St Mirren are also a better looking team than us and we almost beat them, and felt gutting only taking a point. So i think we can get something from them next week.

Unless we improve a good bit though we're not finishing above the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell, so can't see us being above 8th place. Def think we can finish above St Johnstone, Killie, County and Dundee though. And if we go on our usual good run around November-January, we'll flirt with the top 6 going into the split again.

It would help if we give Anderson a run of starts, and have a settled attacking line up, we've got the players to score goals in Anderson, St Kelly and Bradley, but all 3 are feeding off scraps with limited game time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:48 am