The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v County

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v County Empty Livi v County

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:56 am

Firstly, hope this game makes it, with temps being -5 leading up to Saturday.

Nitty gritty time for us now, we can't afford County winning this and pulling right away, leaving only Motherwell and St Johnstone (barring they don't win too) around us, doubt Aberdeen will be down here for much longer. they've 2 games in hand too. Hibs and Killie home games look a lot tougher too, so for me County is a must win, to take some pressure off the players and help them going into the Hibs game with more belief/confidence.

It'll no doubt be scrappy, so first goal is crucial, which brings me to my next point, we need to be set up more attacking, having players in proper positions to attack. If Nouble is playing, get him further up the wing so he can do some damage up there, even though he isn't doing it enough, the odd time he makes a run it causes opposition problems and gives us a chance of scoring. Also need natural WB's, just play Brandon at RWB, imo he's the best option, him and Nouble would work well, or Penrice and Nouble on the left, switching about. Anderson needs wingers and attacking mids helping get the ball into the box for him to finish, that's where he's at his best, not standing up front isolated, expected to do something against CB's standing marking him as the ball is lumped high into the air.

Anyway, lets just get in about them and have a go, we're fighting to stay up just now and need big performances in December.

I'd like us to line up something like this.

......                                 Shamal

..        Nottingham           Obileye             Devlin

Brandon               Holt               Sangare             Penrice

.....   St Kelly                  Anderson              Nouble
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v County Empty Re: Livi v County

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:30 pm

If Obileye can't start then a back 4 gives us an extra attacking player. I fear we will prob start Guthrie to combat White for defending set plays, so this could be a more likely line up. I say more likely, by that i mean one that makes sense, but Martindale will prob stick to a back 3 and keep Se Kelly playing there till Obileye comes on in the 2nd half.

......                        Shamal

Brandon         Nottingham         Devlin      Penrice

St Kelly         Holt         Sangare          Nouble

Anderson         Guthrie
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:19 pm

For me,it seems a losing mentality has set in among the squad.Unfortunate as that may seem the reality is slowly starting to set in.Can envisage us being set adrift at the bottom,unless something of Lazarous proportions materialises. Sorry for the negativity. For me realistically id put County as favourites for this game if as you say it goes ahead.Their getting vital results whereas we are in the mire.Ive not thrown the towel in as yet but this surely can go on even albeit we're at home.Would be miraculous if the could give us some pre festive cheer,but I have my doubts.🤷‍�🦁🤞.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:52 am

As I am in the country which must not be named and just back from watching my Edmonton Oilers defeat Winnipeg Jets 3-1 with all 3 Oilers goals in the last 5 mins… I am not letting anything take away my delight… so let’s see some fight Livi, and send the Staggies back north with nothing
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:30 am

The thought of White,Murray or even Brophy gives me the fear more than as to wether this game goes ahead,which will be extremely doubt full if the forecast is to believed.Ie minus 6 overnight jeezo. 🥶🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:42 am

The ground is brick hard just now, noticed St Mirren's pitch still had frost on it when we played them last Saturday, and their manager saying it was slippy playing on it, maybe grass pitches are allowed to be frosty.
    italion

Post by italion Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:51 pm

Liviforever wrote:The ground is brick hard just now, noticed St Mirren's pitch still had frost on it when we played them last Saturday, and their manager saying it was slippy playing on it, maybe grass pitches are allowed to be frosty.
    Pitch inspection at 09.30 tomorrow.
    No chance of going ahead.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:56 am

Especially looking out my window right now.Snow as well last night.Nea chance.🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶.
    italion

Post by italion Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:52 am

Troy wrote:Especially looking out my window right now.Snow as well last night.Nea chance.🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶.

Game off, according to Sky Sports.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:56 am

It is off.No surprise there.Should have called off yesterday.But not Livi.🥶🤷‍�.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:29 pm

Have had to suffer the continues shite all day,with respect on the whole not County fans from others.Thankfully,due to being absolutely floored by a stinking cold im trying to shift,I'm relatively glad they called this off.Would have been excruciating sitting there wishing the ref to blow that final whistle regardless of the result..Mantain that weve got to turn this sequence around, least weve time to do so.Least my second team are giving me football albeit 8pm.Howay the lads.🖤🤍👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:18 pm

Temps are rising the next couple of days, wonder if this will be rescheduled for tues night.

*edit. Just checked the fixtures they play Motherwell on Tues, then there are 5 games on Wed being played, just us and Dundee that aren't playing midweek. Dec Tues the 12th would be the earliest we could play this.

Hopefully this means Montano will be fit by then, and we'll have a stronger team, with Obileye having a couple of games under his belt too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:11 am