The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Tues Night Football 24/3/15

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Tues Night Football 24/3/15 Empty Tues Night Football 24/3/15

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Falkirk scraped a win against Cowden, bad night for QoS though and with Sevco beating Hibs on Sun it's been a good week for them.

Cowdenbeath 0-1 Falkirk

Raith 3-0 QoS

-51 GD for Cowden now, if only we could win a couple of games to catch up with them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Tues Night Football 24/3/15 Empty Re: Tues Night Football 24/3/15

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Aye, it is absolutely ridiculous that we are below them even if we didn't have 5 points docked.

Its also amazing to think that just 2 wins gets us to 8th as long as Alloa & Cowdenbeath keep losing.
    Unfortunately we have to get another point or 3 from somewhere to ensure we stay above them (if they keep losing) cause they play each other on the final day. Imagine us getting the 6 points with wins against the two of them only for them to draw on the last day & send us down!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:58 pm

Could see them getting to HT at 0-0 then both sets of players pissing about with the ball until the final whistle. Can remember 2 teams doing that in either a European group game or World cup qualifier, one team had the ball in their own half and the other team stayed in their own half too as a draw gave them both qualification. Dunno if there is any rule against it.
    Only good thing if it did get to the last game would be one of them being in the play offs (prob Cowden with their GD) and may want to win the game to get safe.

Feck all chance of us getting 6 points though so no need to worry about it.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:11 am

Liviforever wrote:Could see them getting to HT at 0-0 then both sets of players pissing about with the ball until the final whistle. Can remember 2 teams doing that in either a European group game or World cup qualifier, one team had the ball in their own half and the other team stayed in their own half too as a draw gave them both qualification. Dunno if there is any rule against it.
    Only good thing if it did get to the last game would be one of them being in the play offs (prob Cowden with their GD) and may want to win the game to get safe.

Feck all chance of us getting 6 points though so no need to worry about it.

Think you're referring to the World Cup match between West Germany and Austria, West Germany took the lead in the first 10 minutes then after that they all just pissed about as Austria would still go through on GD. Don't think there's a rule against it in the sense that the ref can make them play, but they could be investigated if there's any complaints of match fixing and be punished for that.

Sadly don't think it matters what Cowden and Alloa's results are though, can't see us picking up enough points for it to make a difference.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:17 am

I think we will beat Alloa on Saturday and beat Cowdenbeath too, so every chance we will get the six points required. Hadn't realised they played each other on the last day though, that's not so good.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Surely for such a scenario it wouldn't suit Cowdenbeath to draw the last game as that would put them in the play off whereas a win would lift them out of it?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Smithy wrote:I think we will beat Alloa on Saturday and beat Cowdenbeath too, so every chance we will get the six points required. Hadn't realised they played each other on the last day though, that's not so good.

Can't see it Smithy, lad. Our record away to both sides is poor and this season has been a load of total fuck in general. I predict we'll lose both.

It says a lot about us. Cowdenbeath are absolutely horrific and we've dropped 5 points against them this season. This is the first that I've saw of last nights results, btw. I've completely given up on the league. It's taken 'til March for that to happen but our 'players' gave up on day 1. Just end the season now, I've lost all interest and it's just getting tedious.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Not sure what would be best, if we just lose to Alloa on Saturday to put us all out our misery (killing off any slight glimmer of hope anyone may still harbour), or win and get our hopes up again.

We'd then prob dash them again when we lose to Falkirk and either draw/lose to Cowden. May be kinder to just end it for us now rather than put us through more pain.

Aw hell bring on the pain and maul the Wasps and claw it back to 3 points, mon the Lions.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 pm

High unlikely we'll win at Alloa on Saturday, but if we were to I wouldn't get my hopes up. We're 2 wins behind, can't see where we're gonna get them from and hope Cowden/Alloa drop points. Too inconsistent and not good enough.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Aye but if we beat Alloa we'd only be 1 win behind both of them with a better GD than the two of them, so drawing level on points would put us above them. Can't see us doing it either Lexi as we've blown chance after chance whenever we get ourselves within a win of going above them but as long as it is still there for us may as well keep hoping.

Tbh I think Alloa will pick up a point or 3 too as I see they've got a new striker in with bags of experience and look better than us on the ball, but Cowden are awful so the play off spot isn't beyond us if we can just get a win to give ourselves a chance at catching them.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Judging by our previous form the "glass is half empty" view is probably correct.

However we do need something to look forward to and a win at Alloa would be a start. Being just one game away from the play-offs alone gives us a chance; something to look forward to; to believe in.

Yes; we'll probably get disappointed again and let down but there we go. If I wanted to celebrate a win every week I'd support Chelsea or Madrid?

Personally I prefer to go and watch a local team with the whole experience that that brings; some time those experiences will be bad but hopefully not all the time.

If we end up getting demoted maybe we'll start winning a few games; maybe we'll see a few more youngsters getting the chance; maybe I'll get the chance to go to a few different away games instead of the same group year after year.

Ultimately its not the end of the world - however I still won't believe it will happen until it does; until then I'll continue to hope that we can avoid the drop.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Durn ford keep hoping pal cos we can do it.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:34 am

Just had a look at the remaining games:

Alloa
    Home: Livi; Dumbarton; QoS; Cowdenbeath
    Away: Hearts ; Hibs

Cowdenbeath
    Home:Dumbarton; Livi; Hearts
    Away: Rangers; Falkirk; Raith; Alloa

Livingston
    Home: Falkirk; Rangers; Hibs; QoS
    Away: Alloa; Cowdenbeath; Raith.

Us picking up points at home is going to be a real struggle; we COULD feasibly get maximum points away (likely or not is not my concern at the moment)

Looking at the other fixtures the biggest risk seems to be that both Cowdenbeath and Alloa have to play Dumbarton at home - to be honest I can't see Alloa failing to beat that shower - pretty sure Cowdenbeath will struggle anyway.

To be honest I don't think there's any doubt that Cowdenbeath will finish in the bottom two and if we beat them and Alloa they will probably be bottom.

Alloa are the biggest danger; it may well come down to us having to win against QoS for the last game of the season; that should be some game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Falkirk 1-0 Cowdenbeath FT

Narrow win for Falkirk, thank feck. They don't seem to be doing so well just now, hopefully we can take something off them next Wed before we play Cowden.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:48 pm

Knowing us we'll beat Falkirk & lose in Fife!
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Knowing us we'll beat Falkirk & lose in Fife!
    haha mate anything is possible with this team.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:11 pm

Cowdenbeath are beating Dumbarton by three goals at the moment. Mathematically its still possible but probability wise we're f####d.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Yeah looks like we're knackered, we were relying on Cowden not to get anything up till we played them and then beating them too. Now we're needing 3 wins or 2 and 2 draws to get above them, fat chance. Can't even see us getting 6 points to catch Alloa and the play off place and that's relying on them not to pick up anymore points too.

Both Alloa and Cowden have won a game and got draws recently, we can't buy a win and draws aint good enough when those two keep picking up points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am