The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

20's PLenty

Liviforever
    Liviforever

20's PLenty Empty 20's PLenty

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:26 pm

I see the English Premiership & Championship fans are having a campaign to get a set away game price of £20, they're getting banners made up for games this weekend but some clubs are saying they wont let them in with them. Way to go to alienate the fans, trouble is down there they make that much from TV money they don't actually rely on gate money in the Premiership, fans would have to cancel their subscription to the TV companies to really get the message driven home.

Got me thinking that we should do the same up here, think I read Livibudgie making some suggestion on having away game ST's, might be something in that if all the clubs came together and agreed on a set price for away fans, something like £10 per game, or £8 straight across the board for Adult, Kids and Consessions, and see how it works out over a season.

What's the worst that could happen, we don't get that many away fans from teams like Raith, QoS, Morton, Alloa, or Dumbarton, St Mirren prob wont bring many next week and even Falkirk have only really brought a big support when it was over the xmas period. Wouldn't really need to do a ST though, as you'd prob get more coming if we just had a set price PaTG for away fans.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

20's PLenty Empty Re: 20's PLenty

Post by Auld Nick Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:15 am

Yep, I think at £10 per person you would get bigger crowds across the country...except here. Cause Livi have the whingiest fans around...just ask Lexi jocolor
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Scottish football is massively overpriced but this will not change for years.

We have had this argument for years with Livingston as well, charging over the odds to watch a small club in a small league in a small country.

The argument is always to "look abroad to Germany" but when do you ever see an empty stadium? Even the teams struggling with relegation have full houses. Even dropping the prices to £10 and £5 would attract more people to come, especially with kids. Kids then continue to come, therefore building a stable future for the club.

Teams in Scotland are trying too hard to compete with the old firm ( should I say Celtic now ) when really they should be looking to gradually step up.

But aye £65 a ticket in England to watch a game that is on Sky Sports is a shambles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 pm