The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
Auld Nick
orco
Lexi Collector
9 posters

Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths

Poll

Do you dislike Leigh Griffiths?

[ 6 ]
    Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths  Bar_left67%Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths  Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths  Bar_left33%Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths  Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths  Empty Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Was watching the Celtic game tonight (lol) and Griffiths' hilarious attempt towards the end of the game where he couldn't even hit the target 1 on 1 from about 5 yards out reminded me of a conversation I was having at work yesterday.

A truly horrendous individual I know, calls himself a Livi fan, also claims he likes Leigh Griffiths. His arguments and my counter arguments;

He's a Livi boy and was a good servant to our club - bollocks, couldn't give a fuck about Livi when he sat in the away end for a Dundee game and left for Dundee in 2009. c*** would've been nowhere without us after Falkirk, Rangers and Hibs binned him from their youth set-ups.

He could be a great Scotland international - who gives a fuck about international football and those SFA cuntos? How does he fit into the Scotland team as a 'great international' and when was the last time we had an out and out striker who could be classed as a 'great'? McFadden and Miller were miles ahead of this toad and even Steven Fletcher is better than Griffiths.

That was all he had. He's also a racist thief, and an Old Firm tosser. Is there an SPFL player I hate more than Leigh Griffiths? Nope, he's a dick. You're a Livi fan and all Livi fans should hate Leigh Griffiths.

Lets set the record straight, how much of a wank is he?

orco
    orco

Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths  Empty Re: Lets talk about Leigh Griffiths

Post by orco Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:09 pm

He wasn't at the front of the queue when the brains were given out but he's a guid fitba' player and he can score goals.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Agreed Orco. He seems to be a bit of a Ned and utterly unlikeable as a person. However he knows how to score in our diddy league.

IMO he is more likely to score than Fletcher whose main claim to international fame is 2 hat tricks against Gibraltar, even though he probably had 10 other chances in each game that he missed.

I don't think Strachan likes him very much, probably because he is selfish in front of goal & Strachan is all about the team. I'm all for a good team ethic but when you have someone that can score all sorts of ways then I think you have to work them into the line up.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:47 pm

A half decent player, fucking arsehole of a person.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:57 am

I made a highlights clip of him on YouTube so clearly rated him in the past but now I can't stand the boy.

As I tweeted last week, I'm unsure whether him or Jamie Vardy is the biggest ned.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:51 am

Can't say I didn't cheer for him when he played for us but since he moved to Dundee, it's just comical with some of things he's done and will continue to do. Even if Massone wasn't in charge and we never had the issues with him, I think Griffiths would've wanted to leave considering there were a few clubs after him and even then, the attention was getting to his head. Would be interesting to know how much of his goals accumulated to points during his spell with us.

Still remember when it was the 08/09 PotY awards and there was aggro because Griffiths accused Keaghan Jacobs of trying to get into his (then) bird. What followed was arguing, a bitch slap to Griffiths' choppers (from the girlfriend) and a make up between the three. Best bit was seeing Griffiths and his girlfriend cuddling into each other on the floor outside the Almondvale suite toilets while some steamboat was saying he was gonna be a star for Newcastle(?). What a night it was.

Anyway, the guy is an utter diddy.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:58 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:I made a highlights clip of him on YouTube so clearly rated him in the past but now I can't stand the boy.

As I tweeted last week, I'm unsure whether him or Jamie Vardy is the biggest ned.
    El Why don't you make a highlights clip of big Jordan White who has scored 21 goals,some very important ones,for us in 42 starts.just watched an interview on west Lothian courier website and the bigman comes across really well, far better character than Griffiths imo
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 am

No doubt a talented player, but a deplorable arsehole who clearly has an IQ of the same magnitude as his shoe size. The fact he's back in Scotland at Celtic after making a relative arse of it in England is galling given his initial burst on to the scene.

Agree with Lexi in that it was pretty unsavoury he was in the Dundee end for a game against us, I normally wouldn't let that sort of thing bother me but a wee bit of respect for the club who gave you a break wouldn't go amiss you ned fuck.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:23 am

Smithy wrote:
    EdinburghLivi wrote:I made a highlights clip of him on YouTube so clearly rated him in the past but now I can't stand the boy.

El Why don't you make a highlights clip of big Jordan White who has scored 21 goals,some very important ones,for us in 42 starts.just watched an interview on west Lothian courier website and the bigman comes across really well, far better character than Griffiths imo

Great idea, Smithy. That's what Livingston is all about, guys like Jordan White who score big goals and want to be at the club. Looking forward to your stats this weekend 'cause I think the big man will score at Morton.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Great player for Livi, one of the best Livi goals I've seen was his winner against Dunfermline. He did a double pirouette and drag back before sticking it through the keepers legs, celebrated like feck after that and was almost threatened outside when I laughed at a Pars fans seething comments about Livi, FAF.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:30 pm

LiviCub wrote:Can't say I didn't cheer for him when he played for us but since he moved to Dundee, it's just comical with some of things he's done and will continue to do. Even if Massone wasn't in charge and we never had the issues with him, I think Griffiths would've wanted to leave considering there were a few clubs after him and even then, the attention was getting to his head. Would be interesting to know how much of his goals accumulated to points during his spell with us.

Still remember when it was the 08/09 PotY awards and there was aggro because Griffiths accused Keaghan Jacobs of trying to get into his (then) bird. What followed was arguing, a bitch slap to Griffiths' choppers (from the girlfriend) and a make up between the three. Best bit was seeing Griffiths and his girlfriend cuddling into each other on the floor outside the Almondvale suite toilets while some steamboat was saying he was gonna be a star for Newcastle(?). What a night it was.

Anyway, the guy is an utter diddy.
    Hahahaha what a story, Mark.

Liviforever wrote:Great player for Livi, one of the best Livi goals I've seen was his winner against Dunfermline. He did a double pirouette and drag back before sticking it through the keepers legs, celebrated like feck after that and was almost threatened outside when I laughed at a Pars fans seething comments about Livi, FAF.

Yeah, I'll give him that. So many good goals when we were top of the league with Calum Elliot also banging them in.

Smithy wrote:

If I ever have time, I'd absolutely love to. Very much deserving of it and seems a nice guy from his tweets to some members on here. Also loves trolling thick Falkirk fans who abuse him, which I think is worth a mention.

Last edited by EdinburghLivi on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 pm