The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
orco
EdinburghLivi
Troy
Afro
LiviCub
Smithy
Auld Nick
AMF
Achilles
Liviforever
14 posters

Livi v Dumbarton

orco
    orco

Livi v Dumbarton - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Dumbarton

Post by orco Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:38 am

The fact that Gary Glen got 90 minutes while Buchanan sat on the bench says it all for me. Unbelievable!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks for your efforts Mark, but it's time to say goodbye I'm afraid. I think enough is enough - with the players we have, we should not be 9th in the Championship. Burchill is right, we are a mid-table side, we need a manager who can take us there. We needed 6/6, 1/6 is nowhere near acceptable.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:05 pm

I know its the time of year for giving gifts but seriously Livi your having a laugh.As for Burchill,tacticly nieve and manageriely out of his depth.He must have the warmest hands in the stadium having never taken them out of his pockets.Why he didnt take White off instead of Sheerin il never know,and you could see that Buchannon was itching to come on.Reckon he could have made a difference with his pace and eye for goal.Anyways another glorious chance to get the fans back on board wasted.Well done Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Thanks for your efforts Mark, but it's time to say goodbye I'm afraid. I think enough is enough - with the players we have, we should not be 9th in the Championship. Burchill is right, we are a mid-table side, we need a manager who can take us there. We needed 6/6, 1/6 is nowhere near acceptable.

Gary Bollan is available after being sacked by Airdrie.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:45 am

Can't see Bollan taking the job given what happened regarding his exit here, plus he seems keen on moving closer to his home in Dundee. I'm seeing him being linked heavily with the Forfar job in a few places, which makes sense. You can't turn time back anyway, as great as Gary was here in guiding us through the divisions building a solid and exciting team in the process, a quick look at the Airdrie fans' views on P&B tell a pretty worrying story... Maybe a case of wrong man at the wrong club but certainly a majority on there are happy to see the back of him.

As for Saturday, I can only really echo what others have said regarding the management. Can't really blame the players for this one to the extent they were for the Alloa result, I just can't believe we're still at the stage where players are in this team in positions that are clearly not suited for them. A flat back four doesn't work for us with the players we've got, Neill isn't a RB and a far better team than Dumbarton would've easily taken advantage of it had Burchill pulled that switch in another game. Was obvious earlier in the season that that doesn't work for us, utterly mystifying why we switch to it and just invite pressure on ourselves. The lack of subs doesn't help in that regard, as much as I appreciate White's effort every game, he wasn't really at the races on Saturday and should've been switched with Buchanan, who should provide a very good option at this level. That Burchill still hasn't found a way to get anywhere near the best out of someone who netted so many goals for a very shite team last year is fairly indicative of where his tenure is heading, unfortunately. Every manager has their favourites but how some of them are lasting 90 minutes is disturbing. Poor squad management probably has a lot to do with that, which again lies at the door of the manager. I said it last week, and I'll say it again: if the club are going to go with Burchill, he needs an experienced assistant. I just don't see any tactical nous to any great degree from either MB or Hopkins at the moment. Based on last year I would definitely say Burchill has something about him, I'm still yet to be convinced if he can take us any direction but sideways. If he goes though, who do you bring in? Can we even afford to let him go and bring in someone else?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:42 am

I went to the Airdrie v Dunfermline game a few weeks ago when our game was off and sat in the Airdrie end, their fans were moaning like feck all game about Bollan's tactics playing one striker up front. Perhaps like we were against Sevco at the time they were scoring 5 goals a game. Anyway, he took them from struggling down the bottom to 4th and 5th in the table so couldn't really understand their moaning, that's football fans for you though, one minute they're relegation candidates, the next they're promotion play off contenders and still now happy.

Yeah he's linked to Forfar which as you say is closer to home so doubt he'd come here, shame though as I'd have him back in a second.

If Burchill would screw the nut with his substitutions I'd forgive the odd tactical error, he's still a young manager learning the game and will make mistakes, needs to learn from them though and not be a stubborn feck sticking with something that is just plain wrong like a certain manager we had not that long ago.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Piss poor how the only change Burchill made was dropping Buchanan for Sheerin (which was the right call to be fair) when he should've also brought in Hippolyte as he was the 'best' player against Alloa. Also, Buchanan should've been brought in instead of Mullen considering the score and lack of match fitness.

I've came to the opinion now that Faria shouldn't be playing these games considering he slows everything down even more in the midfield and his technique is abysmal at times. Much more useful against the likes of Rangers, Hibs etc.
    AMF

Post by AMF Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Burchills record is shite. Livi won 8 and drew 8 last season, we lost 20! We failed to compete with those teams at the bottom last season (Alloa we got 5pts, Cowdenbeath 7pts and Dumbarton 3 pts) and its the same again this season. Lets face it we pumped a poor Alloa side in the final but didnt pump them in the league enough.
    we have the players but they are too inconsistent, results are poor and the standard on a Saturday leaves a lot to be desired. Its like watching paint dry. Id bin a number of players but Burchill gave some 2 year contracts. So the buck ends with him. We could be relegated this season and financially that would be a disaster for the club. Getting someone new may mean more money being handed out but long term it could be beneficial
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:09 pm

"2nd half we got a bit panicky, the fans got panicky............"

Naw Burchill the fans could see we were needing to bring on subs and were going to concede a goal, we got frigging frustrated by you not doing anything.

Agree with him that we needed to stop hoofing it up the pitch and get on the ball to play it about, but when we weren't doing that why didn't he bring on Buchanan and Hippo who are ball players? Arghhhhhh!!
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Could we get Ian Murray?
    AMF

Post by AMF Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:30 pm

"2nd half we got a bit panicky, the fans got panicky............"

we didnt panic against The Rangers when we were 1-0 down so why would we panic against a team we are leading 1-0 and up to the point they scored had only one shot on goal? That comment is a nail in his coffin as he should be able to calm nerves, replace those he sees faltering but didnt.

Burchill is an arse
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Bollan was never really available with him leaving Airdrie so he could go to Forfar. Mourinho on the other hand...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:38 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:Could we get Ian Murray?

David Moyes?

Could come and give Burchill a hand till the end of the season same as Knox did with Gough, bit of experience to help him out. Would give him something to do with his time, mon Dave you know you want to.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:49 pm

That panicky quote is a disgrace; now I'm glad he's gone.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Need to change my avatar now. lol!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Watch the highlights and you'll be reminded that the defending which led to Dumbarton's corner for their equaliser is comical.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

It didn't make me laugh live & it didn't do so on video either.

I wouldn't have said comical, rank yes, comical no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am