The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LiviLion
Liviforever
6 posters

Congratulations

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Congratulations Empty Congratulations

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 21, 2016 6:47 pm

An historical day in Scottish football today. I have disliked Hibs my entire life but when Stokes equalised today, I said something I never thought I'd say in my life, I said "C'mon the Hi-bees!!!"
    Another thing I never thought I'd say in my lifetime is "The ref was superb". And finally something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

Congratulations to them on winning an excellent cup final.

Also, I don't condone the pitch invasion but in all honesty can anyone blame them? 114 years and no one alive who witnessed the last time they won it. The description of it by Andy Walker on Sky was sensationalist in the extreme, he blew it entirely out of proportion. He kept saying "We shouldn't be talking about fans on the pitch, it's disgusting, they have tarnished this victory, we should be talking about the game, not the fans."

So talk about the game Andy ya moron!!!!

I thought Stubbs interview on Sky was superb tho. He said he didn't condone the invasion especially as it was delaying them getting to lift the cup. The interviewer then asked "Does their behaviour take the shine off the win?" And Stubbs went up immensely in my estimation with his reply "No! It's been 114 years of hurt for the club...." Well said big fella!

And just to revert to type, here's hoping its at least 114 years until they win it again! lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Congratulations Empty Re: Congratulations

Post by Liviforever Sat May 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Sevco Hibsed it. Canny defend corners to save themselves either. Don't like Hibs but was glad they won cause I dislike the currant buns more.

Mon Palace in the English game, ref is murder in that game.

*edit. Bummer, Palace lost, aw well at least Hibs won to end their Scottish cup drought.

Mon Falkirk tomorrow.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat May 21, 2016 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat May 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Brilliant achievement for them and even I felt a bit emotional at the winner and with them belting out SOL (poor show from BBC not even showing it, they all threw the toys out the pram because Rangers didn't win - pleasing).

Hopefully our turn soon, or am I being too hopeful?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 21, 2016 9:38 pm

It is now being reported that some Hun players were assaulted and needed medical attention after the pitch invasion. If true then that behaviour is unacceptable but Walker still blew it out of proportion.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Sun May 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Don't condone the sevco players getting assaulted they're only doing their job but the balloons in blue who came onto the pitch,no sympathy what's so ever,you lost go home!! Was delighted for Hibs at the end and who can begrudge them it,114yrs of hurt at an end!! As for our media,they are an absolute disgrace,they are bumming this out of proportion because they're beloved shitty team have lost(again),it's a deflection game from them and they should be ashamed. I have seen more trouble on a Saturday nite along Whitburn main street than what I saw yesterday!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:It is now being reported that some Hun players were assaulted and needed medical attention after the pitch invasion. If true then that behaviour is unacceptable but Walker still blew it out of proportion.

Meant to be a video of a Hibs fan being assaulted by a Sevco player, don't really know what is true here so until actual evidence is put forward i'm not believing any of the stuff the Sevco media are saying.

As WV says it is all just sour grapes from Sevco to deflect attention away from their defeat. Them taking the moral high ground is laughable, given their fans track record for disgraceful behaviour.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Someone posted that on here yesterday but the post has been deleted.

Also....our "twitter" congratulated Huns on when they won the Petrofac....so why has it not congratulated Hibs on ending their multigenerational wait?

So.... I wonder if as big a "thing" will be made of the fact that Dundee are now 106 years since they last won the Scottish Cup as has been made about Hibs long drought.

United fans take great delight singing "1910, never again" (I believe to the Tom Hark tune)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 22, 2016 11:42 pm

133 years since Dumbarton's won it.

Aye our twitter wont want to get on the wrong side of Sevco fans, they're Sevco apologists at Livi now. You can be sure they'd have been all over the Livi twitter congratulating Sevco if they'd won the Scottish cup though.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sun May 22, 2016 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun May 22, 2016 11:48 pm

Anyone seen The Rangers' statement?

Praising their fans first, and now justifying their actions. Apparently it's okay to invade the pitch to fight, swing/throw corner flags about, and even try and snatch a child (genuinely creepy and couldn't believe it until I saw the video - still can't) because for some reason they seem to think that any club's fans would do the same.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Apparently the excuse they're going with is they were only protecting their players from being attacked by Hibs fans. You couldn't make it up, Sevco fc are priceless.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon May 23, 2016 12:35 am

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14509303.Rangers_hit_out_at_SFA__Hibernian__the_Government_and_the_media_following_Hampden_riots/

Gee whiz theyre all getting it. The Scottish Government, the SFA, Hibs and the media, all a disgrace.
    "Rangers demands that players staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of other clubs."
    I kinda thought that Rangers fans had cornered the market on hatred.

Over the top statements like that diminish any sympathy I would have. If their players and staff were assaulted in any way then that is not acceptable but they look to be milking this for all its worth.

This is Rangers were talking about here, Rangers!! The irony.  Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 23, 2016 1:28 am

From what I've seen Wallace wasn't assaulted he ducked and then had a swing back. Brinquin got worse from a Hearts fan when they invaded the pitch at our end of season game at Tynecastle the season we came 3rd in the SPL, he got slapped on the head by a Jambo running past him. Funny I never saw anything mentioned in the media about that though, not a jot.

I don't condone it, some Hibs fans acted like arseholes (as did Sevco fans that went on the pitch) but it is blown out of proportion by Sevco, they're absolutely beelin they're getting no sympathy for trying to act the victims.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Tue May 24, 2016 4:48 pm

This just keeps getting better,it truly do's!!! Elect Dave king as first minister,Jim traynor for deputy first minister,and have their fans take over from Police Scotland!! I sneaked onto Follow Follow via the pie n bovril,oh my god you want to read what they actually believe!! Absolutely lost the plot!! As for the spineless yellow scum that are our board,what a disgrace,if they think the LFC fans want to pander and be pally with Sevco forget it,we can't stand them,who do's now...some airdrie,jambos,killie that's about it!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 24, 2016 9:02 pm

It has been blown out of proportion in the news now, what a joke comparing it to 1980 and pitch battles. Course they just jumped on the opportunity to rule out drinking inside grounds during games ever being allowed again. Only in Scotland is this nonsense allowed to exist, that football fans are treated like 2nd class citizens.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 25, 2016 11:45 am

Liviforever wrote:It has been blown out of proportion in the news now, what a joke comparing it to 1980 and pitch battles. Course they just jumped on the opportunity to rule out drinking inside grounds during games ever being allowed again. Only in Scotland is this nonsense allowed to exist, that football fans are treated like 2nd class citizens.

Saw the "minister" interviewed on television using this as justification for not allowing the sale of alcohol at football matches and wondered what plane of reality he actually exists.

Being old enough to remember going to games when alcohol was on sale it was almost impossible to get drunk at a game because:
    1. The queues often meant that you were unable to get more than a could of visits in at a game unless you wanted to miss the majority of the game.
    2. The plastic "squeezy" cups meant it was almost impossible to carry more than a couple of "glasses"v at the same time.
    3. Invariably the beer on sale was Whitbread Tankard or similar rubbish but good enough for those than couldn't wait the couple of hours between drinks
    4. there was less desire to get leggless before a game because you had to wait between rounds
    5. There was less last minute crush at the turnstiles as people left it too late to fit that last round in before the game

Bearing in mind you can easily buy beer at rugby or virtually any other sporting event and strangely that never results in a riot.

If you really want to ensure there's no drunkenness at football games how about a five mile sale of alcohol exclusion limit? I'm pretty sure that would really upset people - I've seen people getting into a real paddy at lidl's on match day when they wanted to buy a bottle of Chardonnay for the evening and being told to come back at 6:30 or whenever.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 pm

The thing I find really strange in their logic is people can get pissed up pre match and binge drink  on their way to the game, so really what is gained by not selling drink inside the ground?

The argument for selling it could be that those binge drinking would not have the need to do so. You could also limit the sale to one/two drink(s) per person so you couldn't get folk buying 6 at a time, just for a test period initially to see how it goes.

Bottom line is the police don't want alcohol sold, but they shouldn't have more than an advisory opinion on this, and I wouldn't expect them to say any different, they're always going to go against it as they think it makes their job easier. Truth is though, those that go over the score will do so anyway and I really don't think it would make any difference to what you see now when alcohol isn't sold inside the ground.
    You're always going to get a few arseholes at games where Sevco/Celtic are involved, and esp when they play one another, that wont change even if everyone was completely sober, but compared to the 80's it is night and day and hardly even news worthy. Culture at games has changed, you don't see riots down in EPL games where drink is sold inside the ground and they were as bad as anyone for fighting at games in the 80's. Complete joke Scotland is the only Country still under this ban.

To use the Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden as a reason not to sell alcohol though is taking liberties, that was not a normal circumstances kind of game so there is no way you can use it as an example. 114 years of not winning the Scottish cup saw an outpour of euphoria, Hibs fans emotions went into overdrive as they poured onto the pitch, and it wasn't a running pitch battle nonsense they were trying to portray in the news either, complete nonsense.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Lack of booze on sale inside grounds doesn't bother me at all as I don't touch it anyway. However, as people are free to get off their face before they go and no one seems to enforce the legitimate right to refuse entry to someone who is clearly drunk then there does seem to be an illogical argument against selling it inside.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Lack of booze on sale inside grounds doesn't bother me at all as I don't touch it anyway. However, as people are free to get off their face before they go and no one seems to enforce the legitimate right to refuse entry to someone who is clearly drunk then there does seem to be an illogical argument against selling it inside.

At most home games and the occasional away one, when i'm not doing the driving, I enjoy a pre match pint or 4, not really bothered about not having one inside the ground as i'm used to it but prob would if it was allowed. It just seems strange the argument against it and as you just said nobody enforces refusing entry to people who have had a few too many pre match.
    Also seems very strange when I've been to a Scotland rugby game and I walk past police officers and i'm carrying a bottle of beer into Murrayfield, I felt like I was doing something wrong. Laughing

Football clubs are losing out on a lot of revenue with this archaic ban still being enforced and it doesn't look like it will be lifted anytime soon. Clubs could prob take the SFA to a European court for restricting free trade. Also it is completely ridiculous that we have this ban in Scotland when England is fine with football fans buying drink during a game of football, it is just blatant discrimination on Scottish football fans.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Thu May 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Apparently kezia dugdale is a hibbee and tweeted her congratulations to her team,just like Nicola sturgeon did,so where is the condemnation towards kez, as the scottish government tweeted a day later condemming the scenes,is it because keszia is a unionist!! Oh dear sevco,are you a football team or a political organization!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 26, 2016 2:11 pm

I hope all the Sevco fans that went on the pitch get hammered with fines, they def went on to cause trouble. Their excuse was they were trying to protect their players from the bad Hibees. lol!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Must admit a slight smile when STV news announced that 100,000 Hibernian supporters turned out to celebrate the tour of the cup through Edinburgh.....
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 26, 2016 11:14 pm

Is that all? Apparently 250,000 turned out for Hearts touring the city when they won it. Always thought Hearts had the bigger support but not by that much
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri May 27, 2016 8:45 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Is that all? Apparently 250,000 turned out for Hearts touring the city when they won it. Always thought Hearts had the bigger support but not by that much

Okay but I did wonder what happened to the other 98,800 last time they visited the Vale cyclops
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Come on Durnford, it's Almondvale, capacity just under 10,000 not the Tardis! lol!

To be fair to Hibs, Leicester had a similar turn out and they get nowhere near that amount when they play either. Not everyone that has an allegiance to a team can go to games but they can all attend a free parade. That's why I dislike the "plastic fans" insult.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Same for their cup finals though, they get 20 odd thousand there against Sevco, 30 odd in the league cup final but under 10 thousand attend their home games. We had 3 or 4 thousand extra fans at our final too right enough, big games attract a one off type high attendance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:36 am