The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Auld Nick
Liviforever
forzalfc
7 posters

Injuries

forzalfc

Injuries Empty Injuries

Post by forzalfc Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Anyone know the latest on the injury front? We've a few players who haven't featured at all in pre-season/ Betfred Cup, and we're looking pretty thin on the ground.

Cadden, Robinson & Brown haven't featured at all yet.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Injuries Empty Re: Injuries

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Cadden still not recovered from his injury last season and one of the ex East Fife players had an operation on an injury during pre season. Jacko also had an op but is now back playing, think the ex  EF player is training so can't be far away.

There were a few knocks against St Mirren but nothing too serious, just be bruises and Carrick got a dead leg.

We could do with signing a CB to replace Crighton though, if Halkett hadn't managed to carry on against St Mirren after a lengthy bit of treatment we'd have had to use Todorov in defence again.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:43 am

Got a program on Saturday and just read it last night, it has an update on injured players and said Carrick had a slight hamstring injury prior to the Partick Th game. Hopefully that wont be a problem throughout the season.

Cadden has a slight Achilles problem that made him miss out on pre season.

Robinson had an op during the close season, same as Longridge.

Brown twisted his ankle in training and would likely be out for 4 weeks.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Cadden was an unused sub on Saturday tho
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Anyone know what has happened to Gallagher, not seen a word about him being out our last 2 games.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:30 pm

I saw him and his partner walking along Easter Road on Tuesday after the game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Did ye no ask him what was wrong that he wasn't playing and when he thinks he'll be back?

Must've been gutted at missing the quarter final against Hibs.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 pm

He was crossing the road when I saw him and I didnae fancy running after him. Smile
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Wonder how Rafa and Cadden are doing injury wise. Is Robinson injured, not seen him around recently, he wasn't even on the subs bench the last 2 games.

Anyone know if Rafa is back training, it has been a few weeks since his injury in the match against Hibs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Boyd, our loan player from Accies is said to have a dislocated shoulder, and Keaghan got an injury in the Dumbarton game (don't think it is anything serious).
    McMillan hasn't been seen for a while so he may still be carrying an injury, Ross Brown is still not playing but last I read he was back recovered from his injury and was training again.

Apart from that I think we're over the flu bug that hit the squad and everyone else is fine and injury free.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Completely forgot McMillan and Brown existed tbh. Was Penrice suspended or injured for yesterday's game? Only got 1 more game for us before he's away back to Partick so hopefully he can play in it.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 pm

McMillan is due to head back from his loan this week I believe. With Boyd, Keaghan & Brown out, and Declan suspended tomorrow it leaves us pretty thin on the ground.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Think we currently have five players out on loan at the moment. With such a threadbare side is it really a wise strategy?
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Durnford wrote:Think we currently have five players out on loan at the moment. With such a threadbare side is it really a wise strategy?

To be fair, how many of them are genuine first team quality? Out of them all I'd say Ogilvie has impressed me most; Hamilton and Sampson haven't really shone but they have both been banging in the goals for the respective sides. Henderson seems highly rated by the coaching staff and his time with Cowdenbeath will be a chance for him to get some experience in senior football. By all accounts, Peters hasn't been in and around a middling Forfar side, which doesn't really bode well for his future here.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Afro wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Think we currently have five players out on loan at the moment. With such a threadbare side is it really a wise strategy?

To be fair, how many of them are genuine first team quality? Out of them all I'd say Ogilvie has impressed me most; Hamilton and Sampson haven't really shone but they have both been banging in the goals for the respective sides. Henderson seems highly rated by the coaching staff and his time with Cowdenbeath will be a chance for him to get some experience in senior football. By all accounts, Peters hasn't been in and around a middling Forfar side, which doesn't really bode well for his future here.

Sampson has apparently scored seven goals in eleven appearances - I appreciate its junior level and defences wont be as good but neither will your supporting players so you'll be expected to do a lot more of the creative side - and the goal's the same size (someone should tell Carrick).

Peter's been a bit of a disappointment; he started to show promise against Kilmarnock pre-season but has, by many accounts, been very poor for Forfar. Hardly seen anything of Hamilton or Henderson but who knows. Surely its better than having a gap on the bench; after all players getting injured in the warm up isn't exactly unknown.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Wasn't Peters at Forfar last season & loaned back to them? Maybe he stood out in a decent 4th tier side but like his team mates is struggling at the higher level. And maybe with better players he would do ok.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Looks like Lee Miller will be out for a while, reading he has a tear in his cruciate ligament, that could take 6 months to mend after an op if it's his ACL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content