The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ol1vercloff
Auld Nick
Liviforever
Durnford
LiviLion
Troy
10 posters

Danny Mullen.

Durnford

Danny Mullen. - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Mullen.

Post by Durnford Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:59 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Cheers D. As usual I was relying on the official news on the official site which seems to be less informative than the unofficial social media postings of a local reporter.

With respect to the official site it probably wasn't appropriate to include financial detail in a "we're sorry to lose you/good luck for the future" type communication.

Callum Carson has generally been pretty reliable with his info even though, at the end of the day, he is a tabloid journalist.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 am

ol1vercloff wrote:Feels like we have just mugged St Mirren off.  They could have waited until the end of the season and got him for hee haw.  Good luck to Danny though, felt he started to stall a bit over the last two seasons.  I await him hitting some mad scoring form and his career taking off.

Laughing

And in the meantime St Mirren play Mullen without correctly registering him and are hit with a ten point penalty.

santa
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Durnford wrote:
    ol1vercloff wrote:Feels like we have just mugged St Mirren off.  They could have waited until the end of the season and got him for hee haw.  Good luck to Danny though, felt he started to stall a bit over the last two seasons.  I await him hitting some mad scoring form and his career taking off.

Laughing

And in the meantime St Mirren play Mullen without correctly registering him and are hit with a ten point penalty.

santa

As long as we don't do the same with Boyd, someone on P&B noticed we've got him down as our No 10, Danny's number, and said we wont be able to do that till Jan, after Danny is officially away, wouldn't be like us to break the rules. Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Laughing

Yeah on the face of it we've got ourselves the best deal possible considering he wanted away and would've left for nothing in the summer. However St Mirren might not have got him if they had waited, other parties were interested but were wanting to wait till he was a free agent.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 pm

I see wee Danny reckons St Mirren's style of football will suit him better than Livi's direct approach, maybe that's why he's not been taking shots from outside the box this season, certainty he'll lash one in from 25 yards against us.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:23 am

Mullen certainly deserves credit where it's due. He'll be a massive loss and it will be a struggle to replace a player like him for the short-term even with the loan signing. I'll be the first to say I was wrong if Boyd gets on the score sheet regularly.

I still find it incredible that he was trusted up front ahead of more 'experienced' strikers in a cup final and relegation battle just weeks after turning 20.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:35 am

Liviforever wrote:

Laughing

Yeah on the face of it we've got ourselves the best deal possible considering he wanted away and would've left for nothing in the summer. However St Mirren might not have got him if they had waited, other parties were interested but were wanting to wait till he was a free agent.

Possibly. But as much as Danny is an ok player, I can't see him being top of a promotion chasing Championship team's summer shopping list.

Had similar feelings when Falkirk paid money for Hippo. Now that was a proper mugging! But then it turns out Hippo has since learned to track back and occasionally shift his lazy arse into a sprint since signing for them.

Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 am

ol1vercloff wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Laughing

Possibly.  But as much as Danny is an ok player, I can't see him being top of a promotion chasing Championship team's summer shopping list.  

Had similar feelings when Falkirk paid money for Hippo.  Now that was a proper mugging!  But then it turns out Hippo has since learned to track back and occasionally shift his lazy arse into a sprint since signing for them.

Rolling Eyes

Time will tell, but I think St Mirren have got a good deal, he's got the ability to play in the SPFL Premiership or League One down South, hopefully he gets a move from St Mirren and we get the sell on fee from the deal too. Could do with keeping his gob shut after being tackled though, he gets too many bookings for dissent.

Agree with you about Hippo though, that was def a great deal for us. He's a good player when things are going well but wouldn't want him in a relegation fight, don't think he's been getting games recently for Falkirk, or at least when they were playing games, they're as bad as us with postponements.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Doesn't 100% sound like its a done deal.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

I guess he is restricted in what he can say given that the transfer window isn't open and Danny is on a (farcical) emergency loan.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm

And yet other reports have said its signed, sealed & delivered.

Be interesting to see what happens if he gets injured.

I agree with the farcical bit Orco, how can it be an emergency loan only for us to bring someone in on an emergency loan, our emergency was to replace someone we let go on an emergency. Simply weird.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

The other thing I don't like is this pre contract agreement. As we found out with Calum Elliott it was not binding. Also if a player enters into a pre contract agreement then there is less incentive for him to bust a gut in the second half of the season since he knows he will have a job for the next. January is the transfer window and players should go then or stay. It might give a club like ours the opportunity to give a better offer to a player who is more likely to take it knowing he is out of contract at the end of the season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm

The emergency loan is only using a loophole to get a player in outside the transfer window, same as bring in trialists to play when you're under a transfer embargo was for Dundee a few years ago, and they could play 3 games (?) then you got more trialists for the next 3 games. It's just called playing the game and showing up the rules.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content