The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Duffy Dumped

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Duffy Dumped Empty Duffy Dumped

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Just saw on SSN that Morton have dumped Jim Duffy. Disappointing end to the season for them as they were in contention for 4th but ended up 7th.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Duffy Dumped Empty Re: Duffy Dumped

Post by Liviforever Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 am

Bookies have Hoppy 3rd favourite for the job. They have McCoist as 2nd fave though. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Hoppy does have a Morton connection though & is a Greenock boy.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 am

He's a shareholder too, not really an upward move for him though, he'd at best get them to where he's got us, and I doubt he'd be able to do it in one season without building them up over a couple of seasons. I think he'd want his next move to be either into the SPFL top tier or down South League One/Championship.

I think it is just the usual list everyone puts up, Hoppy, Aitken, Danny Lennon etc, be a bit shite him persuading our players to sign an extension and him going to another Championship team too.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 am

Liviforever wrote:He's a shareholder too, not really an upward move for him though, he'd at best get them to where he's got us, and I doubt he'd be able to do it in one season without building them up over a couple of seasons. I think he'd want his next move to be either into the SPFL top tier or down South League One/Championship.

I think it is just the usual list everyone puts up, Hoppy, Aitken, Danny Lennon etc, be a bit shite him persuading our players to sign an extension and him going to another Championship team too.

I saw that on P&B but I didnt think it was allowed.

Basically similar to the Rankin thing of owning a share in one club but having a controlling influence in another?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:He's a shareholder too, not really an upward move for him though, he'd at best get them to where he's got us, and I doubt he'd be able to do it in one season without building them up over a couple of seasons. I think he'd want his next move to be either into the SPFL top tier or down South League One/Championship.

Basically similar to the Rankin thing of owning a share in one club but having a controlling influence in another?

No idea, isn't the same thing though, unless he has shares in Livi too. Suspect affraid

Didn't stop Hoppy gubbing them 4 times this season though, his loyalty is clearly to the club he manages.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

No idea, isn't the same thing though, unless he has shares in Livi too. Suspect  affraid

Didn't stop Hoppy gubbing them 4 times this season though, his loyalty is clearly to the club he manages.

As I recall Rankin didnt necessarily have shares in the other club (Alloa or Dumbarton I think) but weren't they in the ownership of a mother and her daughter which the authorities deemed he had undue influence over?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 02, 2018 8:23 pm

It was East Fife, and he answered the door to the STV reporters at her house, then tried to say he had his office there and it was purely a business involvement. Suspect lol!

Yeah he was fooling no one with his story of having nothing to do with East Fife.

He sold Dumbarton but was still owed a couple of hundred grand, but his involvement was over at their club and he had no influence there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 am