The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
orco
Liviforever
6 posters

Hearts v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hearts v Livi Empty Hearts v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:42 am

Looking forward to this one, 1st v 3rd, who'd have put money on that being the positions the two teams would be in 6 games into the season.

Tough game against a physical team with a big lump of a guy up front, i'm glad Lithgow is playing and not Saunders, it should be a good contest between our back 3 and Ikpeazu, Naismith will be a handful too, the boy is banging them in just now.
    Despite all that and Hearts being top with 5 wins out of 5,  i'm quite optimistic we can get something here, I don't think we did ourselves justice against Celtic in the league opener but now we're back playing the way we like and our team is pretty settled at the back I think we can give Hearts a right good game.

Robinson will be looking to prove a point against them after being dumped by them too, would be sweet if he scores a goal, and Hardie will be back playing, either from the start or a good 30 mins in the 2nd half. Bring it on I say, lets be the first team to beat them, or at least get a draw and take some points off them. Mon the Amber Machine. bounce

Oh and I really want to wipe that wee smug smile/smirk off Michael Stewart's face, the one you see on Sportscene when he dismisses us as being serious competition to worry about. Christ even Sutherland is starting to give us some respect but not Stewart.
    orco
    orco

Hearts v Livi Empty Re: Hearts v Livi

Post by orco Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:57 pm

I wonder how many free kicks Naismith will get. He really is a serial diver or as the commentary teams say "he is clever!" Hmmf. Rolling Eyes
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Stewart did say we ought to play to our strengths though & mentioned we have guys who can play. So even if his eye lashes need a good short back & sides & he’s a smug git, he is starting to recognise we are better than he expected.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Aye but also it's getting on my wick them putting it down to soley our way of playing is suited to playing on our plastic pitch with the pellets, if they care to check up on us, we did pretty well away from home last season and didn't play on plastic at home either. I'd absolutely love if we beat Hearts on their grass pitch too, just to shut them the feck up about that nonsense as well.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Aye, the pitch is a great leveller, it brings us down to the level of the opposition
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm hoping Sibbald is back for this game, prob wont start but he should at least make the bench and come on as sub. With Hardie not allowed to play against Sevco I think Sibbald will be vital for that game, playing just in behind the strikers. He has brilliant ball control and a very good eye for threading a pass.

It's really tough picking a midfield 5 just now, quite a few players that have something to offer, Byrne and Pittman are 2 stick ons to start so that just leaves 3 and Lamie & Lawless will prob take up 2 of those spots playing as wingbacks.

I like having Keaghan in there with Pitts and Byrne too when we're playing against dominant teams, he gives us another pittbull to break up play and win balls in our own half.

The likes of Kaja will prob interchange with Lawless, but looks like Lawless has got ahead of him as a starting player. Good option from the bench though. Once Hardie is fully fit and starting games Robinson may well drop to the bench or interchange with Menga. I like Robinson but i'd have Sibbald ahead of him in midfield.

Good headache to have for Holt right enough, we've a really strong midfield.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:24 pm

I think we will give a good account of ourselves but ultimately come up short

Hearts 1 Livingston 0

FG 56 mins
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Honestly,the bile coming from some Hearts fans in saying oh its only another of the diddy teams coming to Tynecastle and that the points are already in the bag really pisses me off but there again i guess that was their intention in the first place.The amount of times over the years that weve been underestimated by so called superior opponents at their inevitable cost are to numerous to mention.Imagine just imagine if we were to beat this lot on their own patch the seeth that would come from all quarters about them having an off day and how lucky we were.I sincerely hope that Gary doesnt set us up to play for a point tommorow although i believe we are good enough on our day to get just that.Momentum is with both sides,i just hope that ours comes to the fore.It surely couldnt happen again,could it?.Cmon Livi enjoy and do it!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Troy wrote:Honestly,the bile coming from some Hearts fans in saying oh its only another of the diddy teams coming to Tynecastle and that the points are already in the bag really pisses me off but there again i guess that was their intention in the first place.The amount of times over the years that weve been underestimated by so called superior opponents at their inevitable cost are to numerous to mention.Imagine just imagine if we were to beat this lot on their own patch the seeth that would come from all quarters about them having an off day and how lucky we were.I sincerely hope that Gary doesnt set us up to play for a point tommorow although i believe we are good enough on our day to get just that.Momentum is with both sides,i just hope that ours comes to the fore.It surely couldnt happen again,could it?.Cmon Livi enjoy and do it!!!

Yeah not sure how much of it is tongue in cheek but the Hearts fans seem to be a bit baw heided about being top of the league, they're not exactly making themselves popular to other teams fans. They're coming across like Falkirk fans just now with their billy big baws attitude.

Anyway, tough game for us and one we're not expected to get anything in so we're as well going there and bringing them down a peg or two and taking all 3 points. Mon the Amber Machine, you can do it. cheers
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Don't see much wrong with what the Hearts fans are saying tbh (bar a couple who are making an arse of it), we'd be doing the same if it was us in their position.

Would love it if we could win this, even if just to see the reaction from the pundits when they can't blame the pitch. More realistically a point would be brilliant too. Uche Ikpeazu might give our defenders a problem*, they might not be able to bully him as much as other strikers, and Naismith will pose a threat too.

Hearts 1-0 Livi. FG 27 mins.

*Scratch that, Uche misses out with a knock. Thought it would have been an interesting battle but happy enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Brilliant 0-0 draw... looks like we had some chances according to Twitter feed.

Another point away from Scumdee & St Midden. Brings on the Hun-tribute-act.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Brilliant 0-0 draw... looks like we had some chances according to Twitter feed.

Another point away from Scumdee & St Midden. Brings on the Hun-tribute-act.

Pitts was through on goal with a one on one, keeper was out quick to close him down for his shot though but great chance to snatch the win. Menga had a decent chance too and maybe should've picked out a pass instead of shooting, got it on target at least.

Terrific performance from the players again, worked their socks off and  were like demons closing Hearts players down and putting in tackles, they made Hearts play a lot of slack passes, putting it out of play etc. All down to our pressing play.

Would've been gutting if that penalty went in, great save by Kelly getting across to his right to save it, was low and hard to the post, some save. Thought we were the better team first half, first 8 mins was all Livi, which is some effort in front of a packed stadium, we weren't intimidated at all, our fans were also out singing the Jambos, good away support from Livi.

2nd half we weren't as good but still well worth our draw, we sat back more and just waited for the opening to pick them off and break up the pitch, which was when we almost scored with Menga breaking and picking out Pittman. Menga ran his arse off, still could do with a bit more composure but he is strong on the ball and never stops running, which gives us an out ball.

Bit of a bummer not having Hardie back for this game but what a result when our 2 best strikers are out and we're on 11 points without having our strongest eleven available. Bring on the currant buns next week.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 am

Most people outside Livingston never gave us a chance of getting anything from that game yesterday so all the more pleasing to prove the doubters wrong.Terrific result and well deserved and good to see justice done with a cracking save from Kelly at the penalty.Yeh its a shame Hardie cant play against his parent club cause i reckon he would have something to prove to Steven Gerrard.But thems the rules and we will just have to get on with it.Im sure the lads who will take the feild wont be overawed and will work their preverbial socks to take something from this game.Any way well done to Gary David and the boys yesterday and lets see if we can keep this going for as long as possible Very Happy
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 am

orco wrote:I wonder how many free kicks Naismith will get. He really is a serial diver or as the commentary teams say "he is clever!" Hmmf.  Rolling Eyes

Noticed he had a lame attempt at a dive for a pen, but even he thought twice about it and half heartedly claimed for a foul. Frustrating game for him as we didn't give him a sniff of a chance on our goal from open play and even saved his penalty.

The seethe on Jambos kickback forum is hilarious, some of them are decent enough about us taking points off them but there are some belters that really hate us. Laughing

A lot of them are still not giving us credit for having good players, and just think we are hard working and well organised without much talent, quite amazing how they can't see the talent of guys like Pittman and Byrne.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Hearts v Livi Dn10et10

That's basically what I said as Naismith was lining up to take their penalty, only it was prick instead of bollock. Laughing
    Lothiangamer
    Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Liviforever wrote:Hearts v Livi Dn10et10

That's basically what I said as Naismith was lining up to take their penalty, only it was prick instead of bollock. Laughing

Smile Absolutely love it Smile
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Decent praise for the boys on Sportscene last night.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Liam, Keaghan and Dec in the bbc team of the week.

Hearts v Livi _1035610

Goalkeeper - Liam Kelly
    The 22-year-old shot stopper made the Premiership save of the weekend from a Steven Naismith penalty that probably should not have been given at Tynecastle. But justice was done as he flung himself across goal to stop the in-form Scotland attacker scoring.

I have previously selected his defensive colleagues at Livi, Craig Halkett and Alan Lithgow, but it's Declan Gallagher's turn this time. Near the end of a resolute display, Gallagher's nick on Steven MacLean's goal-bound hook shot won his team another point to be proud of.

The performance of Livi's long-serving Jacobs was one big reason Gary Holt's team took their fine Premiership points haul to 11 at Tynecastle. In combination with Shaun Byrne and Scott Pittman in central midfield, the South African was hugely effective.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -
    Good to see Keaghan getting some recognition, same with Liam, they've been overshadowed a bit by the midfield duo and defensive back 3, but they're just as important in their roles and helping us win games.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:00 am

All 3 were highlighted on Sportscene so that makes sense.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Hearts players fighting with one another after our game, pleasing. Cool

http://www.scotzine.com/2018/09/hearts-stars-in-bust-up/

Obv expected an easy win against us and weren't pleased at holding us to a draw. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am