The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Malky Mackay

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Malky Mackay Empty Malky Mackay

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Seems to be public enemy number 1, which is kind of understandable. What I will say is that if this ends his career, then some of the things I've sent to my mates and received from them through text/facebook would be enough to have us jailed. 'Banter' is such a fucking horrible word, but that's what it is. Casual racism/homophobia/sexism etc happens everywhere. I still think Mackay seems like a decent fella, and IMO is a good football manager. Hopefully this doesn't harm his career too much.

For the record, I thought the jibe about the 'falsies' was hilarious. Howling at that.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Malky Mackay Empty Re: Malky Mackay

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:48 pm

I think the mass hysteria is fairly ridiculous, to be honest. Can understand why it had to come out given the ongoing investigation but there's surely bigger battles out there to fight.

The fact this is getting widespread coverage during the ongoing issues in Iraq, Ukraine and Gaza is stupid.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Agreed EL; as I said to one of my sons this week, if the PC-Police were in my place of work we'd all be sacked. It really is a nonsense. Its not as if any of the comments suggested that the supposed "victims" of the comments were inferior to white, straight, non-jews; as such, IMO they were descriptive terms. Must admit I didn't see the reference to "falsies".

Someone better re-write "The Merchant Of Venice" before the PC-Police claim that Shakespear was anti-Semitic for portraying Shylock as a vindictive, paranoid money-lender.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:29 am