The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

St Mirren v Livi

LiviLion
    LiviLion

St Mirren v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: St Mirren v Livi

Post by LiviLion Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:40 pm

I think Hardie's performance is more down to form than attitude. If he can bag a goal and get his confidence back I think we'll see the good side of him again. Especially if he's got someone beside him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:54 pm

LiviLion wrote:I think Hardie's performance is more down to form than attitude. If he can bag a goal and get his confidence back I think we'll see the good side of him again. Especially if he's got someone beside him.

Actually I doubt Hardie's dip in form has anything to do with confidence but more the comfort or having a further year on his contract with sevco. His twitter response was that he was "Happy to get my contract signed after a good week away with the lads!".
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:48 pm

What are you wanting him to say, course he's happy to get another year at his club. Still think it matters what he does here though, Gerrard will be checking how he's doing and if he isn't scoring goals and playing well it isn't exactly going to do much for his chances of getting into the Sevco team.

Imo if he'd been on from the start yesterday in the first half he'd have been right in there with the amount of balls we had going into their box, and being able to put pressure on their defenders, they kept playing it out from the back too, which would've suited him, pouncing on any mistakes.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 am

Liviforever wrote:What are you wanting him to say, course he's happy to get another year at his club. Still think it matters what he does here though, Gerrard will be checking how he's doing and if he isn't scoring goals and playing well it isn't exactly going to do much for his chances of getting into the Sevco team.

Imo if he'd been on from the start yesterday in the first half he'd have been right in there with the amount of balls we had going into their box, and being able to put pressure on their defenders, they kept playing it out from the back too, which would've suited him, pouncing on any mistakes.

I wasn't saying that he shouldn't be happy about having a year's extension with sevco although personally I feel it extremely unlikely he'll ever actually play for them. I was more concerned about the good week away with the lads comment. He's been with us for a year now and we supported him through his injury; as far as I'm aware he hasn't been attending any midweek training sessions with the sevco team yet they're the lads and we're "Livingston FC" in his tweets.

He was on from the start against Dundee and had plenty of chances, all of which he wasted, and several more on Saturday including at least one on one with the keeper.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:15 am

Anyway the next two fixtures worry me the most. We've taken points off every team in the league EXCEPT St Johnstone and Aberdeen. Some of the games have been tighter than others but even so we've ended up on the negative side of the scoreline.

League wise I cant see up changing from ninth in the table although a win against the saints would put us just one point behind them but still I think ninth is where we'll stay.

Away to an Aberdeen side who's form seems to vary week on week is a huge challenge. We certainly need to sort things out at the back; having watched the highlights I notice that just before their goal Gallagher was almost in a left back position; there was no-one over the other side. Unfortunately it also looks like their boy timed his run perfectly so that removes another of my gripes.

Saturday 2nd March - bad day at the office - move on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:51 pm

He isn't a Toddy who changed his pic from Hearts to Livi when on loan to us but I think Hardie has been pretty fair about where his loyalties lie, he's a Sevco player and is desperate to get into their first team, but he hasn't shoved it down our throats like some Sevco players do, even the Killie boy went OTT when signed on an PCA tweeting WATP nonsense, but at least he redeemed himself to the Killie fans by scoring against them.

Anyway, I still think he can do a job for us, all strikers go off the boil now and again, the Aberdeen boy who's on fire just now couldn't hit a barn door earlier in the season, Hardie will come good...…………………………………………….I hope. lol!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:09 pm

I seem to remember Hardie coming to the play off games on crutches and sitting with the fans. I also remember reading he could have gone to one of the Dundee teams on loan but wanted to come here. I'm sure he'll still want to impress Gerrard for when he goes back. Anyway he's not the only one in the team not getting goals. They were coming from all over the pitch earlier in the season. It's just a barren spell we're going through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am