The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Hibs (Fri Night Footie)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hibs (Fri Night Footie) Empty Livi v Hibs (Fri Night Footie)

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Woohooooooo, a game of football, almost forgotten what it's like going to watch Livi, bloody International breaks. Mad

Top 6 is pretty much gone for us now, but it would be sweet beating Hibs for a second time at the Spaghettihad, even sweeter if we could replicate our last score against an Edin team on a Fri night here, however i'd settle for another 2-1 with chopper Byrne and Pittman the hitman doing the honours for us. Mon the Lions cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Hibs (Fri Night Footie) Empty Re: Livi v Hibs (Fri Night Footie)

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Always love beating them but By-heck-as-like-inbotham has them playing well again.

A win would amazingly put us in the mix for 6th but even if we do win we would still need to beat Accies & win at Celtic which is very unlikely.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:06 pm

I've got the thread title wrong, apparently Hibs aren't playing Livi, they're playing our plastic pitch. https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/paul-heckingbottom-makes-admission-ahead-of-vital-hibs-game/

Sounds to me like Heckingbottom's getting his excuses in early, someone should tell him they couldn't beat us on Hibs grass pitch either. mon Livi lets pump them AGAIN. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Aye, same old Hibees, always whinging
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm

Really looking forward to tommorow night regardless of the result although would be sweet to do them as theve been doing well recently.The lads have had a wee break and hopefully theyl be itching to get tore in about them.Should be a good atmosphere albeit its on the telly with Sutton slavering his usual pish.Think the pitch could have a bearing on the match and i feel the first goal could prove crucial here.Dont think we will have a repeat of the last friday game here though wouldnt it be terrific if we could get somewhere near it and push Hibs all the way.Doubt it but with these lads you just never know.Agree the top six is very near immpossible for us but shouldnt detract from the wonderfull season weve had.Anyway i wish Gary and the boys the very best of luck.Oh and i almost forgot CMON LIVI LETS DO IT!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Last bite at the cherry would be to win our next 2 games and hope either Hearts or Hibs lose their remaining 3 before the split, and we went into the Celtic away game needing a win to beat one of them to the top 6 spot. Finally beating Celtic and getting a top 6 spot would just top everything we've done over the last 2 seasons. Honestly think i'd be floating on air as I walked out Parheid if that happened. Laughing

Not sure what would bring the best LOLZ, taking Hibs out for the top 6, or pipping Hearts on GD. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Decent game I thought. Despite another inept ref. It wasn’t anything major but an accumulation of bad decisions on small things... like Lithgow getting penalised for a clean win of the ball on the halfway line just after we got back into it... like the yardage they stole at every throw in... like a corner given when McNulty claimed it... and there were others throughout the game. IMO we deserved a draw.

Sibbald should have scored in the first half, Robbo should have at least hit the target in the second & we had other chances that we should have done better with.

I thought everyone put in a shift and we were unfortunate to lose.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 am

Yep fair summary Bertie.I to felt we didnt deserve to lose that.Unfortunate that we didnt manage to take the chances and there were a few that fell to us.The ones that they got were so clinical but didnt reflect the display from our lads after the shift they put in.Felt that if we had all our injured strikers we really could have caused them serious problems up front which was obviously lacking last night.Decent turnout i thought considering it was on the telly although the official attendance givin was some what dubious to say in the least.Anyway the finishing line is in sight and the remaining part of the season is almost upon us i hope the players dont down tools and give us a rousing end to a terrific season.Well done Gary and the lads.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Yep two bits of slack defending and Hibs scored with both of them, still didn't think they'd score from that tight angle but it went through Kelly's legs.

From a Hibs and neutral view it was a dire game, but I really enjoyed it, great battling performance by Livi getting in their faces and we played some nice passing football too. Cut them open a few times but weren't clinical with our chances, Sibbs should've put us 1 nil up in the first half and Robbo should've equalised just before they got their 2nd goal. Great effort from Hardie though, thought that one was in the top corner, and well taken penalty.

Talking of which, the one we were denied against Dundee was much more of a stonewaller than that one, but still looked a penalty.

Like all our other narrow defeats, our lack of cutting edge putting away our chances has cost us dearly, that's the difference between us being in the bottom half instead of the top half, but incredible that we even had the chance of a top half finish, i'm sure we'd all bite our hands off for the same again next season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Other than missing a great chance I thought Wee Robbo had a cracking game playing up front against big defenders, put himself about a bit and managed to mug them on the ball quite a few times. Think his smaller build allows him to get away with a lot more than Dolly ever did too, because he doesn't half throw himself into defenders.

Same goes for Sibbs, looks a lot more physical in his tackles and had a good game, but also missed a great chance.

Since dropping back a bit Erskine has also looked a lot better, he aint no striker but he's looked pretty good in midfield driving forward and playing in Sibbald and Robbo for shots on goal.

Lawson is growing on me too, I like his driving runs and he also puts himself about getting involved tackling players.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Agree with all three posts since my last one.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 am

We need to get Hardie starting again. It's daft to have a proven goal scorer sitting on the bench. He seemed to be dropped at a time when we were playing him on his own up front and defending in depth. Most strikers would not shine in those circumstances.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:53 am

orco wrote:We need to get Hardie starting again. It's daft to have a proven goal scorer sitting on the bench. He seemed to be dropped at a time when we were playing him on his own up front and defending in depth. Most strikers would not shine in those circumstances.

I'm just after posting something similar on P&B Orco. Really bugging me that despite us having no other fit strikers Hardie is being used sparingly and Holt is starting midfielders ahead of him. Also Raffa not getting a game in the first team bugs the shit out of me, he's had 3 or 4 full games in the reserves as well as several starts and sub appearances for them, so there can't be any reason he isn't fit to get at least a sub appearance for the first team. At least Raffa has been a striker and scores the odd goal, which we could be doing with just now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:32 pm

Definitely need to have a striker or two starting on Wednesday- we need to go flat out for the win, 3 points on Wednesday essentially confirms our survival as even a St Mirren win would put us 18 points clear of 11th with 18 points to be won... and as they are at home to Celtic a win is unlikely for them, while Dundee are away to St Johnstone. So a win for us would be a huge result in the grand scheme of things.... I’d even not mind a Dundee win at Perth if we win because they would be 20 points behind with 18 available & we would go above St J on gd.

I too am baffled by the non-use of Rafa. It’s hard to complain with Holt’s performance over the season but taking 2019 in isolation it’s been disappointing since the season resumed after the winter break.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am