The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Television Schedule

Durnford

Television Schedule Empty Television Schedule

Post by Durnford Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Not that I want our games to be rearranged to fit in with a TV schedule but its interesting that, for the games selected by Sky, all involve one or both of the ugly sisters:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/latest-live-tv-selections-45885

They obviously think Scotland are only interested in the old firm
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Television Schedule Empty Re: Television Schedule

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Sky football is shite, wont be watching any of it anyway.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Sky football is good but their coverage of Scottish football is sub-optimal
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Nah BT was much better, better product and pundits, not that i'm biased, having got it for free with the bottom tv package. Pisser that Sky have taken over the Premiership deal, esp with their biased coverage, only interested in 2 clubs.

Dundee Utd and Partick th have better coverage on bbc in the Championship.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 pm

Can’t say BT have impressed me at all. I tended not to watch Scottish games anyway though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 am

I didn't watch the Premiership games till we were playing there, BT will still be doing Champions League games though, so at least i'll still be able to watch them on it.

Up side of Sky's it has to be The Rangers or Celtic playing before they'll be interested pish, we wont have any games being rescheduled to Sunday at 12 or 1 PM.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Sky announced that they got the rights to Scottish football along with a picture of Rodgers/Gerrard and the OF badges. No other club given any consideration.

You also see on SSN they constantly get team name/badges wrong, they're a complete embarrassment and them having the rights is a massive disappointment.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Liviforever wrote:I didn't watch the Premiership games till we were playing there, BT will still be doing Champions League games though, so at least i'll still be able to watch them on it.

Up side of Sky's it has to be The Rangers or Celtic playing before they'll be interested pish, we wont have any games being rescheduled to Sunday at 12 or 1 PM.

Me neither & I still only recorded our games to watch back later.

I think their CL coverage is ok but not as good as Sky had been doing. The only innovation I liked was the ex-ref commenting on decisions but even then I found myself disagreeing with the ref and recognising that they simply don’t understand how players move or balance.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:27 am

LiviLion wrote:Sky announced that they got the rights to Scottish football along with a picture of Rodgers/Gerrard and the OF badges. No other club given any consideration.

You also see on SSN they constantly get team name/badges wrong, they're a complete embarrassment and them having the rights is a massive disappointment.

Scottish football will never progress until it gets a pair of balls and stops pandering to the bigot bros, this is a step backwards having Sky taking over the TV deal to our games.

BTW, wouldn't surprise me if we're blacklisted by them in games against the 2 arse cheeks cause of our artificial pitch, after Slippy G moaned about it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:59 am

I will agree that Sky don’t give a monkeys about our league, only the gruesome twosome.

And I definitely agree that we will remain a footballing backwater until the league is set up in a fairer way so that the rest are not ignored or stomped on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am