The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
LiviCub
LiviLion
EdinburghLivi
Lexi Collector
Smithy
Liviforever
10 posters

Declan Gallagher

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Declan Gallagher Empty Declan Gallagher

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Good piece about Declan in here: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/declan-gallagher-has-no-regrets-over-livi-move-1-3524778

Noticed the bit about fitness, def has been noticeable and has been a contributing factor in our ET wins against QoS. Should really show against the PT teams by Jan. Wonder if it has helped in not getting the usual injuries too, like strains. Can't do much about knocks but the amount of pulled muscles we had at times was ridiculous.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Declan Gallagher Empty Re: Declan Gallagher

Post by Smithy Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:09 am

Liviforever wrote:Good piece about Declan in here: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/declan-gallagher-has-no-regrets-over-livi-move-1-3524778

Noticed the bit about fitness, def has been noticeable and has been a contributing factor in our ET wins against QoS. Should really show against the PT teams by Jan. Wonder if it has helped in not getting the usual injuries too, like strains. Can't do much about knocks but the amount of pulled muscles we had at times was ridiculous.
    Very good piece and it comes across like we have a hungry squad determined to do well this season. Let's hope Dumbarton was a wee blip and we can get back on track on Saturday v Peterhead.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:11 am

Liviforever wrote:Good piece about Declan in here: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/declan-gallagher-has-no-regrets-over-livi-move-1-3524778

Very good piece and it comes across like we have a hungry squad determined to do well this season. Let's hope Dumbarton was a wee blip and we can get back on track on Saturday v Peterhead.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 pm

My mate (a Dundee fan) has just sent me a text saying he's been sent to jail. He's an even bigger WUM than I am, so hopefully he's just taking the piss.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:30 am

Aye, definitely would have heard by now if he had.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Well he's not playing today so he's either the player McGlynn said was injured, or that's a cover story for him being in the clink.

Wouldn't be much point in the latter as it would only be a matter of time before coming out in the news but Livi aint the exactly well known for being up front.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:22 am

Just cos some Dundee fan who is a rocket says so .....come on !
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 pm

He's out 'medium to long term' with a knee injury, fell down the stairs.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Joking aside, he's been our best defender. A massive, calming influence who is technically superior to Sives and Fordyce but don't get me wrong, they've all played their part for our successes so far this season. Should we lose either or both of them while Mensing is still injured as well then we're in a spot of bother.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:44 pm

LiviLion wrote:He's out 'medium to long term' with a knee injury, fell down the stairs.
    Wish him a speedy recovery.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:35 pm

In case anyone is unaware he has a court date for assaulting someone with a baseball bat. Whilst the boy I've heard from hasn't backed down, I had a look at Gallagher's Twitter, and a few hours before getting the text, he tweeted saying 'Worst day of my life'. Seems a bit of an OTT tweet because of falling down the stairs and missing some football matches. Knowing Livi and our luck, there's probably more to this, but it's starting to add up IMO.

Does falling down the stairs cause a medium/long-term injury? Last time I fell down the stairs I had a sore back for a day or so, but that was it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:50 pm

I know someone that broke their ankle falling off a kerb, all depends how you land etc.

Just have to wait for it to come out in the papers what's happening with his court case, or if someone knows where to find court records. MCL is usually the man for this kind of thing.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm with Lexi, it unfortunately seems to be tying all together. Fingers crossed he learns his lesson and is out before the end of the season, if he is jail bound.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:In case anyone is unaware he has a court date for assaulting someone with a baseball bat. Whilst the boy I've heard from hasn't backed down, I had a look at Gallagher's Twitter, and a few hours before getting the text, he tweeted saying 'Worst day of my life'. Seems a bit of an OTT tweet because of falling down the stairs and missing some football matches. Knowing Livi and our luck, there's probably more to this, but it's starting to add up IMO.

Does falling down the stairs cause a medium/long-term injury? Last time I fell down the stairs I had a sore back for a day or so, but that was it.
    you said the boy said he had been sent to jail..........well he was wrong he can't back down.....just admit he got it wrong.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:In case anyone is unaware he has a court date for assaulting someone with a baseball bat. Whilst the boy I've heard from hasn't backed down, I had a look at Gallagher's Twitter, and a few hours before getting the text, he tweeted saying 'Worst day of my life'. Seems a bit of an OTT tweet because of falling down the stairs and missing some football matches. Knowing Livi and our luck, there's probably more to this, but it's starting to add up IMO.

you said the boy said he had been sent to jail..........well he was wrong he can't back down.....just admit he got it wrong.

We'll soon see on Sat against Alloa, the injured players sit in the stand just over from me, if he aint there then it will look suspiciously like he's in the clink.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Irrelevant now but Callum Carson (West Lothian Courier reporter) said on Twitter this time last week that Hamilton approached us to sign Gallagher. We refused it due to our signing ban plus they didn't offer any transfer fee.
    djs9750

Post by djs9750 Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Here we go, this appears to be the case.
    Hamilton Sheriff Court

Monday 15 September 2014
    38 Declan PATRICK GALLAGHER SCS/2014-057935 HM13011912 Court 2
    76 Anthony MURRAY SCS/2014-057935 HM13011912 Court 2
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:06 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

We'll soon see on Sat against Alloa, the injured players sit in the stand just over from me, if he aint there then it will look suspiciously like he's in the clink.
    Get a grip, why would he be in the clink before a court appearance when the alleged incident occurred over a year ago?
    Of course there is a court case, anyone who can Google will see he was helping police with enquiries. He will have to appear in court it does not mean he is guilty of any alleged offences.

Rob Ogleby appeared in court charged with possession of class A drugs, case was dropped end of story.

Let's not get carried away here and wait to see the outcome of the case.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

Get a grip, why would he be in the clink before a court appearance when the alleged incident occurred over a year ago?
    Of course there is a court case, anyone who can Google will see he was helping police with enquiries. He will have to appear in court it does not mean he is guilty of any alleged offences.

Rob Ogleby appeared in court charged with possession of class A drugs, case was dropped end of story.

Let's not get carried away here and wait to see the outcome of the case.

Nobody, including you had said, or shown proof his court case hadn't come up untill the post just above yours, so yes it has now been established he isn't in jail yet.

With Livi anything was possible though and covering up the fact he had already gone to court and been sentenced wouldn't have been beyond them. Can't blame anyone for not trusting them to come clean on what is going on.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Where I was coming from is this .... We would have heard through the media if a footballer had been jailed...... Hence my Get a grip quote.

Let's just wait and see the outcome.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Plenty rumours abound today that he injured himself playing fives, something I'm sure the gaffer would be delighted with.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah sounds similar to Griffiths running for a bus injury story, him falling down the stairs and injuring his knee.

Could do without him being out long term, we're much more solid looking with him playing. Sives has done ok but he isn't as good a player as Gallagher.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Did not look at all injured today, walking up and down stairs around C1.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:39 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Did not look at all injured today, walking up and down stairs around C1.

Yeah I saw he wasn't limping or anything. Mensing looks fine too right enough, but is still not fit to play, so can only go by what we're being told.
    djs9750

Post by djs9750 Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Today's Express says he is out long term with a knee injury.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 pm