The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v St Mirren

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Mirren - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v St Mirren

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:24 pm

Dunno what this bozo is gibbering about, there were absolutely no infringements leading up to our 2nd goal, only thing I can even see was their number 2 sticking his arm up claiming for offside when he had his back to Souda and couldn't even see where he was, and Souda was onside anyway, maybe would've suited him better to pay attention to where he was and stop him getting the ball.
    MacKenzie was irked that there were a number of offences missed in the build-up to Livingston’s second goal of the day but got only a booking for his expression of his irritation.
    “There were some baffling decisions where even their players were asking what was happening,” said MacKenzie. “It was just bemusing. I was booked for complaining but when you see it happening so often and it’s so blatant that you don’t know what they’re watching . . . sometimes you feel that enough’s enough and you just have to vent your frustration.”

Certainly don't know what MacKenzie was watching anyway, he didn't get his booking till the 77th minute either, and our 2nd goal was scored on the 58th, so how the feck did he get booked for complaining about some fictional number of offences leading up to that goal, guy's heid is full of nonsense.

I think what McKenzie actually got booked for was complaining about Sevane being awarded a foul which McGinn was booked for in the 76th min, maybe he headed the ball once too many and his brain is jumbled up. Sure that's the one the St Mirren fans were all in a seethe about, and were chanting cheat at Sevane. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Where is that quoted from LF?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:12 pm

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/17874511.gary-mackenzie-laments-st-mirrens-charity-livingston/

Only thing he should be lamenting about the 2nd goal, was how bad they defended it, same as us for their goal though, we made it too easy for Magennis to pick his spot and curl it in, dunno if Stewart would've got to it or not but it would've been nice if he had at least made an effort, he just stood there like a statue.

I like Dykes optimism though, makes me look quite the pessimist. lol!

Agree with Dykes that we are 3rd on merit, but we've still to play everyone yet and keeping it going the whole season is where it's hard, as we found out last season when our results dipped after the winter break. We've a decent quality squad and can cope with having players out injured/suspended, but the amount of injuries we've got just now is really testing us, and the season has barely begun.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 am

Liviforever wrote:https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/17874511.gary-mackenzie-laments-st-mirrens-charity-livingston/

Only thing he should be lamenting about the 2nd goal, was how bad they defended it, same as us for their goal though, we made it too easy for Magennis to pick his spot and curl it in, dunno if Stewart would've got to it or not but it would've been nice if he had at least made an effort, he just stood there like a statue.

I like Dykes optimism though, makes me look quite the pessimist. lol!

Agree with Dykes that we are 3rd on merit, but we've still to play everyone yet and keeping it going the whole season is where it's hard, as we found out last season when our results dipped after the winter break. We've a decent quality squad and can cope with having players out injured/suspended, but the amount of injuries we've got just now is really testing us, and the season has barely begun.

Dear oh dear - what a rag.

I've re-watched the highlights several times to see if I can spot these supposed offences and there's nothing; nothing at all.

I was frustrated by the referees performance that he allowed so many of niggly ones from St Mirren to go unpunished for so long before he finally remembered where his cards were but if he thinks, on the balance of play, they DESERVED a point then he's really lost the plot.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:46 am

Yeah I also love how these form teams and teams bigged up by the media and pundits on Sportscene all have a mare when playing Livi, then have no explanation for it other than it is so uncharacteristic of them to perform so poorly, that it must've just been an off day for them (on our plastic pitch).

Motherwell were rampant in the betfred cup, the in form team heading for a top 6 finish and even challenging for a Euro spot-left the Spaghettihad grateful they managed to get a point.

Ross County, another with a very solid betrfred cup campaign, praised to the high heavens and didn't get the same negativity we got when we came up last season (and are still getting), not one pundit thought they'd struggle, also hadn't lost at home since last year- total mare against us where only losing 4 goals prob flattered them.

St Mirren, managed to beat Aberdeen, and narrowly lose to Hibs and Sevco, very hard to break down and play against-we stick 2 past them and with a managerless team that was further disrupted midweek with a late injury to Pittman and also lost Jacobs, Lamie and Robbo.

Not bad for a team everyone tipped to go down this season and are an unbeaten 9 game run, sitting in 3rd place for a second week running. sunny

Long may their ignorance continue, and confusion on how to play against Livi. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 am