The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Killie

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Killie Empty Livi v Killie

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:19 pm

3 draws in their last 4 games, and we've had back to back draws, you see where i'm going with this, stick on draw coming up, prob a 0-0. Sleep

However we've got a decent looking starting eleven now, and looks like Lawson has got back to last season's form too, and could be slotting in at RB. Pittman starting to get near his form and Robbo playing alongside Dykes, or supporting him in an attacking mid 3, i'm actually optimistic of us getting a long time in coming win here. bounce

..                    Sarkic

Lawson   Guthrie     Lamie    Taylor-Sinclair

…             Bartley     Jacobs

..     Robinson    Pittman     Lawless

….                    Dykes
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Killie Empty Re: Livi v Killie

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:21 pm

I’d expect nothing less of you.... but I think your first sentence is more likely.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:49 pm

Really scratching my head as to a prediction for this game.I cant see Killie being as poor as they were midweek against St Johnston and add to that our annoying ability to self implode in so many games thus far really baffles the hell out of me.Isuspect that most here would agree that a point tommorow would be good enough for us,i tend to agree but we are at home and therefore should have a right go at them.Easier said than done of course and the fact that if we score first will fill me with caution says it all currently.This batch of games coming up are supposedly winnable,i just wish the players would take this on board.Not having a go but a defining part of the season is upon us wether we like it or not.As always i wish the lads well and its about time we kicked some arse.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Piece of pish so it was. Greggy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I’d expect nothing less of you.... but I think your first sentence is more likely.

At half time I was expecting this comment on your 0-0 sentence to be accurate, simply because, like last week, we were completely dominant but unable to score. Pittman should have buried his chance. We should have shot more from distance with the wind & followed up on rebounds as we had the wind behind us & a wet surface.

Beaton was a complete nightmare in the first half but he gave us a foul for nothing when Lawson very clearly dived (I think there was contact made but not enough to go down & certainly not after the delay between that contact & him going down) from which we scored the opener - which I expected to be disallowed. Thereafter it brought Killie out & gave us the chance to hit on the break.

Great play to bring the second goal & the 3rd was icing.

I was very disappointed with Killie, they were only marginally better than Acciies & were wasting time from the kick off. Thankfully we got the goal to bring them out & then expose them.

All in all a very good win, so hopefully we kick on for the rest of this month.

I thought Sibbald was very good today.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Yep Sibbald, and Lawson too, were superb.

Also agree about Killie timewasting, I commented on them being as bad as Accies when I was sitting watching the game. As disappointing as Killie were though, we were back to our best pressing them and forcing mistakes, although our passing in the first half was also a bit slack. Brilliant bit of build up play for Pittman's one on one chance, deserved a goal to round it off but wasn't to be. There was a big stramash in the box too where I was just waiting for the ball to be in the net, but again it wasn't happening. Like you I feared another frustrating game where the goals just wouldn't come.

2nd half Killie started well, passing the ball around and had us chasing shadows, but we stuck at it and got a deserved goal. Lovely 2nd goal with Dykes making a run in front of goal and glancing it in. When Dykes got onto the ball I thought he was going to get another but the Killie defender just got in a tackle as Dykes was about to knock it past their keeper. He set up our 3rd goal beautifully for Lawless though, and I could finally have a relaxing end to the game.

Now lets carry that on into the next game and get a wee run going.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:27 am

I actually shouted it out at one of their time wasters taking a throw.

Yeah Killie did start the second half on the offensive but I wasn’t too concerned as they really didn’t trouble us.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:42 am

Too many superlatives to use ,just magnificent will do for me.Great all round performance from the Lions yesterday albeit against the worst Killie team ive seen in years.Beaton was doing his best to spoil it of course but thankfully silly decisions didnt cost us yesterday.For me Lawson was a stick out and where did that performance come from so well done to him.Three terrific goals which i cant wait to see back on Sportscene tonight.All in all a super day out not confounded by the attrocious weather conditions,but hey its only water.once again well done to Gary Davie and the boys.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 pm

I believe folk at the club do read social media comments so maybe a wee bit of criticism after Wednesday night might have spurred the guys on today. Wink
    Certainly we were back to pressing hard and chasing balls, things that we are good at. It could have been a lot worse for Killie too with all the near misses.
    Beaton was his usual self with regard to never giving 50/50 balls in our favour although I think as the game progressed he couldn't ignore the fact that Killie players were going down easy.
    We waited a long time for that win so it was a great feeling when the final whistle went.
    Onward to St Mirren who are hard to beat at home and who seem to have upped their game in recent weeks. It won't be easy but a win would be superb.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:16 pm

St Mirren seem to have done a reverse in their style of play, being a bit more adventurous up front and leaving themselves more open to score against. They still have problems getting goals though, which makes me quite optimistic about us getting back to back wins next Sat.

If we keep up our pressing play and have as an attacking mentality then I think we'll score goals, good to see us continuing with that after the substitutions, and not just trying to see out the game, imo it hasn't been working for us, although I can understand why Holt did it.

We got caught out with breakaway goals last season and he has tried having us a bit more wary of that, but it hasn't worked, and instead we ended up being under the cosh and conceding goals. So when we're on top in games we should just keep it going and not putting ourselves under so much pressure at the back.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:38 pm

IMO when we are on top we should always keep it going, best form of defence is to attack. Inviting teams on to us always gives us trouble.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:I’d expect nothing less of you.... but I think your first sentence is more likely.

Beaton was a complete nightmare in the first half but he gave us a foul for nothing when Lawson very clearly dived (I think there was contact made but not enough to go down & certainly not after the delay between that contact & him going down) from which we scored the opener - which I expected to be disallowed. Thereafter it brought Killie out & gave us the chance to hit on the break.

Think Lawson was tripped, looked like it in the Sportscene highlights anyway.

First time in weeks I've enjoyed watching Sportscene. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm