The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

ICT v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

ICT v Livi (Scottish Cup) Empty ICT v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Wee break from league duty. I'm up and down like a yoyo thinking about this game, I was a bit down thinking about our chances here after the poor Raith performance, then we picked up 3 great wins on the bounce in the league and were flying. County away has brought us back down to earth again though, so i'm back to being uncertain with this being away from home.

Anyway, think we might freshen things up bringing in a few players, Souda for Robbo, Crawford for Sibbs, Lawson for McMillan, and maybe even Dolly starting, though not sure who to drop, Lawless or Dykes, Dykes could prob do with a rest saving him for the St Mirren game on Wed though.

Bursting for a decent Scottish cup run and a trip to Hampden, mon Livi, lets do this.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

ICT v Livi (Scottish Cup) Empty Re: ICT v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:19 pm

If I had to choose between things...

I’d rather win the cup than finish top 6
    I’d rather finish top 6 than have a cup run that ends with nothing

So while I want top 6 & the cup I’d be happy with one or the other.

Before last night I was confident we’d progress in the cup. But now I’m thinking bananas

Hopefully last night was a wake up.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:46 pm

40 mile an hour winds forecast for tomorrow. Could make the game a bit of a lottery. Bad enough being away from home without having to battle the elements. Mad
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:45 pm

orco wrote:40 mile an hour winds forecast for tomorrow. Could make the game a bit of a lottery. Bad enough being away from home without having to battle the elements. Mad

And DANGEROUS grass pitch

It should be banned

Seriously though we're favourites again and that always makes me feel uneasy
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:56 pm

We're gonna win this, quite comfortably in fact, got a good feeling about it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:40 pm

I’m afraid I’m channeling my inner Dad’s Army guy.... doomed Ah tell ye
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:56 pm

So Snecky it is then.Like Gary Holt il be looking for a positive reaction to midweeks game.Wee Robbo will no doubt have them up for this and it does have the potential to be a banana skin for us if we are not at our best.Its a pain when you come up against some of your ex players but hopefully we can keep them quite just for one day.Sounds as if we are travelling up in decent numbers but having seen the weather forecast for tommorow id suggest wrapping up well,its gonna be cold.Ireally hope it doesnt have an effect on the game itself.Good that the team are already up there so should be refreshed and ready to go in the morning.Its not going to be easy but if we can reproduce our best form then i see no reason as to why we can justify the favourites tag.As always i wish the lads the best of luck and hopefully we will see them in the quarter final tommorow night.Safe journey to all.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 pm

Funny how things can change so quickly in football, we were absolutely flying going into the 2 games this week, now looks like we've forgotten how to score a goal.

Disappointed in being knocked out the Scottish cup again, we got a decent draw, but the old can't win away from home curse strikes again, really thought we could've gotten to Hampden with this Livi team. Not been a good week travelling up in the highlands at all, hopefully we can get our act together for our home game on Wed now, and keep on track for a top 6 finish. Would hate for our season to fizzle out like last season and end up snoozing our way to 9th place.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:44 pm

Ive been at both games. We weren't great in either mainly I think because the opposition didn't let us play. Our goalies had no real saves to make in either yet we got nothing. Today's game was played in a swirling wind which made things difficult. Caley did what County did in defending in the box. Fair play to both. It worked. We aren't good at breaking teams down so once they score they have the advantage.
    Disappointing. I've been up here since Wednesday. Really enjoyed the break. The football not so much. Rolling Eyes
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:39 pm

Aye, disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

Took the opportunity to watch Edinburgh City beat Annan 3-0, game started in sunshine with heavy wind & ended in heavier wind & rain. City fans have a good sense of humour. Managed to park ourselves in front of their “choir” who made up a few songs about their on loan player Grant Savoury... quickly dubbed “steak bake”. lol!

Callum Crane & Jordan Sinclair both played, the later having a go from distance which the keeper parried for Liam Henderson to tap in for the 3rd goal.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 am

Yeh dissapoiting end to a rotten week for us.Not really much to go on the breif highlights on Sortscene last night but an individual error has cost us again.Cant afford to let these errors become normal in our game.We knew before hand that the weather would play its part here,and so it turned out.We need to learn to adjust to inclement weather conditions better as its not always sunny in Scotland especially up there.Anyways as has been said we can now concentrare tottaly on the leauge and hopefully put this week well behind us.Oh and good luck to Caley in the quarters,you took your chance and we didnt,end of we move on to Wednesday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 pm

Reading reports from both games this week it seems County went with a back 3 so they could match us in midfield with their extra man, and ICT did the same after Robertson watched us against County.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:06 am

Certainly seemed to work. We had trouble breaking them down and getting openings to shoot into packed penalty boxes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am