The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Celtic

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Celtic  Empty Livi v Celtic

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:40 pm

10 days till this game but i'm already bursting to get in about them, this is a massive game from us, and one I feel we can win. Celtic know it'll be a tough game for them, hell they haven't even managed a goal against us here, absolutely no reason we can't go out and get another win over them. Even though Celtic will be out for revenge, and will be giving us respect, they'll still have that belief they're massively better than us, and that will work in our favour, it'll still be a surprise to them when they get put under pressure and aren't allowed to pass us off the pitch.

The gap between games is ideal for getting Dykes back up to peak condition, and Efe bedded in knowing our game better, as well as Marv back from his ankle injury, maybe even see Devlin ready to play. Also think Celtic having 2 games, Europa cup Thurs, and Scottish cup Sunday, will work in our favour, the last place they'll want to come after a tough run of games is the Spaghettihad on Wed night.

Bring it on, I feel another fantastic win for the Livi Lions is a coming. cheers bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Celtic  Empty Re: Livi v Celtic

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:01 pm

Can’t see it myself, I’d be delighted with a draw but they are on an inexorable march to 9 in a row & a possible quadruple treble. They will be a different animal to the side we defeated.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Tbf i'd have been shocked if you'd agreed with me Bertie, and thought we could win, but we can, and we will. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:28 pm

Celtic getting beat 1-0 by Copenhagen, would be good if they equalised and took it to ET. Then had another hard game on Sunday in their cup game with St Johnstone. Very Happy

Ah well humped oot 4-2, mon St Johnstone now. They're going to get a doing fae us on Wed, Dykes hattrick. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 pm

Scraped through from a free kick against St Johnstone, not changed my mind any after seeing them in their last 2 games, really think we can get at least a draw here, if Dykes gets as many chances as the St Johnstone players he'll score a few goals on Wed.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:13 pm

Clutching at straws a bit here,but hoping for a draw or a Hearts win at Easter road tonight.Which in turn would keep us in 5th place regardless of tommorow nights result due to our better goal difference.Onto our game.Celtic dont like coming here but im sure wee Lenny will have them well up for this.Ifeel for us to have any chance we will really have to up our game and hope that Celtic have an off night.Goes without saying any chances we get weve got to take them.Also dont know who the ref is,i just hope theres no dodgy decisions against us and that hes not swayed by the hoards.Any way we have nothing to lose imo so hopefully the boys will just go out there and get tore into them.I wish them well,They cannea dea it again,can they?!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Celtic will have to up their game to get something from us at the Spaghettihad, they aren't exactly setting the heather on fire their last 2 games. Think we're underestimating ourselves a bit here lads, we've the 3rd best home form in the league and have only conceded 6 goals, we've a great chance to get another win here.

Hearts are 3-0 up at Easter rd too, free hit with no pressure now. Our players will be right up for this, i'm really looking forward to it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:15 pm

Got your Hearts win Troy, pity the couldn’t keep a clean sheet.

With 11 straight domestic wins on the bounce I’d say you are underestimating Celtic LF; they may not be at their best but they are finding ways to win & that is all that matters.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:01 am

Not in Europe they didn't, and they wont against us at the TMA either, not unless they up their game, we beat them here when they were playing a lot better than they are now too, our home form says they wont be able to just scrape a win here playing the way they have been.

Even Sevco didn't get easy games here, and they were flying at the time, we aren't some struggling Premiership team that will be shitting it against them, even if some of our fans are, it's just a mindset thinking woo it's Celtic, and we're only wee Livingston. Our players have absolutely nothing to fear from Celtic on home plastic.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:37 am

I agree with you about mindset but as you know I fear the worst when playing every team.

I did say 11 DOMESTIC wins... that takes some doing even in a backwater like the SPFL. You reference our home games against the Huns... I believe we lost those despite giving them a good game... that is my point in a nut shell. We could & probably will give them a good game but when you are adept at finding a way to win all we are left with is “well we gave them a good game”.

I hope it’s an entertaining game & that we somehow find a way to win....
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Well done LF you thought we’d get something & we did. Another excellent team effort & just a shame we conceded the equaliser so late. Don’t know why there was 7 mins injury time but they scored in the 1st of those so can’t really complain.

Thought Collum was as useless as ever; too many decisions going to them, was just surprised he didn’t give them a pen. Broon should have seen red at the Marv incident from what I saw on Sky Sports News.
    Should at least have been booked when he went in on Lawless, enjoyed Sibbald’s retribution.

Guthrie & Sibbald were outstanding for most of the match but on the whole everyone played their part
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:48 am

Yeah gutted we lost a goal in injury time to only get the draw, but what an effort the team put in, absolutely outstanding from them.

Cheap goal to lose for the first, Lawson with his weak swipe at the ball, and McCrorie not even getting a hand to a ball hit straight down the middle of his goal, and seemed to dive under it. Fantastic character to not fold and come back to go 2-1 up. Big Guthrie with a neat chip back over his head, and what a start to the 2nd half, superb from Dykes and Robinson. Wee Robbo loves a goal against Celtic, only scored 2 goals this season, both against Celtic.

Just a pity Dykes couldn't finish them off with his chance later on, just needed a wee chip over Forster and it would've been game over. Missed a chance of closing right up on Aberdeen, but the point keeps us 6 ahead of St Johnstone & Killie, so only 4 games left to the split and still 6 clear, looking good for us in that respect.

Future Son in law asked me what the score would be to stick a fiver on the game, said 2-1 Livi, he was thinking about cashing it out for £100 but going into injury time decided to let it go to the end of the game and get another £50, so it was a double blow when we conceded that equaliser. Crying or Very sad Laughing

Cashed in early for a 2nd bet for a Livi win when we were up 2-1 and got £50 though, so wasn't a total bust.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:44 am

Ahhh... so it’s YOUR fault they equalised lol! - if only you’d had the confidence to hold out until the end lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 am

At 2-1 I was thinking we'd either get a 3rd or Celtic would equalise and the bet would be fecked, but once it got to injury time I really thought we'd hold out, should've known better with Celtic always scoring in injury time. After their equaliser and Collum letting them play till another minute after the 5 mins ET, I was thinking he was just going to keep on playing till they got the winner.

And what was that all about running over to make Robbo walk over to the East stand and walk all the way round where the Celtic fans were when he was subbed, then let Christie come off over to the dugout, when he had walked from the other side of the pitch same as Robbo, the guy's a complete arse.

Think Souda should've been brought on about 10 mins earlier too, Dykes was done around the 80th minute and wasn't giving us an out ball anymore, immediately saw the difference when Souda came on with fresh legs to run about up front, would've also been ideal having Dolly there for that, wonder why he wasn't on the bench. The pace and strength Dolly has on the ball he'd have given us valuable time away into the Celtic half, to give our defence a break. Might even have scored, cause he would surely have rag dolled Jullien all over the pitch by then. after Dykes had given him such a tough time.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:34 am

I thought some of Celtic's play in the first five minutes or so was quite mesmerising and I was fearing the worst. But we got stuck in after that and didn't give them peace to play. Classic Livi from this era. The goal was a kick in the teeth though especially as we made it easy for them. I felt McCrory should at least have got a hand on it. Lawson mistake too. He's frustrating with his inconsistency.
    I didn't celebrate our goal initially because I was so sure it would be deemed a foul on the goalie. That was one that Collum actually got right. Celtic were being given fouls all night for as much as stumbling on the ball. Brown was lucky to stay on the pitch late on in the incident with Bartley who incidentally was the one who was fouled in the first place.
    Our second was a lovely piece of play. Dykes can turn it on when it counts but he didn't look fully fit last night I have to say.
    Losing a goal in injury time is a sickener but I guess a draw was a fair result and one I'd have bitten your hand off for at the start.
    Guthrie, Brown and Sibbald deserve special mention but the whole team were excellent.
    Huge game v St Johnstone on Saturday. A win on their tattie field would maybe shut up the critics. Mon the Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:02 pm

Yeah I was the same Orco, I immediately looked at Collum to see if he was giving a foul against Guthrie, cool finish by the big man too, he's certainly filling that hole left by Halkett, both in defence and scoring goals. What a signing he has been.

For me it's between Dykes, Guthrie and Marv for PoTY this season, and our penalty king Stevie Lawless just falling away slightly or he'd have been in there too.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Sorry for the late post again due to work commitments.Nevertheless a great nights entertainment at the Vale last night in an extrememly intimidating atmosphere.I thought the lads thoughrally deserved their point although like most was gutted we couldnt hold on.Incidently am i the only one who was getting frustrated at our seemingly time wasting antics Towards the end of the game.Just an observation and wasnt surprised that Collum called for that 5 mins of extra time.Understandable mind you after the shift the boys put in especially Lyndon who was absolutly knackered when he came off.Heard hes still carrying that illness hes had for a couple of weeks.Thought big John and Effe were immense for most of the night and our giants Robbo and Lawless strolled through this.Celtic will win the league soon enough but they definatly dont like coming to us.Still not sure about Europe but that top six finish is within our grasp and in that respect i congratulate Gary Davie and the boys for their continued efforts.Once again well done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 pm