The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Slovakia v Scotland

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Slovakia v Scotland Empty Slovakia v Scotland

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:56 pm

Pretty anti-climactic after qualifying but the disappointment was the fact that a result here would have secured promotion again and assured a minimum of a play-off spot in qualifying for Qatar.

I missed the first half but was disappointed with the lack of urgency & cohesion in the second half. Still failing to see what McBurnie brings to the party.
    italion

Slovakia v Scotland Empty Re: Slovakia v Scotland

Post by italion Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:47 pm

WEMBLEY TICKETS
    England v Scotland June 2021 [Friday June 18th]

This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for England v Scotland. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at Hamilton Registry Office, at 2.30pm. The bride's name is Moira, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Laughing

Very good.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:03 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Pretty anti-climactic after qualifying but the disappointment was the fact that a result here would have secured promotion again and assured a minimum of a play-off spot in qualifying for Qatar.

I missed the first half but was disappointed with the lack of urgency & cohesion in the second half. Still failing to see what McBurnie brings to the party.

Read somewhere that McBurnie's goal scoring rate is something like a goal in 7 games, hasn't scored for Scotland, so beats me why we are persisting with him, has a price tag of 20 million too, fecksake, Dykes must be worth 30 million in his next transfer then.

With Griffiths nowhere near fit, and the baggage he has, and Shankland struggling to score with Utd due to zero service, i'd rather see Clarke giving Nisbet a go.

Dykes as our first choice  striker, Nisbet 2nd, Shankland 3rd, Griffiths 4th, and just dumping McBurnie.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:44 am

It wouldn't be the Scotland way to qualify for something with a match to go now, would it?
    I thought we were the better team in the first half. They got a goal through a lucky deflection. Second half wasn't as good.
    I'd like to see Nesbitt brought in now. I think he and Dykes would make a good partnership up front along the lines of our Miller and Hardie pairing, with Dykes in the Miller role.
    It would be nice to win on Wednesday but I'll settle for a good display. After qualifying on Thursday I'm not greedy. 😏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:18 am

italion wrote:WEMBLEY TICKETS
    England v Scotland June 2021  [Friday June 18th]

This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for England v Scotland. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at Hamilton Registry Office, at 2.30pm. The bride's name is Moira, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.

lol!

Yeah, Nisbet is scoring fairly regularly in the top flight, a better return than Shankland so far, so why he isn’t being brought in is beyond me, especially when you consider that we aren’t scoring many. I also think that Dykes with Griffiths would work. Griff had two shots on target against Slovakia that at least forced the keeper to make saves, one of which was very good to prevent a last minute equaliser, McBurnie couldn’t hit a coos backside with a banjo (not sure why that saying is relevant but it always makes me chuckle).

As for settling for a good performance on Wednesday... it’s now a must win if we want to win the group & I think winning the group is the only way to guarantee a play-off spot for Qatar ‘22 which would take the pressure off the WC qualifying group. Czech Rep will almost certainly beat Slovakia & we haven’t won in Israel in our recent “series” of games with them... it would be ridiculous to have beaten the Czechs twice & still finish below them; that would actually highlight that the unbeaten run wasn’t really that good - we whipped San Marino, beat Khazakstan, Cyprus, under strength Czechs away, full strength Czechs at home, Slovakia, drew twice with Israel & once with Serbia (obv winning 2 of those on pens). Last time we actually played a decent team the Russians whipped us... in fact the four games before the 9 match unbeaten run were all lost scoring 1 & conceding 13 (we played Russia & Belgium twice each).

Sorry to bring a downer to the Euro 20 party but we need to be able to compete with the likes of Russia & Belgium to show we are not just there to make up the numbers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:53 am