The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Smithy
Auld Nick
EdinburghLivi
Afro
mozam76
LiviLion
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
13 posters

Livi v Raith

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Livi v Raith - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Raith

Post by LiviCub Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:54 am

Totally agree with the Burchill situation. I can't see how Mullen could've done any worse than Burchill on Saturday when you consider Mullen would naturally have more pace than Burchill against a tired Raith defence.

Mullen has been in the squad for three seasons now and has clocked up around 50 appearances. I don't think it's experience that he needs, just a run of starting games to give him confidence and play to his potential. He's certainly more direct going forward than Burchill.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 pm

A lot is being said about our strikers but for me it's the quality of balls for them to feed off is the issue. ee change 3 attackers for 3 attackers every single game . This also comes down to our set iece delivery with such a tall team we are not putting any quality balls into good areas
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Edward snowdon wrote:A lot is being said about our strikers but for me it's the quality of balls for them to feed off is the issue. ee change 3 attackers for 3 attackers every single game . This also comes down to our set iece delivery with such a tall team we are not putting any quality balls into good areas

A bit of both imo.

There were some good balls put into areas strikers didn't make the run in anticipation. I can remember saying that on one very good ball on Sat, if only someone had anticipated it and made the run all they'd have had to do was stick out a foot and it was a tap in. Was also a good ball to the back post should've been nodded in but we squandered the chance and put it wide.

A lot of our deliveries from set pieces esp are awful though, and this knocking high balls straight down the middle is wasted as they are either mopped up by the CB's, or if we win the header it is flicked on to their players/keeper.

One of our best passages of play came to nothing with the final ball going nowhere, got all excited on how we moved the ball about and got to the edge of the box then pffft, terrible end product. That's why I'd like to see Hippolyte start, he's not perfect but he has a great shot on him and is accurate.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Smithy wrote:Have to disagree with the view about the Hippo, he is not a team player at all. I don't think he should start as he only plays to make himself look good and not for the benefit of the team. There is something about his attitude I don't like at all. To compare him to wee Scougall is night and day as the wee man had flair but he would make decent passes too and was a team player with a great attitude. I really agree with all the points that Livi Cub made apart from the Hippo one.

My view is that we need to go 2 up top a lot earlier in games and create a bit more on the deck. If we keep persisting with the three behind White then I would make 2 changes for the next game and my three would be Mullen Glen and Burchill but hey it's all about opinions and it just goes to show how difficult a managers job can be at times.

We have some great games coming up Aberdeen,Hearts,Rangers then the Petrofac semi-final so I'm going to enjoy them although not going to Aberdeen I'm looking forward to them all. I've been impressed by the work rate and desire of the squad and the togetherness of the squad as a unit just have a niggling wee doubt as I mentioned earlier about one player.

Can't agree with that at all....when he came on against Hearts he not only scored but had the assist of the match too with a superb pass. On Saturday he looked to take players on, which no one else was trying & also passed the ball well.
    He is potentially the most exciting player at the club at the moment.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 pm

The Raith highlights are up on the Youtube channel as well....there is a hint of offside about the winner if you ask me. And while the pen is as soft as they come, the ref seems to book the wrong player, Sives doesn't appear to touch Nade at all & the contact seems to be by White I think; but it isn't enough to make the Nade juggernaut go over. Superb pen save that even Elliot seems to congratulate DJ on.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Spot on Bertie - offside which I actually thought at the time! We never played well but Raith didn't deserve all 3 points and especially with an offside goal and points are going be hard to come against as we've learned against the full time teams!
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Fucking wonderful to see us lose 1-0 two home games in a row to clearly offside goals. Absolutely disgraceful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm