The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Hibs

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hibs Empty Livi v Hibs

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Last game before the split, fingers crossed results go for us and we close the gap on Aberdeen to 3 points going into the final 5 league games.

Looking a lot more like ourselves against Accies, so no reason we can't get another home win and gub the green half in Edinburgh to remain the top Lothian team in head to heads. A win a piece so far this season, both of us winning our away game.

Jet has finally looked like a player for us, against all previous form he ran about and did a good job up front, winning flick ons, and linking up well with his midfielders. We'll prob go with the same front option again in Jet, will Forrest keep his place or will DM bring in Mullin, would be good if he did both, but usually it is one or the other.

Prob everything else will be the same again, don't know what is happening with Stryjek, as he wasn't on the bench v Accies, but McCrorie will most likely keep the No1 jersey regardless.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hibs Empty Re: Livi v Hibs

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:16 pm

Good news that Lithgow is back fit, could slot into the same position Brown played in, against other top 6 opposition. His long throw ins will be useful too, Devlin just doesn't seem to get much success from them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Finding it difficult to get up for this strangely.Suspect come kick off it'll kick in.Weve achieved our objective so job done I guess,but Davie saying Europe is now in our sights.Probably the same lineup as last week I reckon.Robbo still out in the cold.Will be so good to see big Al back in the fold even if only on the subs bench.I reckon we are good enough to take a point here,although if there's no dodgy decisions against us from the officials 3 points could be there for the taking,won't bank on that though.Anyway the season is coming to its conclusion and I intend to enjoy what's left of it.Good luck Livi,nothing to lose.🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Yeah after a hectic couple of months, playing twice a week, it has slowed right down now, and will be even worse with no league games for 3 weeks after Saturday's game. International weekend, then a Scottish cup game against Raith or Stirling Albion.

Good that Sevco got gubbed last night though, now they're out of Europe it'll make their last 5 post split league games even more pointless, and Celtic are the same, whereas we've still got a lot to play for going for 4th place. So vital we try and take all 3 points here.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 pm

I'm just looking forward to watching some games without clenching my knuckles. As long as we give a good account of ourselves I'll be satisfied. Obviously a win would be great. tomorrow Laughing

Also hoping for a St Mirren win cos we'd be due a home game and I'm fed up with St Johnstone.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:41 pm

I’m with you Orco... can watch knowing we’re safe for another season & if we give it a go, who knows what might happen.

Sick of both Saints if I’m honest but Pandas have done so much better this season than I expected them to.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Very good first half performance, fully deserved our lead & they certainly don’t deserve to be level at the break. That being said both goals came from defensive errors.

Devlin’s crosses are just begging to be finished off.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Cannea believe we're level here.Better team by a country mile.Hibs one shot on target and score.Frustrating.Lets go again.👍🦁.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Frustrating at best.The preverbial game of two Half's.Chances to put this game to bed first half I thought.Second half Hibs upped their game as expected.Both goals gifted from both defences.As I say frustrated after seeing the Aberdeen score.Would really have put the cat among the pigeons.Still if offered this scenario a couple of months ago I'd have bitten your hand off.St Johnstone pipping St Midden for the top six place gives us a chance to readdress normality😂.All in all can't complain and look forward to seeing the season out on a high.👍🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:09 pm

Yeah, I knew at HT Hibs would be better in the second half, so in the end a share of the spoils was probably about right but if we could have maintained our first half superiority I think we’d have gotten a win. We looked dangerous first half but didn’t really make the most of our chances & those two Devlin crosses just didn’t have anyone getting on the end of them. Marciano & McCrorie ended the game having made some decent saves but neither were really troubled greatly.

Hibs though are a bunch of diving thugs & they get away with it. That blatant dive in the box went unpunished & Newell seems to be employed as the resident fouler who gets away with everything he does.

orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:19 pm

We gave a good account of ourselves and I'd have been happy with a draw at the start. Faded a bit in the second half.
    JET had nothing left for the last half hour so should have been subbed much earlier.
    Hibs players have to be coached to dive surely. Doig's looking for a penalty was the worst but the likes of McGinn dived for fun all game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:30 am

Yeah the way they threw themselves into our players made Marv look like an amateur. Ridiculous how the ref was oblivious to it, and kept giving them fouls, i mean WTF are our players meant to do when they're just standing not touching them, and they throw themselves towards you hitting you as they go to the deck.

Anyway, diving aunts aside, thought they were outplayed by us all first half and just went for a punt and hope all the time, excellent work by Sibbs, and thought Holt and Jet were very good first half too (never thought i'd be complimenting Jet 2 games running, or at all actually).

We really should've got a 2nd to finish them off, and was gutting to go in level, however 2nd half Hibs were a lot better and a draw reflected the full 90 mins.

Actually would've subbed Pitts around the 70 min mark and put Poplatnik on to get onto Jet's flick ons, and subbed Forrest for Mullin too. Can see why DM put Lawson on though, to keep our shape on the left wing, but thought Forrest was poor, and Mullin could've offered us a goal threat. With Poplatnik to do the running Jet could've kept going to about 80 mins, then stuck Tiffoney on for a bit of liveliness against a tired and vulnerable Porteous.

Anyway, decent point, closing it to just 5 points on Aberdeen for the last 5 games, def still a chance to catch them, but equally need to keep St Johnstone at bay, feckers are right behind us with good form still. As long as we keep pushing for 4th we'll stay ahead of them though, there are plenty of points for us to target, only Sevco would be beyond us, but with nothing left for them to play for who knows.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:48 am

Forrest did okay in the first half taking on his man & beating him a few times. Him & Jacko were a good left side pairing but Forrest faded second half as did others, but part of that could be down to Hibs being more cohesive themselves second half.

Ref bought everything the Hibs players offered him and did so at a discounted rate. Some were so obviously not fouls by our players (Pitts jostling with Gogic and being jumped on by McGinn who collapsed in a heap - result? Foul to Hibs) while Newell fouled anyone near him all game & got away with it.

If we can keep the first half level of performance going over 90 minutes we will get positive results.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Noticed a Hibs player getting a warning from the ref over persistent fouling, but left at FT without a booking, he booked Jacko straight away for a pull back though, which is fair enough if he did the same to the other side.

Marv is more subtle when buying fouls, he at least gets his body in front of the opposition player to be bumped into before going down, Hibs players kept initiating the 'fouls' by throwing themselves into us. Was actually surprised the ref didn't give them a penalty for the blatant dive 2nd half*, that's what they do, exact same thing Boyle did a couple of times against County. He didn't get a booking for it either though.

We've had our fair share of divers playing for us too, Russell, Mullen, and to an extent Marv, but Hibs seem to coach it into their team the amount of players they have doing it.

*It was exactly the same thing Scott Allan did last season at Easter Rd to get a pen, when we were beating them 2-0.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 pm