The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Tiffoney

orco
    orco

Tiffoney Empty Tiffoney

Post by orco Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:26 pm

Patrick fans are raving about Tiffoney and desperate to sign him for next season.
    I always liked to see him get a game. He never really got a decent run in the team. I'd like us to offer him a new contract. He's just at an age when he could come into his own with a few consecutive games.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Tiffoney Empty Re: Tiffoney

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:31 am

Agreed. He is playing two levels down but has been scoring regularly as Thistle have transformed from a very poor looking side to one that now is heading for the title.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:57 pm

They've won the title after gubbing Falkirk 5-0 last night Bertie.

Tiffs has scored for fun in League One, big step up to do it in the top flight but the confidence boost from a successful loan at Partick Thistle could be just what he needed to get his eye in for us next season, can't do any harm giving him the chance anyway, we're not exactly bursting with goal scoring strikers.

He also fits the profile of what we require from a striker, bit of pace and stamina to chase down balls and press defenders, giving them less time to pick out a pass, making it a bit easier for our midfielders to pick up possession.

He makes good runs in behind the defenders too, just lacked a bit of composure in front of goal, but as i said, the confidence from scoring 9 goals in 12 games for Partick will have done him good.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 pm

I figured they must be close to winning it but couldn’t remember how many games they are playing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 01, 2021 11:00 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:I figured they must be close to winning it but couldn’t remember how many games they are playing.

Their nearest rival Cove is 4 points behind, and are also on 21 games with just one game left for both of them to play. Airdrie and Falkirk have two games still to play but are 8 points behind.

Think they only played 18 games then the league split to top half and bottom half playing each other once more, which would be four more games, totaling 22 games for the season, then the play offs.

Embarrassingly for Brechin in League Two, they've come out with a statement wanting the play offs scrapped this season, citing sporting integrity as the reason, because of covid situation making it a shortened league campaign. Will have nothing to do with the fact they're sitting on 9 points after 20 games, and will have to play a play off game from the pyramid system down there.

For years there was no relegation from that league and the likes of East Stirlingshire stank up the league, Brechin have fallen like a lead balloon since they got promoted through the play offs to the Championship the same season we won League One, shame for their fans but it looks like they'll be dropping out the main SPFL leagues into the regional ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:11 am