The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Livi v St Johnstone

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Johnstone Empty Livi v St Johnstone

Post by Liviforever Fri May 14, 2021 7:06 pm

Final game of the season for us, and all to play for with 5th place still up for grabs. Irrespective if it gets a European place or not (Hibs winning the cup, and us winning our appeal against UEFA), i want us to finish as high as possible, and get a bit extra dosh too.

St Johnstone have covid to deal with, but as Bertie mentioned in the Sevco thread, we've been there before with Killie and Celtic and not won our games, got gubbed in the Killie one too which is similar to what's happening with St Johnstone. So we need to fully concentrate on our own business and not be taken in by whatever pish St Johnstone are telling us on how decimated they are, they'll still have some quality players that can score against us, Kane and Rooney especially.

Would like Kabia to start, and partner up with JET in a 4-4-2, young fella has plenty running and nuisance value, ideal partner for JET imo. Hoping Diani gets another start too, like the look of him, and McMillan, those two put in a hell of a shift, pressing all over the pitch and getting in opposition players faces.

.........................Stryjek

Devlin.......Fitzwater........Guthrie........Longridge

McMillan.......Marv..........Sibbald..........Diani

...................JET..........Kabia

Mon Davie, just do it mate.

If that line up gets chosen i'm def sticking a Lotto pick on.
    Troy

Livi v St Johnstone Empty Re: Livi v St Johnstone

Post by Troy Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 pm

I'm certainly not being takin in by the pish being spouted by the so called decimation of their squad.Simple fact they will have a good enough 11 to beat us ,make no bones about it.Anyway,last chance saloon for us regarding 5th place aspirations are concerned. We can do it,but I have my reservations. Post split has been shite for us unfortunately. Would be disappointing to end such a terrific season on a downer after what we've achieved. You know what? fech it.We are going to win tomorrow, sorry completely out of character. Just do it Livi.👊🦁🤞.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Gubbed... again.... we don’t win in Perth unless we are playing Alloa or have a new manager in place getting a run going... neither applies tomorrow
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 15, 2021 11:27 am

Devlin and Sibbs missing,but an attacking line up albeit suspect at the back.No stupid mistakes and we might just do this.Cmon the Lions.🤞🦁👊.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Awfull first half from both.Apart from Jets shot on target nothing really to write about.We are missing Nicky and Sibbs for their pace alone.5th still up for grabs but not as it stands at the moment.Ffs waken up Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Got a bit too bogged down going into HT, need more attacking runs 2nd half, we get the ball and are having to hold it and turn back cause nae c*** is making runs.

Only players from the bench that could change things attacking wise is Forrest, Mullin, and Serrano (if he plays in midfield as a winger).

Can see Mullin coming on for Poplatnik, and JET moving up front. Maybe Forrest for Kabia too, but we need to be more adventurous 2nd half, looking a bit cagey, holding back too much, scared we'll concede a goal.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Stupid playing with the fear of going behind; the only way to get 5th was to win & they can’t be worse than 6th so they should have gone in all guns blazing.

Like I’ve been saying... we don’t turn up after the split
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Totally agree Bertie. Absolute turgid from both teams tbh.Just about sums up the latter part of our season.Oh well 🇪🇺 Europe gone but of course bigger picture, staying safe and a top 6 finish,I'd have bitten your hand off.Shame it had to peter out like this.Anyway now the work begins to regroup,probably rebuild and give us a chance to recharge the batteries and go again next season.I thank the lads for their efforts and can't wait to see old and new next term.👍🦁👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Can see why he held back 1st half, St Johnstone scored and it would've been finished, with them just needing the draw. But as usual, we waited till the last few minutes to even look remotely interested in pushing for a goal, and by then it was far too late.

Why Mullin stayed off so long, and Holt was brought on before him, are WTF moments from me.

We at least defended set pieces well, this performance would've been ok for the cup final against them, but for 5th place, where we needed the win...............................maybe Martindale just didn't want Europe!!

Saying all that, Kabia had his big chance to nick the points for us, and should've scored.

Finally picked up a point after the split though. lol!

Just now i think a lot of our fans will be left with feelings of regret, on how meekly we lost the cup final, and our 5th place to St Johnstone, wishing we'd put in more fight, a season of could've beens. Once the dust settles, looking back on a cup final and top 6 finish, in the cold hard stats without emotion, it is a good season for us.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Just to edit.Interesting your quote on Martindale and Europe L/F.Sure I heard sources at the club a few weeks back saying it would be detrimental financially to the club pertaining to an albeit brief adventure in Europe. Trying to cheer myself up after such a disappointing end to what could have been such a special one.Financialy,have we dodged a bullet here.🤷‍�.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 15, 2021 5:19 pm

So Martindale confirming my suspicions.Probably best for the club practically and financially that we didn't qualify.Still doesn't detract from a shite performance today.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Yeah would've still been nice to get 5th place and maybe even a European adventure, however we may be better off not getting it, not just financially. Our preparations for the league would've been different, not having to play till later on in the month, and it didn't do Killie or Motherwell much good when they qualified.

The Betfred group stages have been fantastic preparation for our league campaigns over the years, giving us competitive games leading up to the league opener. Been far better than just having pre season friendlies. Also has given us the momentum to do well in the League Cup.

At least i don't have to cheer on Hibs in the cup final now, with the result not affecting us anymore, i'll be going for St Johnstone to win the cup double. Just a pity there'll be no fans again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 am