The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Enough of this

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Enough of this Empty Enough of this

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Burchill, just fuck off and retire. Was past it 5 years ago and now he's fucking starting games instead of coming off the bench, keeping young players out the side completely. Fucking pissing me off. He adds nothing. No pace, no movement, awful finishing and doesn't seem to click with anyone else in the side. Your days are over.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Enough of this Empty Re: Enough of this

Post by LiviLion Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:14 am

Should either stop playing or leave to go to a League 1 or 2 team where he might be decent. Must be a case of him picking himself, why on earth would either him or McGlynn think he is a better option than Mullen/McKenna?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:02 am

Mullen has looked out of his depth in some games, kept losing possession being caught on the ball as he didn't seem to know where players were around him and took a couple of seconds too long having a look. He's young though and is still learning so I'd have dropped him to the bench and given him the last 20 mins in games rather than nothing at all.
    His energy in closing players down would have been good today as we really needed to get in Hearts players faces and play with a high tempo. Instead we stood off them and they walked all over us.

I've seen Burchill play some decent through balls to set us up on the attack, even played one through to Glen yesterday, but as a striker he's about as much use as Glen for scoring goals. He took the wrong option when Hippolyte was unmarked waiting for a square ball for a tap in and tried to score himself.

So I'd rather he didn't start and give a younger player the much needed experience instead, same goes for sub appearances really, he's keeping a player out when we have players just as capable as him to come on. Imo he should be a back up for when we've injuries and suspensions.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Have to agree with Lexi. If he consistently added something to the team, he would merit picking himself, however, this is obvs not the case. As has been said, the fact he's playing over young guys like Mullen and McKenna (who both had good games today, particularly McKenna) is disgraceful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am