The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Sevco v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sevco v Livi Empty Sevco v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:23 pm

Our defence has been pretty good recently, only conceding 3 goals in our last 6 games, and Max is in fine form too, so hopefully we get through this without conceding too many goals, and injury free, then move onto gubbing Hibs on Saturday.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Sevco v Livi Empty Re: Sevco v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 am

What? You don’t fancy our chances of getting intae them and grabbing a point? Neither do I. Although I don’t think they are as good as they think they are, I do think they have too much for us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:38 am

At Ibrox no, esp when the crowd is back in affecting the officials, if it was at Livi then i'd give us a chance though, but even then they usually manage to beat us there too, or we scrape a 0-0 draw.

Not even sure it's worth the effort it would take out of us to have a right go at them, would rather rotate the squad a bit for this game and save it for Hibs, where'll we'll have a decent chance of 3 pts.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:49 pm

Nothing to lose here imo.Might as well have a go or whats the point of turning up. It will be intimidating but I sincerely hope the lads give it their proverbial best.Thats all we can ask for.Theyl need a big slice of fortune and a non biased Ref,but I won't hold my breath on both counts.Hopefully no injuries and as has been said we move on from this.I wish them well.Mon the Lions.👊🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:08 pm

Yeah Troy but there is something to lose by having a go, we play Hibs in another 3 days time and sapping the energy, risking injuries to key players, knocks etc, will lessen our chances of beating Hibs, a game we have a decent chance of getting something. That's my pragmatic take on it anyway.

Ideal game to stick Nouble up front and rest up Anderson.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:37 pm

Aye I get your point LF.Wasnt suggesting we go gung ho,that would be suicidal at Ibrox.Just hope the players enjoy the occasion and do their best.Monumental task agreed and yes more important games to come.Would be hilarious if we took something from this albeit extremely doubtfull.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:44 pm

Yeah would love it if we got something from this game and gubbed Hibs too. Hagi being out is a good bit of news though, he always causes us problems and usually scores against us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 pm

Anderson starting then.Sevco v Livi Sevco_10

Mon the Lions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:34 pm

0-0 HT.

So far so good, some great defending and attacking by Livi.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 pm

Yeh,we've done well to keep them out.Expect them to up their game second half.Would be great to take something here,especially with the other scores so far.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:39 pm

Actually better off than we were when it was 0-0, Utd came back to beat County and we've moved back above them, and Dundee drew with St Johnstone, so no damage done there. Gutting we lost 1-0 against this lot again after giving them a game, but not unexpected. Onwards to gubbing Hibs will do me.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:48 pm

Arfield is the proverbial thorn in the side for us.And he's from Livingston. As you say other results went for us tonight,just a pity we couldn't hang on.But no harm done and looked like there were no injuries. So onwards to Easter Road we go.🦁👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:33 pm

Results ended up not too bad, we didn’t get walloped, Ross lost & the bottom two drew so although they both gained a point neither really benefited

Hopefully on Saturday with Boyle away we won’t concede a diving penalty
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:31 am

Yeah St Mirren result the prev night didn't go our way, but last night pretty much went as good as we could've realistically wanted it to, only conceding 1 goal at Ibrox, and a St Johnstone win or a draw with them and Dundee so closest either one got to us was 6pts was best case scenario, and County losing to Dundee Utd.

We can get the chance to pull further away from all 3 when it's their turn to play Sevco too.

Great that Boyle wont be playing against us, not just for the diving, his pace and goal threat will be a big loss to them. Not sure we can relax about them diving, seems a built in skill for Hibs players, Scott Allan falling down in the box anticipating a challenge that never came got him a pen against us a few seasons ago, and they've plenty others of the same capability. Prob where Marv got it too, he was an expert for us at 'buying fouls'. getting his body in front of a player to get a wee bump and going down.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 pm

Anyone think we should have had a pen last night?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 am