The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi 7th v Doondee 12th

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi 7th v Doondee 12th Empty Livi 7th v Doondee 12th

Post by Liviforever Thu May 12, 2022 12:22 pm

Final game of the season and a final farewell to a few of our players, with Forrest, McMillan, and Sibbald set to leave, and all our loan players going back to their parent clubs. Should be a relaxing end of season game with us virtually having 7th place in the bag, Dundee consigned to bottom place relegation, and we might even see Gary Maley in goals for a big send off too, though i think he may still be in the coaching staff, but taken out of our players list.

So expecting we'll play all our players that will be on their way to let the fans give them big cheers of appreciation, it would top it all off if big Nouble could just get a bloody goal, the place would erupt. lol!

See you all there for an end of season jolly up my fellow Livi Lions fans. cheers
    ol1vercloff

Livi 7th v Doondee 12th Empty Re: Livi 7th v Doondee 12th

Post by ol1vercloff Thu May 12, 2022 1:47 pm

#PlayMaley
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 12, 2022 2:00 pm

Hopefully see Keaghan come on the pitch after the game to get a big send off, think this was his final season as a Livi player, he's been a fantastic player for us over the years, playing in every division.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Yeah, would be good to give him a standing ovation for the tremendous servant he has been for the club,

I think Forrest is making a mistake, should have signed on for another couple of years with a release clause.

While it’s a good idea to be able to appreciate the departing group, we should still prioritise getting a win.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu May 12, 2022 10:19 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:#PlayMaley

Naw. My blood pressure is bad enough.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Loved the look on Davies face when he was told we were not mathematicaly safe from LFCtv.Calm doon Davie,we're safe.Had this been today copious amounts of the brown stuff would have been consumed to celebrate the end of the season. Alas I'm working crack of dawn on Monday so pacing myself is out of the window,bloody SFA. Still I'll be there to thank the lads for their collective efforts this season and to say cheerio to those leaving.Also good luck to all those attending the POTY tomorrow night,alas I won't be one of them.Anyway as ever Mon the Lions.🦁👏👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 15, 2022 4:36 pm

Quite enjoyed the game today even at 1-0 down. That goal may have been avoided had we subbed the clearly injured Jack McMillan when it happened rather than after the goal. Then after Boyes got injured I thought we’d have to settle for a draw but good play & terrific finish from Forrest to grab the points.

Beaton was a complete joke, giving fouls against Soto when the Dundee lad had his hands on his throat; the booking of Montano looked like another massive error, there was no reason for him to go down, so looked like it should have been a red card for the defender preventing a clear scoring opportunity.

Good effort by essentially a makeshift side to dominate them, their goal was against the general run of play. Our two goals gave a more accurate picture of how the game went.

That said Max did make a couple of decent saves
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun May 15, 2022 5:19 pm

Yeh, Davie explained post match why it was basically a makeshift starting eleven.Said it was to give game time to those leaving us.Sloppy goal for us to give away and the pen claim for Montano il need to see again but looked a stonewaller although I was to far away to see it properly. Thought the Subs changed the game and was great to see Sibbs and Mcmillen get the ovation they undoubtedly deserved,I wish them both well.As I do the others who will be leaving.Special word for big Stretch, was great to see him finally get on for a swansong.And if I recall he pulled off a great save at the end to secure the victory.All in all a smashing day and credit to all the lads for keeping going to the end.Been a decent season for us and reflections still to come later.🦁👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 15, 2022 8:26 pm

Aye we totally switched off with the confusion on whether we were making the substitutions or not, and Dundee were given all the freedom they needed to get down our wing and put in a cross to 2 Dundee players at the back post, really sloppy goal.

We were disjointed at the start of the game, but once we got to grips with the game we looked by far the better team, just lacked a goal scorer, and sometimes a bit of composure in the final third. Game changed with our substitutions, Forrest and Nouble were ripping them a new one after coming on, Bailey had a good game too, as did Omeonga. We could've had at least 4 goals, big Nouble had one on a plate when he slid in on a cross inside the 6 yard box, but he just can't buy a goal, happy we scored 2 though, and won the game.

3 wins and 2 draws in the post split games is pretty damn good, putting us on 49 pts, a point more than Utd in 4th place. Just a pity we couldn't hold out for another 30 seconds against Motherwell or i think we'd have gotten 4th place, but best of the rest in the bottom 7 is a good end to our season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:35 pm