The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Sevco

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Sevco Empty Livi v Sevco

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:00 pm

This has 1-0 Livi written all over it. Very Happy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Sevco Empty Re: Livi v Sevco

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:59 pm

Not a chance that we will keep a clean sheet. We will surrender possession to them, we might surprise them with an early goal but even if we do they will end up winning, it might take a dodgy VAR penalty and/or a dodgy VAR red card but it will end up with the 3 points heading west
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:08 pm

1st game we were up 1-0 (Nouble 5 mins) and lost 2-1.
    2nd game we were up 1-0 (Nouble 4 mins) and drew 1-1.
    3rd time lucky, we're winning this 1-0 (Nouble 3 mins?  lol! ). cheers
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:37 am

If Arfield plays he'll score. Crying or Very sad
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:24 am

Yeh,he normally does.Not sure if Anderson will be fit for this, if not a major blow for us.Should we expect a reaction after last week?I have my doubts.Sevco can't afford to drop points here and unfortunately I expect they'll prevail.Pitch might be a slight leveler but I'm not getting my hopes up.And of course VAR is back🙈God help us.Just want to get this out of the way and try to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Been wrong before and I'd love to be proven once again. Good luck Livi,we'll need any we get.Mon the Lions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:34 pm

Martindale saying he's back training, and hinting he'll be available to play, but he does that all the time with returning from injury players and usually doesn't have them in the starting line up, and if he makes the bench i'd wager it'll be window dressing and he wont play.

Don't think Anderson missing this game will make any great difference though, Martindale prefers a system with Nouble up top and us set up quite defensively in midfield. I'd rather have him fit to play against Aberdeen, where he'd make a big difference playing centre forward with Nouble on the wing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:38 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Not a chance that we will keep a clean sheet. We will surrender possession to them, we might surprise them with an early goal but even if we do they will end up winning, it might take a dodgy VAR penalty and/or a dodgy VAR red card but it will end up with the 3 points heading west

Wasn’t a million miles away was I?

I’m told there was a clear shirt pull for the pen but I’ve not seen it myself yet, otherwise I’d have emboldened the dodgy as well.

Didn’t think we were 3 goals worse than them but they probably edged it to where they deserved the points. Shamal made a couple or three decent saves, McGregor was largely a spectator. That’s not to say we didn’t have chances, we had a couple that really should have been goals, Penners first half & St.Kelly second; but we gave Noobs nothing to work with and even when he went wide with Guthrie on, we gave Guthrie nothing to work with.

Neither of Omeonga’s yellow cards were worthy of the card, ref couldn’t wait to give him a second yellow either, almost ripping his pockets to get the cards out. Wasn’t convinced either of them were fouls but the second one was more of a foul than the first one & love him or loathe him Tav takes a decent free kick.

Nice to see some of their fans have embraced the truth with their sign which read “two trophies in 11 years, uphold the standards that matter” - pity they let themselves down with their unionist bile.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:34 pm

Aye shocking from the officials for the pen and free kick/red card, Roofe bought the foul putting his legs together and falling down, and the shirt pull on Morelos was a joke of a pen decision, when you see far worse going unpunished at almost every set piece into the box in every game in the league. Why VAR even had to involve themselves shows how corrupt it is, desperate to give them a pen.

In our last 2 games against Hearts and Killie you forgot VAR was in use, against Sevco it was in your face obvious all game, having to hang about while they tried to find things in Sevco's favour, and the VAR added time first half. Funnily enough at 3-0 it was a lot less added time after the 90 mins, i'd be willing to bet my house it would've been far more than 4 mins if it had been 1-1.

Sevco were far from convincing in open play till Var and Dickinson gave them 2 goals of a start, plus reducing us to 10 men, just have to take it on the chin though and make sure we get the win against Aberdeen next week.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:54 pm

No doubt that Penrice had a pull on Morelos's shirt but it made absolutely no difference in the scheme of things since Morelos was never going to get that ball before it was headed clear by Obileye. A penalty is surely given for denial of a scoring opportunity. But then it was Rangers. Enough said.

Both of Omeonga's yellows were a joke. They were hardly even fouls. With him already being on a yellow though I'd have subbed him instead of Stephen Kelly, given his aggressive style. I actually said that to my other half at the break.

So Rangers score three goals. One of them a dodgy penalty and the other two late goals when we were unfairly down to ten men. It's hard.

In saying all that there were aspects of our play today that frustrated me. I felt Nouble was wasted up front. He hardly got a sniff of the ball. I'd rather have seen him on the wing finding balls and taking them up to feed other players. The other thing that we seem to be doing too much is passing the ball across the back until such time as we lose it or it goes back to Shamal who has to panic kick it as he's closed down. Finally, please please Davy start fining players who give away fouls for shirt pulling. Refs see that as the easiest of fouls to give. Penrice was still doing it even after the penalty. I'd also be giving Montano the nod over him.

So we are down to 6th tonight. But, we do have a game in hand and we have played the teams that are 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the league. Hibs and St Mirren still have to play those teams. However, its only points that count but if we knuckle down and play as well as we are capable of we have a good chance of climbing back up. Let's hope we take our opportunity.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:33 am

Absolutely turgid day,and soaked to the skin into the bargain. For me we hardly laid a glove on Sevco with one or two exceptions.The sending off was a complete joke having seen it back.Ridicoulos decision from an inept official.Penners has to learn from this,soft decision which could have been avoided. Really felt for big Joel ploughing a lonesome furrow up front on his own.Cracking free kick from Taverner, but was never a free kick in the first place.All in all a severly depressing day confounded in the wee bar after the game watching my beloved Toon getting humped by Liverpool. Was good to talk to you L/F on what turned out to be a day consigned to the bin.Ach well there's always next week with Hopefully Anderson back fit.We definitely missed him yesterday.Crying or Very sad.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:23 pm

Aye if we're giving free kicks or pens for shirt pulling there'll be about 40 a game. In fact big Nouble would be getting a foul every 5 mins in a game, the amount of times he's grabbed by the shirt or arm, sometimes 2 players hanging onto him, but of course doesn't get fouls for most of them.

Read that VAR didn't bother getting involved in another of the Premiership games yesterday for a shirt pull on a player too. The inconsistency is what pisses fans off.

Aye Troy wasn't your day yesterday, with both your teams getting humped, and a player sent off in both games. Big game for us next week though, a 6 pointer with the team just below us, and a game we really need to win, to get ourselves some distance from the 7th placed team. St Johnstone creeping back up there too, only 5pts behind us, still got a game in hand too right enough but a win would make things a lot more comfortable.

Troy likes this post

orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:00 pm

I've just watched the Dundee United highlights. Fletcher had his shirt grabbed and pulled while trying to win the ball in the penalty box. The United players complained to the referee. Decision - the referee was told not to bother even looking at it. The difference of course is that Fletcher doesn't play for The Rangers.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:16 pm

orco wrote:I've just watched the Dundee United highlights. Fletcher had his shirt grabbed and pulled while trying to win the ball in the penalty box. The United players complained to the referee. Decision - the referee was told not to bother even looking at it. The difference of course is that Fletcher doesn't play for The Rangers.

Dallas would've been scanning that VAR monitor desperate for something to give Sevco. Yeah Penrice should know the slightest infringement will be given to Sevco, but in any other game he wouldn't be penalised for it, usually both sets of players are grabbing onto one another at set pieces. Only way to stop it is to give fouls/penalties EVERY SINGLE TIME IT HAPPENS, no point doing it once in a blue moon.

It's the same for hand balls, Goldson got away with one 2 weeks running, everyone else gets penalties awarded against them. We brought VAR in to help get these things right, but all it has done is give the officials instances to pick and choose when they'll use it to penalise teams (that aren't Sevco).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:52 am