The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Scotland

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Scotland Empty Scotland

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:20 pm

Some start this.

Scotland Web_ca26

McTominay having a blinder too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Scotland Empty Re: Scotland

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:57 pm

I wiz there!

Great night, Spain were disappointing but we fully deserved the win and at times made them look ordinary. There was a spell in the latter part of the first half where I thought they might equalise as they kept winning headers in our box. They weren’t causing Gunn problems but they were winning the ball & that normally eventually brings a goal but we regrouped at half time, got the second and Gunn was largely untroubled throughout the evening. He made a couple of saves but they were saves you’d expect him to make.

McTominay scoring 4 in 2 games is incredible but I didn’t think he was our best player. Personally I thought Tierney was outstanding.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:31 am

One of those nights when it all clicked into place. Good to have a ref (two actually!) who didn't think the game was all about them. By and large both guys were consistent in giving fouls and ignoring play acting by both teams.
    A guid night made even better with the news that Norway drew with Georgia.
    We've got Norway next. I dinnae want to be rotten but I'm kind of hoping Haaland gets a wee thigh strain or slight hamstring problem in the warm up. Razz
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:04 am

Couldn't have asked for a better start to the campaign. Despite the whingin from the Spaniards Post match,Scotland thoughrally deserved that,indeed big Lyndon could have made it even more embarrassing for them.Their not used to losing so made it all the more sweeter for us.Not getting carried away,,but couldnt have asked for anything more from the lads so well done boys.👏🏴????????????????????????🏴????????????????????????🏴????????????????????????.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:48 am

Aye, first game they've lost in their last 20 European qualifiers, and they didn't like it up em.

Surprised they didn't mention the pitch, after slipping on it led to the first goal, you can bet your life ours would've been mentioned in a situation like that. Good old Hampden grass pitch. Very Happy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:07 pm

According to Taklsport this morning one of them whinged that the grass was too long 🤣
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:18 pm

Scotland Web_ca42
    What a team, mon eh Scotland.

Scotland Web_ca43

He's some boy, hopefully this will help get some interest from an EPL team, and a few million pound in for him.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:42 am

It looked like a lost cause when he chased the defender but his Reed Richards impersonation was outstanding, how he manage to stretch that right leg to reach the ball I’ll never know and his assist for Kenny McLean was an exquisite touch.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:47 pm

Yeah he's been amazing for Scotland, still see the odd snotty comment about his lack of silky playing skills.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:57 am

Wouldn't dare underestimate the Georgians tonight. There playing ever so well recently and I suspect will prove a tough nut to crack.However we are on a terrific run of form ourselves, coupled with the fact at home and in front of a full house,I'm confident of getting a result.The bookies have us at 1/2on and they don't often get it wrong,il go with them.Cmon Scotland.🏴????????????????????????🏴????????????????????????🏴????????????????????????👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Where Scotland are concerned, i'm siding with you and Bertie Troy, in the past they've dashed my hopes on the rocks, then battered feck out of them some more with a baseball bat, then for good measure set fire to them. I'm refusing to get sucked in to any hype of Scotland qualifying for a tournament. Once bitten, i say once, think i've been bitten about 40 times now, i aint falling for it again...................nope, not happening.....

I'm just waiting on us getting into an almost unassailable position, then falling flat on our faces (you know, like Livi did for a top 6 spot last season, and the season before). Geeze i must be a masochist following Livi and Scotland.

Anyhoo, mon Scotland. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:05 pm

🤣🤣🤣
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:14 am

Utter farce last night.But fair play to the fans for staying, and for Scotland to get those precious 3 points.Dont normally say it but with trepidation we are looking good.Well done lads.👏🏴????????????????????????.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:25 am

Aye doubt that game would even have started had it been a normal league game, in fact we had one called off just before kick off that wasn't even as bad, with the ref doing a bounce test. Noticed about the 3rd time he came out to do a test, he didn't even try bouncing the ball, and just kicked it along the ground. Laughing

Anyway, with the tv cameras there and the game being an international group qualifier, the ref gave it every chance to get played, and the grounds staff worked away for an hour or so squeegeeing the water off the pitch. So great job by them, conditions were a lot better than the start of the game leading up to our goal, where the ball was sticking in the waterlogged pitch and water splashing everywhere as the players ran about.

4 wins in a row now, but i'm still keeping my powder dry, not getting carried away, buggers have stung me too many times with that old trick. Brilliant goal by McSauce for our 2nd, Georgia doing a Sean Kelly with their penalty kick was funny too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 pm