The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Afro
EdinburghLivi
Liviforever
Lexi Collector
Auld Nick
9 posters

Same old Scotland

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Same old Scotland Empty Same old Scotland

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 pm

And so here we are again, on the brink of a decent campaign and we lose a game we ought to be winning if we want to qualify and we just don't turn up. Not impressed with the team selected and less impressed by the after game comments.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Same old Scotland Empty Re: Same old Scotland

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Scotland are shit and the tartan army are fannies. I'll be a lot more upset if we lose to Morton tomorrow.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:19 am

Canny be bothered with Scotland anymore, I've invested too much emotion on them in the past only to be let down time and again. I'm not going to be put through the same old shit from them, snatching failure from the jaws of qualifying.

Read the bbc report on the game though, Griffiths a late sub, says it all really.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:19 am

Supporting a team with Leigh Griffiths in it, lol no thanks.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 am

Pathetic performance, it was just like so many games at Almondvale where you know we won't score.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:22 am

Steven Fletcher, leading the line, with 4 goals in his entire international career. 3 of them against Gibraltar. Fucking Gibraltar. The fact he's spawned enough earnings in his career to buy a Lambo boils my piss b

Players like him and Morrison have had their shot. Furthermore, how the fuck is James Forrest anywhere near the international scene? Horrendous.

Think Strachan has done well to reinvigorate the national team after the Levein debacle but failing to finish 3rd at least in this campaign will be a failure. It's a shame Lagerback is committed to Iceland because I'd have fancied him to finish the job, so to speak.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:47 am

I think Morrison is a pretty solid player for Scotland...granted didn't have a great game last night but who did?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:22 pm

They've expanded the Euros to let all the diddies in and we still look like we're fucking it up. Gordon Strachan has done a brilliant job so far but he needs to drop the loyalty to shite like James Forrest and call up players who are in good form. Matt Phillips has been doing well at QPR and hasn't even had a call up.

We can still get to France but, typically, we've made it harder for ourselves.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:10 am

We will "get to France" but not to Euro 2016
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 am

Afro wrote:Steven Fletcher, leading the line, with 4 goals in his entire international career. 3 of them against Gibraltar. Fucking Gibraltar. The fact he's spawned enough earnings in his career to buy a Lambo boils my piss b

Players like him and Morrison have had their shot. Furthermore, how the fuck is James Forrest anywhere near the international scene? Horrendous.

Think Strachan has done well to reinvigorate the national team after the Levein debacle but failing to finish 3rd at least in this campaign will be a failure. It's a shame Lagerback is committed to Iceland because I'd have fancied him to finish the job, so to speak.

Morrison is a player. Fletcher near the team is a joke though, his record for both Scotland and Sunderland is woeful. Griffiths should have started, we all know he is a total fud, but the boy hassles and if nothing else puts in a shift, and at least if your doing a "Scotland" you'd rather your players were busting a gut and looked like they were interested than just swaning aboot.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:02 am

Awful performance
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Good performance tonight, makes Friday's shambles even harder to take.

Best we can get now is the play offs (assuming we don't end up best 3rd place team), and knowing our luck we'll be drawn against the Dutch if we make it.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:19 pm

forrest and fletcher are not good enough for this level...Maloney has lost his legs and seems is only useful in dead ball situations. Mulgrew is not a wing back and Scott Brown is a thug better performance but if Strachan picked a target man who can win a header and wide players who can cross a ball then we may have taken something....Anya terrorised them when he came on
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:13 pm

LiviLion wrote:Good performance tonight, makes Friday's shambles even harder to take.

Best we can get now is the play offs (assuming we don't end up best 3rd place team), and knowing our luck we'll be drawn against the Dutch if we make it.

If they make it as well...they aren't guaranteed it either yet.

Better performance tonight but too many players not good enough, Forest wasn't in the game - Matt Ritchie did more in his short time on the pitch, Fletcher just isn't a goal threat & neither is Chris Martin.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:21 pm

No Naismith, Anya or Darren Fletcher. Strachan is an absolute fuck. What a no-mark Scott Brown is.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:28 am

Yep if we had put on a striker who could actually look like scoring a goal we may have got something from that game, sticking with Fletcher was just madness. Also lucky to finish with 11 players, Strachan had several chances to take Morrison off after seeing him make 4 yellow card offences and the ref even having a word with him TWICE after booking him but kept him on the pitch, the ref was really lenient there and did him a huge favour keeping his card in his pocket.

How the feck Hutton gets a game too is beyond me.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Under Strachan Scotland looked most effective when they had Naismith up top, at least he offered a bit of pace and movement and chipped in with a couple of goals. I can understand Rhodes not getting anywhere near the squad as he's only capable as part of a 4-4-2, but Fletcher offers absolutely nothing. I mean this guy refused to play for Scotland not so long ago, which is quite fitting as he offers nothing.

I also don't understand people who say Anya shouldn't have been picked. Again, all of our best performances in recent times have been largely down to his mobility. People say he's too much of an attacking option, but he played LB for Watford last season and is capable of playing anywhere on the wing back to front. He gives us a bit of creativity and threat.

I like Hutton, he usually puts in a solid shift for Scotland. Mulgrew is never a LB, and if anything should play as a holding DMF with Brown. Robertson at LB for me.

Scotland are a bit like Livingston, very scared to play and have shitebag written all over them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Naismith comes on as sub and sticks 3 past Chelsea, and we stuck with Fletcher the haddy that can't score a goal.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:58 pm

LF you malign the chap...he did get the first Scotland hat-trick in about a million years against the mighty power that is Gibraltar after all. Rock hard team Gibraltar.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Should be twinned with Dumbarton, on second thoughts Dumbarton should be twinned with Alcatraz.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:48 am

Once again our national team manages to look like they are 70 places below the team that is 70 places below us. Our tactics against Lithuania seemed to be "get free kicks and corners and we'll score from the set piece" - eventually we did and nearly stole the points at the end but what a shambles of a performance that was. Lithuania looked more comfortable on the ball, more dangerous in attack and more like they knew what they were doing.

I watched England beating Malta 2-0 and thought "They have nothing to be frightened of" then watched our game and thought "England will give us a doing"; that's how bad we were.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Just can't go Strachan at all, unless we get rid then we're doomed, shite tactics, shite team selection, just shite. Playing at home to a team that has only scored something like 3 goals in their last 12 away games and we play to scrape out a narrow win, give me strength.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:42 pm

And fail to do so mind.

Unfortunately I can't think of anyone available that would do any better.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:09 pm

1-0 down to Slovakia, Strachan leaving our best attacking players on the bench, brilliant tactician.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:40 pm

3-0 to Slovakia, walk in the park for them, we were mince.

That's our world cup qualifiers over already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 pm