The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

First Team 23-24

forzalfc

First Team 23-24 Empty First Team 23-24

Post by forzalfc Wed May 10, 2023 12:38 pm

That time again..

Still In Contract
    Jack Hamilton - Contracted until May 2024
    Michael McGovern - Contracted until May 2024
    Shamal George - Contracted until May 2026

Ayo Obileye - Contracted until May 2024
    Cristian Montano - Contracted until May 2024
    James Penrice - Contracted until May 2024
    Michael Nottingham - Contracted until May 2024
    Mikey Devlin - Contracted until May 2024
    Calan Ledingham - Contracted until May 2024
    Shaun Donnellan - Contracted until May 2025
    Jamie Brandon - Contracted until May 2025
    Miles Welch-Hayes - Contracted until May 2025

Andrew Shinnie - Contracted until May 2024
    Sean Kelly - Contracted until May 2024
    Daniel McKay - Contracted until May 2024
    Mo Sangare - Contracted until May 2024
    Stephen Kelly - Contracted until May 2025
    Samson Lawal - Contracted until May 2025
    Steven Bradley - Contracted until May 2025
    Samson Lawal - Contracted until May 2025
    Jason Holt - Contracted until May 2025
    Scott Pittman - Contracted until May 2026

Joel Nouble - Contracted until May 2024
    Bruce Anderson - Contracted until May 2024
    Tete Yengi - Contracted until May 2026
    Aphele Teto - Contracted until May 2026

On Loan
    Morgan Boyes - Inverness CT

Away
    Brian Schwake - End of Contract
    Nicky Devlin - End of Contract
    Jackson Longridge - End of Contract
    Jack Fitzwater - End of Contract
    Stephane Omeonga - End of Contract
    Jaze Kabia - End of Contract
    Esmaël Gonçalves - Released
    Jack Hamilton - RaithRovers (Undisclosed)

Tom Parkes - Hartlepool (Undisclosed)
    Luiyi de Lucas - Released
    Dylan Bahamboula - Released
    Scott Bitsindou - Released
    Danny Lloyd - Released

Last edited by forzalfc on Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

First Team 23-24 Empty Re: First Team 23-24

Post by Liviforever Mon May 29, 2023 2:36 pm

Big clear out, which is good to see, we really need the squad freshened up with new faces keen to do well. I think a lot to do with us dropping off was down to players either knowing they were moving on, or ones just not having worked, and a bit of malaise set it.

With us not having the finances to have as good a quality squad as other teams, we need to make up for it with hunger and desire, putting in that extra bit of work to give us the edge over opposition teams, and that allows our more talented players like Bradley, St Kelly, and Anderson, to do their thing. There is a fine line between us getting something from games or losing them, if we're not at our very best energy wise, winning the battles all over the pitch, it soon goes bad for us.

A front 3 has been our best attacking formation this season, with St Kelly, Anderson and Bradley, so i hope we continue that into next season. We could also do with a big physical disruptive striker as a plan B to partner Anderson.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue May 30, 2023 12:06 am

It was hunger, desire and a great work ethic that got us to the SPL and helped us stay there. Not so much this season though. If anything, in recent games it's the other teams that have played like that against us. If we want to stay up we need to get back to playing like we did five years ago.

New season, new players wanting to show what they can do. Hope springs eternal.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue May 30, 2023 10:31 am

I kinda suspect were going to struggle in most departments of the team next term.Hoping Davie can find suitable replacements for those who have left.Will become apparent early doors i reckon.Hopwfully some new faces will add that wee spark thats been missing lately.Gonna be a long couple of months.🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 30, 2023 1:38 pm

CB signed, Michael Devlin.

Had a few long term injuries, but good player if he can stay fit, suppose we have to take risks like this to get quality signings on low wages, good signing if it pays off and he stays fit.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue May 30, 2023 1:51 pm

Slightly underwhelmed by this tbh.But I guess needs must atm.Suspect I'm going to have to get used to signings like this this summer.But will give him the benefit of the doubt,so welcome Mickey. 🦁🤞.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 30, 2023 7:33 pm

So one Devlin leaves and another arrives… is it a case of better the Devlin you know? Laughing

I believe United have released Ian Harkes… I’d take him in a heartbeat, possibly would demand too big a wage packet though… still… would be a very good signing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 31, 2023 6:40 pm

Pretty fair assessment of our season, and where we stand going into next season, pretty sobering reading, and puts this season's 8th place finish into perspective, for all the FB posters that seem to think we're a top 6 team. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/late-collapse-leaves-livingston-heading-30121174

Think he's spot on about Bruce Anderson, and Martindale being over critical of him. Imo a lot of Bruce struggling for goals is down to how Martindale is having us play. Launching balls up to him is going to see him struggle, he isn't Lyndon Dykes, it just isn't his game, he's a far better finisher than Lyndon though, and if we get wingers or players supporting him, then he'll get goals. Play it on the deck and work it up the pitch, but absolutely don't keep launching it long to him, with a big CB pushing him out the way.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 pm

Yeh,I'd agree.His individual appraisals were honest and bang on for me.His suggestion of many of the squad underperforming says it all for me,especially in the latter part of the campaign. Let's not kid ourselves,Martindale has a humongous job ahead of him next season,starting with the new arrivals coming in.One can but hope that the team step up to the plate once again.But as Callum says we should applaud Davie and the team for comfortable keeping us in the top teir for at least another season.Next season i suspect will be oh so different. 🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 31, 2023 8:04 pm

Carson’s piece is very good, and good to see him levelling criticism at DM for being overharsh on Bruce and on overthinking it.  That said Carson is a little simplistically harsh on Bruce himself, criticising his goal return in the latter part of the season… he got little or no service in most of those games and spent most of them chasing down defenders because of the inept tactics of playing high balls up to him. I agree LF, that is NOT the way to get the best out of him.

Not sure Chris Kane would be an improvement, even if he is more suited to that style of play, don’t know how many he scored for Saints in the season just ending but don’t remember thinking that he was a potential goal machine. He might be a good option as target man for Bruce to feed off though.
    Richard Tait on the other hand would appear to be a good shout as a Nicky Devlin replacement, although he’d probably expect to start ahead of Brandon, which may then unsettle the younger man.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:08 pm

Dykes on his final year at QPR and refusing to sign an extension.

A few hundred grand sell on from Dykes going to Sevco, Schwake's 250K development fee if Brighton sign him, and the 1M price tag on Nouble with some French top flight clubs interested, our playing budget could increase a good bit if that all comes off before the new season starts.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:01 pm

Tell you what guys.Just checked out the current stats for the boy Paton down at Queens.23 year old striker.23 goals and six assists.Would hope Marvin and Davie having dialogue as to whether we could bring him to West Lothian.Looks good .Big step up for him him,but would bolster our forward line,which we will definitely need for next season.Agent Marv.Make it happen. 👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:40 pm

Worth a shout with those stats in a bang average second tier side… he could be just as decent in a bang average top tier side
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:06 pm

Yeh,totally agree Nick.He fits our profile.Young guy prolific goalscorer and would definitely enhance our forward line in a season upcoming. Big step up for him,but the Queens guys ive spoken to rate him highly. Understand they'd be gutted to lose him.But don't think Marvin would stand in his way to let him enhance at the top table.A few clubs with more finance than us.But would love to get him here.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:14 am

They're in League One aren't they, 3rd tier. We haven't had much joy bringing strikers from lower down than Championship sides, Hammy would score for fun in League One i reckon. Connor Sammon scored 17 for Alloa.

If we did sign him, Martindale would prob put him out on loan to a Championship team, Morton most likely, to try and help his development, and see how he did in the 2nd tier, assessing if he'd be ready for a shot at a step up to the Premiership. Could be worth a low risk signing for the future right enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:38 pm

Oh aye, I forgot they’d been relegated a year or two back

But I’d still give him a chance, esp if he is a guy that is hungry to improve.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:41 pm

As i posted on ex Livi players thread, wouldn't mind us signing McMillan or Lawless/both back at Livi, McMillan looks like he's improved as an attacking WB, was always decent defensively but thought he lacked that threat going forward. Looked good in the play offs though, and scored some goals too. Now Devlin is away it's a position we need another signing on top of Brandon. Plus with McMillan we know he can play on both sides of the pitch.

I see Killie have signed the ICT CB we were after, Deas.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:11 pm

Yeh,Killie obviously offered more than we could for Deas. As for the Thistle boys.I suspect other clubs will have been watching them as well and would be able to offer better terms than we could at the moment.Thistle are in financial difficulties atm according to STV.So would assume they'd want suitable remuneration for those said players which unfortunately we can't guarantee atm.Hard times,but that's where we are as a club for the foreseeable.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:49 pm

If we get in first we've a chance, we can now sign players directly, and not fanny about with PCA's.

Yeah Partick are 200 and odd grand in debt, and a few players will be out of contract too, so wage offers wont be as high for them either. I'd def be having a go at signing McMillan.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:45 pm

Said on another forum how frustrating to see Queens Park signing Rauri Paton from QOTS on a 3 year deal.Apparently someone we had been looking at,and a hungry young striker to boot.Sign of the times unfortunately and will probably be the norm with others slipping through the net.Just hope to god we don't decide to keep Goncalves and Guthrie. Just doesn't bare thinking about. 🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:21 pm

Yeah i don't think he's ready for the top flight yet though, and would prob have gone out on loan for a season to a Championship team, so wouldn't have affected our playing squad any. More a signing for the future.

QP are today's Gretna, plenty money to splash out on 3 year deals, tbh i think Hamilton will score more than him in the Championship, with already having experience playing at that level and a decent record of scoring there, and we just released him.

With our budget we wont be able to afford a ready to go striker from the Championship, like we did for Dykes, or we'd be in for Akinyemi, a more likely signing that would be challenging Bruce for the No9 position. We're relying on Martindale to be able to get another Nouble/JET signing from an obscure foreign league, of lower English league, like League One or below, which also carries the risk of them being like Guthrie. If we want a better quality signing we're prob having to go back to trying an on loan signing, from an EPL team, but then again we might get a Chucky. What a Face
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:28 pm

I don't see us making any signing till July, we'll prob have to shift Guthrie and Goncalves on, to free up wages before making any striker signings. Same applies for Nouble, with the English market opening up in July he'll hopefully get an offer down there, freeing up his wage and bringing in a transfer fee too. We brought in Devlin because Nicky and Fitz were out of contract and off the wage bill, the 3 i mentioned are still here though.

Expect a few trialists to be training with us and playing in the Alloa & QoTS friendlies.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:24 am

I'm hoping Dykes gets a move with decent money involved. The sell on might help us with a few more options.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:04 pm

orco wrote:I'm hoping Dykes gets a move with decent money involved. The sell on might help us with a few more options.

Not happening any time soon, one of these days we'll manage to get a sell on fee from a player.
    LYNDON Dykes has committed his future to the club by signing a contract extension which will keep him at Loftus Road until the summer of 2026.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:28 pm

Yip, that kills any sell on for Livi. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 pm