The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

First Team 23-24

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

First Team 23-24 - Page 3 Empty Re: First Team 23-24

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:35 am

Interesting that we have signed Daniel Lloyd (basically a lower league journeyman from the EFL) as short term cover for Montano with an option to extend that in January… all on the strength of anticipated income from the cup tie at Ibrox… which kind of spits in the face of the suggested money issues reported in the tabloids in recent weeks… surely if money was as drastic as they were suggesting any additional revenue would go towards that rather then short term cover… for that matter the signing of Teto is also counterintuitive to the picture painted by the papers.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:44 pm

Bit conflicting between Ward and Martindale over their views on how financially strapped we are, Martindale saying Ward was a bit harsh.

Think we've cut the wage budget by 200K and we intended bringing in a couple more players to fill the squad out for covering places, but we weren't intending doing so till we shifted Bitsindou & Goncalves, to free up wages. Martindale saying the Sevco windfall in the cup gives us more breathing room to sign some players regardless of punting those two, but would be even better if we could get them moved on.

We could do with a RWB covering Brandon too, shifting Penrice over there isn't great, because he has to cut inside to cross the ball with his left foot, and can't hit the byeline and cross with his right foot. And Welch-Hayes isn't ready for this level yet.

Prob would be better punting Bahamboula too, he isn't looking like getting much game time, he'll be behind Bradley, and he's not getting games just now either.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Boyes away to ICT on loan for the season… good move form him to get game time but I just hope he doesn’t get forgotten about as he has decent ability and is still young. The back 3 of Devlin, Obileye and DeLucas looks fairly settled but I’m underwhelmed by Parkes, so I’m not convinced we are as strong at the back as DM seems to think.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:34 pm

Find that strange.He wasn't one I'd have thought would have been away even if only on loan.At least wel have the option to call him back from the loan if needed due to injuries etc.And winter just round the corner. 🥶.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:28 pm

Esme is now Gone-calves - contract terminated by mutual consent; so at least that’s a wage freed up - could potentially see Lloyd stay longer if he works out
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:01 am

I've never really rated Boyes. He'll maybe get a chance at ICT though to develop and progress
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:12 am

Aye Boyes never kicked on in his 2nd season with his development, i think he was meant to be going out on loan last season but when Parkes was injured we needed him at Livi. Hopefully a season playing in the Championship will help him better, was too inconststent at Premiership level.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:36 pm

Another versatile defender/midfielder signed from non-league in England… that will help our lack of scoring eh?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:06 am

Auld Nick wrote:Another versatile defender/midfielder signed from non-league in England… that will help our lack of scoring eh?

It might, it'll allow us to get forward players on, and play them up the pitch, also looks like a Nicky Devlin type player, that'll balance out Montano/Penrice on the left wing, getting up the right wing and putting balls into the box.

Martindale said he tried getting him last season, prob as a replacement for Devlin leaving, we've been lacking a right sided player to drive the ball out of defence, and were even playing Nouble at RWB, but Nouble rarely goes on those type of runs now.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:25 am

Harking back to yesterday's post match comments from Davie.Whithout being over dramatic it concerns me that amid all the doom and gloom the club may be forced to overspend in January with finances we just haven't got,putting us in a perilous position overall.For me personally, if we have to drop down this season then so be it.Not sure if it would be a blessing in disguise,but if it were to bring a semblance of stability all round the club then would do us no harm imo.Not quite last chance saloon as yet but I feel we're on the brink.Trying to lift my spirits at this time without kidding myself.Would be incredible if they could somehow turn this around.Might be clutching at straws but miracles sometimes happen.Peace and health to all.santasantasanta🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:48 pm

Troy wrote:Harking back to yesterday's post match comments from Davie.Whithout being over dramatic it concerns me that amid all the doom and gloom the club may be forced to overspend in January with finances we just haven't got,putting us in a perilous position overall.For me personally, if we have to drop down this season then so be it.Not sure if it would be a blessing in disguise,but if it were to bring a semblance of stability  all round the club then would do us no harm imo.Not quite last chance saloon as yet but I feel we're on the brink.Trying to lift my spirits at this time without kidding myself.Would be incredible if they could somehow turn this around.Might be clutching at straws but miracles sometimes happen.Peace and health to all.santasantasanta🦁.

Don't think that's the case, think it's the usual one out one in, and we'll be moving a few players out in January, to bring some much needed fresh players in. Dunno who the ones he's talking about that have had agents contacting him, that don't want to be at Livi, in a relegation fight, but if that's the case then get them to feck, we need players fully committed to giving it their all, helping us stay up.

Martindale usually just drops players instantly when they don't want to be here, Scott Robinson didn't play again when he threw a strop, so may explain the selection changes in yesterday's starting XI, Hamilton coming in for Shamal. Though with the midweek game leaving some players having tight muscles, was why Devlin, Nottingham and Montano were left out, so maybe Shamal was just rotated to give him a rest. Soon find out though, by who isn't in the team in our next 2 games, if they'd been regular starters up till now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:44 pm

Agreed, if the players don’t want to fight for the club get rid.

Let’s face it no one wants to be in a relegation fight but we are bottom and the only way we’re getting out of it is if the guys show some fight and get in about the opposition and even that might not be enough.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:34 pm

Livingston FC is delighted to announce the signing of Australian striker Tete Yengi from Ipswich Town.

The 6ft 5in, 23 year old arrives in West Lothian from Portman Road having just completed a loan spell with Finnish top-flight club KuPS where he played in this season’s UEFA Europa Conference League.

Australian Yengi started his career in his native country, scoring nine times in 38 games for the Adelaide Comets before making ten appearances for Newcastle Jets prior to his move to Ipswich in 2021.

Tete had a loan spell in Finland before KuPS, playing for Vaasan Palloseura where he scored seven times and contributed eleven assists in 27 games and was named the club’s player of the season in 2022 before joining Northampton Town on loan last season where he played alongside former Lions stalwart Jon Guthrie.

Tete has signed on a 2-and-a-half-year deal and will wear the number 17 shirt. Subject to the relevant paperwork being signed off tomorrow, Tete could be available for Tuesday’s clash with Heart of Midlothian.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:14 am

Can only assume we will be continuing the hoofball tactics with someone his size up front…
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:51 pm

Big Luiyi is away, having had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

Wonder if we'll get another CB in, or have Donnellan for back up if needed.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:58 pm

Been suggested widely that Luiyi was homesick and wasn't up for the fight.Strange though.🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 pm

Have to change my pic now, inconsiderate bassa. Laughing

Will i change it to Nouble and see if he leaves tae? lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:38 pm

I’d rather he just upped his game to what it was when he was ripping up defences for fun
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:44 pm

Wouldn't we all, highly unlikely he's ever getting back to doing so though, and for me, he's a luxury player keeping out talented guys like St Kelly and Bradley, who would both give us far more effort to keep us up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:16 pm

Another new signing confirmed… David Carson from ICT… he impressed me when they beat us twice last season
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:26 pm

One for the Championship next season,if it happens😃.Agree he's decent at that level.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:11 pm

Think he'll be good at this level too Troy, good player for a relegation scrap, gets stuck in and gives 100%. Caley fans are gutted to see him leave too, which is good to see, usually you see a lot of comments saying they're no loss etc when players are leaving.

Speaking of which, Obileye's meant to be on a PCA to Motherwell, really shows how bad we've got defensively when he's our best CB, he's good in the air defending the box, but was always dodgy for a clanger. Can't say i'm gutted he's leaving, think we need a complete clear out of CB's next season, wherever we find ourselves playing.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:50 pm

Yeh,I wont be too sad seeing the back of Obiley.Agree Carson could do a job for us.Just feel that we've left ourselves an insurmountable climb to claw this back,and the next 2 weeks won't help either.🏔🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:02 pm

Be interesting to see where all the out of contract players end up. As a team we just haven't clicked so well this season but individually there are decent players there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:08 pm