The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Premier league Start.

Troy

Premier league Start. Empty Premier league Start.

Post by Troy Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:05 am

Couldn't have got a tougher start to the Season. Aberdeen Rangers Hibs.Just hope the sheep don't invade the pitch again.Couple of draws from these probably the best we're looking at.Strap yourselves in,its going to be a bumpy ride.🙄.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Premier league Start. Empty Re: Premier league Start.

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:10 pm

Could've got Sevco at home and Celtic & Hearts away, that would've been tougher.

Don't get how thinking Hibs will be any great shakes, they weren't much better than us last season, just scraped into top 6 by the skin of their teeth, and Nisbet is away. Both them and Aberdeen will also be involved in European games, which will make their league campaign tougher. Fancy us to get at least 4pts from those 3 games.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Liviforever wrote:Could've got Sevco at home and Celtic & Hearts away, that would've been tougher.

Don't get how thinking Hibs will be any great shakes, they weren't much better than us last season, just scraped into top 6 by the skin of their teeth, and Nisbet is away. Both them and Aberdeen will also be involved in European games, which will make their league campaign tougher. Fancy us to get at least 4pts from those 3 games.

Not for long though, they’ll be out in the first couple of rounds they play in.

But yeah it could have been a much harder start, that said it’s tough enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:50 pm

The last three before the split are horrendous, if we are not guaranteed to be top 6 before match day 30 we won’t be after match day 33.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:08 pm

No thread,but just back from the QOTS game.Comfortable 2 0 win for the Lions.Big Ayo doing his usual miss from the pen spot.Otherwise the defence rarely troubled.Devlin when up to speed could be crucial when the real stuff starts.Could be a decent replacement for his namesake.Didnt realise how tall Sangare was,but he strolled through this,albeit bearing in mind the opposition.Felt for big Joel up front on his own.Still feel his mindset is elsewhere. All in all a decent run out for the lads,but felt so strange being back at at the Vale after such a short absence.So much work ahead required but a wins a win.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Yeah solid debut's from Sangare and Devlin. Goal scorers Pitts and Bradley were stand outs for us, the latter came on and lifted the performance level when it had gone a bit flat. Shamal with a couple of good saves to keep a clean sheet too.

Looks like we still haven't found a decent penalty taker though, Ayo taking them again, and missing. Really don't understand why St Kelly or Bradley aren't being given them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:52 pm

Yep,just to edit.Thought Bradley pushed us up a level and took his goal superbly.Big player for us next season.But when he joined us we knew that.New guys Devlin & Sangare done themselves no harm whatsoever, but as I said earlier bare in mind the opposition, with respect to Marv.But slightly encouraging if not overwhelming.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:05 pm

Tsk Troy, you ignored my thread… I’m hurted and may never speak to you again… not that I’ve ever spoken to you before (to my knowledge) except on here. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:18 pm

Apologies Nick.See this anonymity on various forums gets right on my wick.Most people on this forum know who I am.And I'd hazard a guess that not only do I know who you are,but of course I've spoken to you in the flesh.But I'll keep it a secret.🤔🤫.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:47 pm